iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #736 of 1,036
i just "burn-in" by listening to them!! I do have a studio rack with a EQ that has a pink noise generator, but that's too much trouble. Just enjoy them right outta the box, and see if you can tell any differences as it progresses. (I used to always give a quick listen first, then burn-in so I could see if I could actually TELL a difference to even believe in the burn-in effect). A lot of times its a brain/tuning memory thing too (just getting used to the sound after experience with other tunings), but i do think dynamic drivers get better after some physical break-in of the diaphragms.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #737 of 1,036
i just "burn-in" by listening to them!! I do have a studio rack with a EQ that has a pink noise generator, but that's too much trouble. Just enjoy them right outta the box, and see if you can tell any differences as it progresses. (I used to always give a quick listen first, then burn-in so I could see if I could actually TELL a difference to even believe in the burn-in effect). A lot of times its a brain/tuning memory thing too (just getting used to the sound after experience with other tunings), but i do think dynamic drivers get better after some physical break-in of the diaphragms.
I have done that test too, and I never heard any difference at all. So yes I 100% believe it is brain burn in.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #738 of 1,036
how did you burn-in your it00? volume?

im currently in the process of burning my it00 through an app.
By listening and leaving the it00 running on the Hiby R5. I've had them some time. I'm a hands on analogue man. Many support brain burn in but not empirical burn in. I am fairly sure these also empirically burn in.....as do iBasso.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #739 of 1,036
I do believe that burn in helps; particularly with bass response. I am now at something like 30 hours, which is good enough to get a sense of a pair of IEMs in my view.

Overall; these are definitely in the smooth no surprises camp. Definitely in the same sound signature camp as the Blon 03 and ThieAudio Legacy L3. I don't have the it-01 anymore but I feel these are much cleaner than my memory of the it-01. My bet is that the it-04 gets a revision with the DD from the 00.

I don't think these are ultra resolving. When I want clear instrument articulation I would still pull out my FLC8D. These are fairly priced entry level hifi; but I don't see them as remotely near summit fi nor should they be.

But there is much to be said for a non fatiguing listen and it won't be the end of the world if you leave them behind on an airplane or subway. And yes, I did lose a pair of Sony earbuds once in an airport so that can happen. And we won't even talk about losing various tips between seats on airplanes....

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #740 of 1,036
I don't think these are ultra resolving. When I want clear instrument articulation I would still pull out my FLC8D. These are fairly priced entry level hifi; but I don't see them as remotely near summit fi nor should they be.
I agree. I think they have really good resolution for an affordable single DD, but not like IEMs with well implemented BAs.

Definitely not Summit-Fi, but they definitely can challenge quite a few Mid-Fi contenders.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #742 of 1,036
Just got the IT00 in, im not much of an IEM person so im not sure if my first impressions are any help.
It has an atmospheric airy etheral quality to it that i didnt hear in IEMs before. Bass is a little light and not hitting that hard but im coming from the Fidelio X2 :wink: Vocals are very well seperated, maybe a bit too peaky at higher volumes. Transients are fast and snappy. Very happy so far. Comfort is great too.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #743 of 1,036
Just got the IT00 in, im not much of an IEM person so im not sure if my first impressions are any help.
It has an atmospheric airy etheral quality to it that i didnt hear in IEMs before. Bass is a little light and not hitting that hard but im coming from the Fidelio X2 :wink: Vocals are very well seperated, maybe a bit too peaky at higher volumes. Transients are fast and snappy. Very happy so far. Comfort is great too.
Bass is very tip dependent. Ear anatomies are so different. Many tips have followings, but I find that JVC Spiral Dots, seal well, and give great bass even when other tips are meh. My it00 has big bass.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #744 of 1,036
Thanks, it's not the first time that i read about the JVC Spiral Dots around here, i should give them a try. Im currently using the supplied L tips and the seal at least feels good and they are not moving out of my ears.

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #745 of 1,036
this is magical. im really impressed with it00. im not overreacting maybe i just really loved its signature. Bass became perfect after 2 days of use. Listening to “why do I stil have the blues” is like paradise to my ears with it00. I can close my eyes all day and listen to it00.

the only complaint I have with this white mystery gun is the driver flex, but its not a deal breaker for me. I would still prefer to use this and bench the others for the meantime.

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #746 of 1,036
this is magical. im really impressed with it00. im not overreacting maybe i just really loved its signature. Bass became perfect after 2 days of use. Listening to “why do I stil have the blues” is like paradise to my ears with it00. I can close my eyes all day and listen to it00.

the only complaint I have with this white mystery gun is the driver flex, but its not a deal breaker for me. I would still prefer to use this and bench the others for the meantime.
I learned to put in without driver flex. I open my mouth wide when I put in :)

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #749 of 1,036
Continually impressed with the IT00. As they've been breaking in this week, I've actually reduced the amount of EQ I've been using, only cutting some of the lower treble that's contributing to the sibilance common to graphene drivers and adding back a bit to even out the mids at 2k. I almost want duplicate IT00s attached to different cables, etc. so I can sell off most of my other IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back