iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #871 of 1,733
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #872 of 1,733
By the way the Fiio FH5 is a solid earphone for the price but they aren't the IT04. I have nothing in my possesion that is as refined as the IT04 actually.

FH5 has an engaging full bodied sound but the IT04 has the better sound balancing and every region of sound has better definition with a wider stage as well.
Cool, I was waiting for some comparisons between the two. The talk about soundstage definitely sealed the deal for me that I should just get the it04 and call it a day. Otherwise the fh5 sounds pretty good too.

That silver cable looks like it'll be great both for my Andromeda and these....

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #873 of 1,733
Oh yea there is a clear difference in what type of sound we are dealing with on these 2 earphones. The only similarities is the amount of drivers both earphones are using and that is really about it.

I do like the FH5 as the way they are tuned they highlight a slight vocal forwardness, has good bass and treble is not peaky or fatiguing with good stage and depth but the IT04 is a much more refined listen at all ranges of sound from treble to bass.

Silver cable is not necessary as I love the sound from the whole packge but if you have the means and want a bit more of what the IT04 can do. I can't unlisten what I am hearing from a silver cable and the IT04. It will stay on there permanently. Lol.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #875 of 1,733
My IT04s arrived :) The CB13 cable brings back the bass, I'm actually starting to prefer these over my Atlas, listening to The Wall now and it sounds soooo good.
CB12s vs CB13 impressions please :L3000:

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #876 of 1,733
CB12s vs CB13 impressions please :L3000:

Sorry, I'm relaticely new to the hobby so I don't really know how put into words what hear. :disappointed_relieved: On the CB12s the bass sounded a little too thin for my liking, CB13 gives it the good ol' thumpy bass that I love on the IT01, other than that everything sounds a little bit cleaner? Then again, my source is the Hiby R6 and it's a warm DAP so it kinda adds on.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #877 of 1,733
Oh yea there is a clear difference in what type of sound we are dealing with on these 2 earphones. The only similarities is the amount of drivers both earphones are using and that is really about it.

I do like the FH5 as the way they are tuned they highlight a slight vocal forwardness, has good bass and treble is not peaky or fatiguing with good stage and depth but the IT04 is a much more refined listen at all ranges of sound from treble to bass.

Silver cable is not necessary as I love the sound from the whole packge but if you have the means and want a bit more of what the IT04 can do. I can't unlisten what I am hearing from a silver cable and the IT04. It will stay on there permanently. Lol.

What silver cable do you speak of, if I may ask? Was considering getting the Plussound IEM cable that is on Massdrop.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #878 of 1,733
This is Just what I wanted to read.
Instead of going for a cable upgrade like CB12 in my IT01, I will put some effort more and possibly go for the jackpot on IT04...

Guys that own the IT01. The IT04 is like taking every part of that sound from treble to bass end and refining each aspect of it, is the best way to describe the IT04. It is clearly playing on a much more higher level vs the IT01 but you can hear the family resemblance.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #879 of 1,733
Sorry, I'm relaticely new to the hobby so I don't really know how put into words what hear. :disappointed_relieved: On the CB12s the bass sounded a little too thin for my liking, CB13 gives it the good ol' thumpy bass that I love on the IT01, other than that everything sounds a little bit cleaner? Then again, my source is the Hiby R6 and it's a warm DAP so it kinda adds on.
Thanks for the reply. Not to worry about the vocabulary thing -- we all go through it when we start writing about what we hear. And remember, they are impressions not authoritative technical reviews or anything. Reviews get posted elsewhere.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #880 of 1,733
Nothing wrong with the stock cable. I honestly believe it is better than 99% of stock cables out on the market if not the best included cable for any earphone I have ever purchased. I am using that cable on my Fiio FH5. However believe me when I say the sonics on the IT04 can actually improve with silver. I will PM you guys and let you know what I am using. There is a reason for this.

Try out the N5ii with the IT04 better yet with a silver cable it is astounding.
Any recommendations on a reasonably priced silver cable? I wouldn't go over 200 bucks if possible.

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #881 of 1,733
_DSC1367 smallest.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC1367.jpg
    _DSC1367.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #883 of 1,733
Any recommendations on a reasonably priced silver cable? I wouldn't go over 200 bucks if possible.
I've been quite please with my Master Silver cable from Lavricables -- use with my HEKv2 and Auteur (via adapter). They have four lines, Reference, Ultimate, Master, Grand, and prices vary -- all are silver. The Reference line would come in under your budget. I notice they show an MMCX connector for one of their offerings in the Reference line, so I'm sure they could do that for a cable from any of their lines.

Note, they are in Latvia or Lithuania (can't remember which), so fulfillment takes a little while -- I seem to recall that it took about 2 - 3 weeks from order/payment to receipt. They do business via Paypal, and were quite responsive to my inquiries.

lavricables.com
info@lavricables.com

Hope that helps.

PS. I've got my eye on this cable from Null Audio:

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...yo-7n-cgocc-a-pure-silver-headphone-iem-cable

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #884 of 1,733
Haven't heard the E70 but the IT04s absolutely trump the Shure in terms of soundstage and clarity.

FWIW I definitively prefer the E70 (with spiral dots) to the IT03, even though I was hoping to save a little money with the IT03 at the time. From memory, I found the E70 had better separation and timbre, roughly equal soundstage, excellent bass texture and slam for a BA IEM, and generally a more balanced and true-to-life tuning. I preferred it to the lower-end CA offerings as well.

The description and early reviews of the IT04 have me very curious, as the signature sounds more up my alley and several folks have mentioned that it sounds more natural than the IT03 with sweeter highs and a more cohesive presentation. Hope I can try it out soon.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #885 of 1,733
FWIW I definitively prefer the E70 (with spiral dots) to the IT03, even though I was hoping to save a little money with the IT03 at the time. From memory, I found the E70 had better separation and timbre, roughly equal soundstage, excellent bass texture and slam for a BA IEM, and generally a more balanced and true-to-life tuning. I preferred it to the lower-end CA offerings as well.

The description and early reviews of the IT04 have me very curious, as the signature sounds more up my alley and several folks have mentioned that it sounds more natural than the IT03 with sweeter highs and a more cohesive presentation. Hope I can try it out soon.
Not a fan of CA.

I also didn't really enjoy the IT03. The IT04 is definitely better in my book. It is much clearer sounding which goes well with its expansive soundstage. Its natural in the sense that the PRaT, not too dull nor too sharp in its attacks. The highs are definitely improved too. While the lows and mids are more nuanced and resolving that the IT03, personally I would like a little more. Maybe a silver cable would bring it to my ideal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back