iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 4, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #676 of 3,079
It sounds fantastic out of my M3s. Even better out of the balanced end. M3s is an excellent player in general but I don't own a single earphone or headphone for that matter that doesn't sound right out of my M3s. Versatile with good 12 hours of battery and has good amount of power too.

Funny you mention this as I have my IT01 in my ears out of my M3s as I type.

Don't own the Cayin N3 and I am sure that player is good for the cash but the lack of balanced out is a deal breaker for me.

Thank you decided by Shanling M3s, now waiting for the IT04 to be released to pull the trigger as well.

I hope the IT04 comes with the balanced cable to take advantage of the M3s.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #677 of 3,079
I use IT01 with M3s. I am still burning them in, but so far I think it's a great match... plentiful bass and very well controlled treble, not overbearing.

Thank you so much help in choosing, M3s will be my Dap.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #678 of 3,079
Balanced is becoming a standard feature in a lot of the newer DAPs out on the market and I am seeing more and more balanced terminated cables out on the market as a result. There are plenty of affordable balanced cables out in the market. Aliexpress is your friend.

People that say they don't hear much difference in balanced need to try your earphones on a better source that has a better balanced out. IMO the IT01 is excellent amped, balanced and or single end which makes them even more versatile than a lot of earphones.

I said it before and I will say it again. If you think your IT01 sound great now. Wait till you try it out with a proper balanced configuration. Guaranteed to make you smile from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #679 of 3,079
I was the other lucky one who grabbed them for 50£, same positive experience with them (which I had use many years ago, always been a good e-shop).

They're 16Ohm so theoretically any amp around 2 or more Ohm could make them hiss.

They do ever so slightly with my X7 (which is indeed 2Ohm).

We were indeed lucky! Initially I thought I wanted the black version but now I feel better having the red/blue.
I currently use them without any amp, but of course HTC M9 is a bit more powerful than other smartphones. It also sounds more engaging and a bit warmer.
I can't hear that hiss when they are used straight out of my laptop.
I can only hear some crackling when there is too much bass, I hope this will be tamed with further drivers burn in.

Regarding the need of a dedicated DAP, I believe that any smartphone can easily drive them, so don't afraid if you don't have any other portable source.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #680 of 3,079
We were indeed lucky! Initially I thought I wanted the black version but now I feel better having the red/blue.
I currently use them without any amp, but of course HTC M9 is a bit more powerful than other smartphones. It also sounds more engaging and a bit warmer.
I can't hear that hiss when they are used straight out of my laptop.
I can only hear some crackling when there is too much bass, I hope this will be tamed with further drivers burn in.

Regarding the need of a dedicated DAP, I believe that any smartphone can easily drive them, so don't afraid if you don't have any other portable source.

I keep checking on a daily basis if more of them show up in clearance lol. Trying to postpone buying a $100 till my b-day end of march, but if such an awesome deal shows up again I have to take advantage of it.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #681 of 3,079
I keep checking on a daily basis if more of them show up in clearance lol. Trying to postpone buying a $100 till my b-day end of march, but if such an awesome deal shows up again I have to take advantage of it.
I wouldn't mind paying full price for what I hear OOTB so yes you should check the site regularly.
Also since I'm also coming from a full Xiaomi and KZ range of IEMs I can't see the reason to go back to sub-$50 IEM anytime soon.
Thank you iBasso, now I'm ruined! :D

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #682 of 3,079
I wouldn't mind paying full price for what I hear OOTB so yes you should check the site regularly.
Also since I'm also coming from a full Xiaomi and KZ range of IEMs I can't see the reason to go back to sub-$50 IEM anytime soon.
I think until 100/150$ it's a reasonable value, it's the next real upgrade that will require over 500$ :L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #683 of 3,079
I think until 100/150$ it's a reasonable value, it's the next real upgrade that will require over 500$ :L3000:
Yeah, lucky to those of you who still consider $100 to be "ruined", even $500 lol.

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #684 of 3,079
My first $100 iem, didn't know I was ordering them from China! Gonna be a long 3 weeks. :frowning2: I'll be playing these off my LGV20 and iDSD Black Edition. Curious now about getting a balanced out amp now too. AliExpress for that...really?

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #685 of 3,079
I have received my pair from Advancedmp3players.co.uk and OOTB they sound amazing. I don't have any other IEM close to them to compare but I'm already satisfied.
Playing a bit with the tips I feel that the wider bore stock tips give me best sound and fit, I need to play a bit more.
There is some slight grain when a song is too much detailed and needs better instruments separation but we are still at 5hrs burn in.
Also when they are connected to my HTC M9 using PowerAmp there is a slight hissing at the silent parts of the songs (using 320kbps). Is this due to the sensitivity of the IEMS, the quality of the MP3 or the source? I need to figure it out

On a side note, my pair was a clearance (open box) item and I must say that the service by Advancedmp3players.co.uk was stellar and they are now high on my list for future purchases.
Why aren't you using Tidal?

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #686 of 3,079
Why aren't you using Tidal?
Discerning between a good ripped mp3 and flac is already debatable, imagine through a phone on a 100$ pair of iems.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #688 of 3,079
Discerning between a good ripped mp3 and flac is already debatable, imagine through a phone on a 100$ pair of iems.
An LGV20 or LGV30? Both tops for IEMs but you should try the Tidal free trial, its not debatable for me, I can hear the difference between a Spotify track and a Tidal Hi Fi track. But few can't, so I get your response.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #689 of 3,079
Still thoroughly enjoying the IT01. And it pairs great with the Cayin N5II.

N5II & IT01 01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back