iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 18, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #766 of 1,036
I'm not 100% certain mine is the beryllium Urbanfun, but FWIW my Urbanfun has more recessed lower mids than the IT00, and it is more V shaped (with more boosted upper mids than the IT00). Vocal timbre seems a tinge more accurate on the Urbanfun than the IT00 but the Urbanfun upper mids (and hence female vocals) can be a tinge hot when played on louder volumes. I haven't found fatigue or vocal harshness on my IT00 so far.
aite, nwt!

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #769 of 1,036
I'm not 100% certain mine is the beryllium Urbanfun, but FWIW my Urbanfun has more recessed lower mids than the IT00, and it is more V shaped (with more boosted upper mids than the IT00). Vocal timbre seems a tinge more accurate on the Urbanfun than the IT00 but the Urbanfun upper mids (and hence female vocals) can be a tinge hot when played on louder volumes. I haven't found fatigue or vocal harshness on my IT00 so far.
I have a beryllium version (”white box”) and concur with all of this.

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #770 of 1,036
Think I'll return the IT00, though they are a solid recommendation if you're looking for a warm v-shape (almost u-shape) with excellent detail retrieval.

I received the BL-03 short after these, and while they are clearly in two different price categories, I can't help but be super impressed with the timbre of the Blon, particularly through the mid range, though it sounds spatially flat due to the lack of refinement at critical points of pinna activation (missing a bit at 3-5 kHz, too much happening around 10kHz). That points me directly at the Starfield as my next purchase, where I feel I'll probably rest happily for years to come.

Comparatively, the iBasso just sounds a bit too thin and nasally with most female vocals, and though the sibilance creating this is tamed tastefully, it just sounds unnatural to me. That plus my own need to tip roll for these makes for a minor frustration, though from the stock tips, the ones pre-fitted went closest.

They're definitely worth an A-B in the price range, but I feel like people will probably wind up looking for well-tuned Beryllium and CNT drivers at present.

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #771 of 1,036
Think I'll return the IT00, though they are a solid recommendation if you're looking for a warm v-shape (almost u-shape) with excellent detail retrieval.

I received the BL-03 short after these, and while they are clearly in two different price categories, I can't help but be super impressed with the timbre of the Blon, particularly through the mid range, though it sounds spatially flat due to the lack of refinement at critical points of pinna activation (missing a bit at 3-5 kHz, too much happening around 10kHz). That points me directly at the Starfield as my next purchase, where I feel I'll probably rest happily for years to come.

Comparatively, the iBasso just sounds a bit too thin and nasally with most female vocals, and though the sibilance creating this is tamed tastefully, it just sounds unnatural to me. That plus my own need to tip roll for these makes for a minor frustration, though from the stock tips, the ones pre-fitted went closest.

They're definitely worth an A-B in the price range, but I feel like people will probably wind up looking for well-tuned Beryllium and CNT drivers at present.
Along with the Starfield, I recommend you look into and consider the NF Audio NA2.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #772 of 1,036

Completely agree with your assessment. Whenever I switch from earbuds to the it00, I notice the difference you observed with female vocals. I'm keeping mine, though, cause we could always use excellent sounding IEMs, no? (esp distinctly diff sounding ones)

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #773 of 1,036
Completely agree with your assessment. Whenever I switch from earbuds to the it00, I notice the difference you observed with female vocals. I'm keeping mine, though, cause we could always use excellent sounding IEMs, no? (esp distinctly diff sounding ones)
I've already got a solid u-shaped experience in my Takstar Pro 82, though I suspect I need to take it apart and clear some dust or hair off the drivers. The signature when done well is very euphoric, so I totally get why people are calling these musical.

I'd say the iBasso do it better, but the Pro 82 is more relaxed.

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #774 of 1,036
I've already got a solid u-shaped experience in my Takstar Pro 82, though I suspect I need to take it apart and clear some dust or hair off the drivers. The signature when done well is very euphoric, so I totally get why people are calling these musical.

I'd say the iBasso do it better, but the Pro 82 is more relaxed.
I don't know how many hours you have on the IT00 but with the stock medium wide bore, and I listen to a lot of female singers, I don't get an nasal or hollow sound (which I don't like at all). That is my assessment with the IT00, don't have the issue.

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #775 of 1,036
Fwiw, EQing the upper mids/lower treble does help the vocals on the IT00 with Spiral Dots. As always, EQ implementations are different, so your settings might vary depending on EQ type.
1kHz: +1 dB
2kHz: +2 dB
4kHz: -1.5 dB
8kHz: -3 dB

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #776 of 1,036
I don't know how many hours you have on the IT00 but with the stock medium wide bore, and I listen to a lot of female singers, I don't get an nasal or hollow sound (which I don't like at all). That is my assessment with the IT00, don't have the issue.
Wasn't finding it to be hollow, perhaps I would more accurately describe it as slightly thin and brittle on female vocals? And I was finding the transients speedy, but the notes weren't smooth in presentation further down the frequency range, with it most prominent in that upper mid-range.

Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls is probably a good non-vocal example of what wasn't working for me, timbre just felt off there.

Definitely accounted for seal and even spotted a filter was slightly loose, but the upper mid issue remained.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #777 of 1,036
Wasn't finding it to be hollow, perhaps I would more accurately describe it as slightly thin and brittle on female vocals? And I was finding the transients speedy, but the notes weren't smooth in presentation further down the frequency range, with it most prominent in that upper mid-range.

Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls is probably a good non-vocal example of what wasn't working for me, timbre just felt off there.

Definitely accounted for seal and even spotted a filter was slightly loose, but the upper mid issue remained.
Wow timbre is the strong point of this IEM. In particular male and female vocals. Vocal timbre is probably the most important feature in most music and A/B ing with other IEMs I would say vocal timbre is a very strong point for the it00.

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #778 of 1,036
Wow timbre is the strong point of this IEM. In particular male and female vocals. Vocal timbre is probably the most important feature in most music and A/B ing with other IEMs I would say vocal timbre is a very strong point for the it00.
I mean I was comparing it against the MH755 and the BLON BL-03 so it's fairly stiff competition, and I would put it between the two, but the BLON just comes across so smooth in comparison.

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #779 of 1,036
I mean I was comparing it against the MH755 and the BLON BL-03 so it's fairly stiff competition, and I would put it between the two, but the BLON just comes across so smooth in comparison.
We all hear things differently. After reading about the 03 I got some, let them burn in and they compete at a lower level against other IEMs but not against the 00, IMO. The IT00 are just better.

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #780 of 1,036

Brittle female voice. Yes!! But that's one of reasons I love this IEM.
It is not thin. It is crystal clear w/o any harsh nor hissing.
4k to 4k4 is a crown hill - not a peak. IMO it helps woman vocal to sounds like diamond under sunlight.

This iem is far from V or U(even on Spinfit, which tend to do it). IMO it is slightly W shape.
Img has good body and quite richy sounding.

White M size tip is best to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back