iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 16, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #751 of 1,036
Anyone order one from Linsoul? Was in stock when ordered on 6th and no movement. Regret hesitating when advancedmp3 had them in stock here in UK.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #752 of 1,036
Anyone order one from Linsoul? Was in stock when ordered on 6th and no movement. Regret hesitating when advancedmp3 had them in stock here in UK.
How long do you think it will be before advancedmp3 gets it back in stock? It may be faster to just wait.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #754 of 1,036
I feel so strange because I don't listen to my 650 much at all anymore. The IT00 are super comfortable and have an enjoyable sound, for a damn low price.
I know what you mean. Seems odd. Some of the really well recorded music I have just sounds so good. I also love the combination of the CF01 and the IT00 and the IT04.

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #755 of 1,036
I have a very superficial comparison with the ThieAudio L3. I find the 00 to be more comfortable to be sure. I alternated between Azla and Spiral Dots for the 00 and generally just the Azla with the L3. Overall I am finding the 00 to be a bit more low mid range oriented. What I would call a very muscular sound. The L3 have a more neutral sound to them, and a much more open high end. The soundstage on the L3 is also much bigger. I suspect that much of this is due to a single DD architecure vs hybrid DD/BA. After reading the early reviews of the 00 I thought the 00 might displace the ThieAdio in my bag of tricks but I am not quite sure of that any more. Plus there seems to be a wealth of powerhouse IEMs coming out below the $200 range.

Aug 16, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #756 of 1,036
How are folks finding the IT00 scales, if at all? I switched from my iPad to a BTR5 and surprisingly prefer the iPad. The BTR5 opened up the soundstage further but instruments sounded distant and the highs harsher. Was only a brief comparison so could be a false impression.

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #757 of 1,036
After another 20 hours of burn it it's clear the ISN H40 still is the superior IEM over the IT00. I guess it should be, but that should NOT take anything away from the IT00. It is fantastic, particularly at it's price point.
Between the two the H40 is certainly more detailed, has a wider soundstage and cleaner, faster bass with similar extension and output in the sub bass dept. The H40 has more air and treble extension too, but no deal breaker there. And a bit more body to male vocals.
For a single DD the IT00 is the best I have heard and owned, and some of those are the Atlas, Xelento, TFZ No.3. It kind of reminds me of the F-Audio Major, but lighter.
I can report no issue with driver flex or channel imbalance on my pair at all.
The tuning is uncannily similar to the Xelento’s
73061D95-9DA9-46AA-BDEF-2C6A9DC06FD3.jpeg

Aug 18, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #760 of 1,036
Here is my first impression: IT00 is a bass cannon. :o2smile:
Yes, and as noted the 01 is even more so. I decided these were to bass and midrange heavy for my tastes and returned them.

Think I will try to find something above my favorite pairs instead of "side grades". Interested in LZ A7 and other ideas. My two current favorites are ThieAudio Legacy L3 and FLC8D (gunmetal filter). Open to suggestions of what else to look at of course.

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #761 of 1,036
I went and took the plunge with the YBF drop. After listening to graphene (and other carbon-based DD) almost exclusively, I am really itching to fall in love with a new sound like beryllium. We shall see if it can compete with the IT00!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #762 of 1,036
I went and took the plunge with the YBF drop. After listening to graphene (and other carbon-based DD) almost exclusively, I am really itching to fall in love with a new sound like beryllium. We shall see if it can compete with the IT00!

Depends which Urbanfun driver u get man, it is a real crapshoot in getting a beryllium driver vs "noble metal" driver. Hopefully you don't get any QC issues too!

But if u get a real beryllium Urbanfun, I find the bass on it is even more textured than the IT00, with better timbre too. I just wish urbanfun will spend some time and money in ensuring good QC and proper drivers, a big pity that the sound has been overshadowed by these QC problems.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #763 of 1,036
Depends which Urbanfun driver u get man, it is a real crapshoot in getting a beryllium driver vs "noble metal" driver. Hopefully you don't get any QC issues too!

But if u get a real beryllium Urbanfun, I find the bass on it is even more textured than the IT00, with better timbre too. I just wish urbanfun will spend some time and money in ensuring good QC and proper drivers, a big pity that the sound has been overshadowed by these QC problems.
how mids and vocals in uf?

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #764 of 1,036
You should hear the IT01 :)
i have it01, last month i auditioned my friend's it00. i honestly think bass in it00 seems more punchier, tighter and faster and the vocals on it00 were clearer and intimate than it01. im kinda think the it00 a bit upgraded compared to the it01.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #765 of 1,036
how mids and vocals in uf?

I'm not 100% certain mine is the beryllium Urbanfun, but FWIW my Urbanfun has more recessed lower mids than the IT00, and it is more V shaped (with more boosted upper mids than the IT00). Vocal timbre seems a tinge more accurate on the Urbanfun than the IT00 but the Urbanfun upper mids (and hence female vocals) can be a tinge hot when played on louder volumes. I haven't found fatigue or vocal harshness on my IT00 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back