iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 14, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #721 of 1,036
Did you change your tips or just the cable?
I only changed the cable. Using the same Sedna Light Shorts. I‘m pretty sure my hearing was different too, at that time. It was likely a combination of the two factors.

QUOTE@SciOC
Part of the appeal of the IT00 is that it's definitely good at everything. It's like choosing Mario in Mario kart. A good character without any major flaws. :joy: Great example! I always choose Mario in Mario Kart!:joy:

TBH, I think the blon comparison is one that is pretty easy to say the IT00 is better than the Blon. I think only a small minority of users would prefer the blon in A/B testing. This is true. The difference between the 2 is significant.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #722 of 1,036
My brain burn in took a few days for the it00s. They sounded good from the off, but iBasso says 100 hours physical burn in. So have they changed in the 100 hours? I would say......yes. For the better yes. These are exceptional. They do music good and make it a pleasure to listen to, and then to the experience that bliss that music links us to. Really absorbing.

With the passing of Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame, he often had notoriety, a touch that was unique, and that genius....to me of course. So I ordered the TRi i3 thinking it would suit his style of Blues and guitar. Well it arrived in the Uk within a WEEK of ordering. Wow. I also for the sake of it ordered the Tiandirenhe TD06 Hifi earphone with two extra tuning filters (Took 5 days to get here....!!!!!). It came with a nice 8 core Single Crystal Copper Upgrade Cable and a total cost of about £22. The cable is clearly worth 10 quid....so a good deal if the resin IEM is any good. For the price they are good....not world beaters....but they have, from their '10mm Taiwan biofilm driver', some very interesting qualities.
I've yet to burn in the TRi i3 but in listening and AB'ing with the it00 is quite an experience. Apples and Oranges. The melty guitars in Snowy Whites 'Headful of Blues' from the it00 are great. Also the rhythm that only a DD can create and the beautiful timbre of voices make the it00 a pathway to something creatively beautiful. The Tri 03 adds something different from the same track, and something so well implemented. Three drivers....DD, Planar and BA. Suddenly the Spacial arena of the head becomes a mirror of space. Almost Hermetic , 'As above so below' A psychedelic mystery. Heaven coming to earth. Music from every spacial direction. These have still to burn in but are very special indeed already. Unlike any IEM I have heard and in a good way. The it00 and Tri i3 are very special..IMHO, and for someone who gets lost in music, I think I have made two good choices. Thanks to @audio123 for introducing me to the it00, and to all the guys on the TRi i3 thread for eulogising them.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #723 of 1,036
My brain burn in took a few days for the it00s. They sounded good from the off, but iBasso says 100 hours physical burn in. So have they changed in the 100 hours? I would say......yes. For the better yes. These are exceptional. They do music good and make it a pleasure to listen to, and then to the experience that bliss that music links us to. Really absorbing.

With the passing of Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame, he often had notoriety, a touch that was unique, and that genius....to me of course. So I ordered the TRi i3 thinking it would suit his style of Blues and guitar. Well it arrived in the Uk within a WEEK of ordering. Wow. I also for the sake of it ordered the Tiandirenhe TD06 Hifi earphone with two extra tuning filters (Took 5 days to get here....!!!!!). It came with a nice 8 core Single Crystal Copper Upgrade Cable and a total cost of about £22. The cable is clearly worth 10 quid....so a good deal if the resin IEM is any good. For the price they are good....not world beaters....but they have, from their '10mm Taiwan biofilm driver', some very interesting qualities.
I've yet to burn in the TRi i3 but in listening and AB'ing with the it00 is quite an experience. Apples and Oranges. The melty guitars in Snowy Whites 'Headful of Blues' from the it00 are great. Also the rhythm that only a DD can create and the beautiful timbre of voices make the it00 a pathway to something creatively beautiful. The Tri 03 adds something different from the same track, and something so well implemented. Three drivers....DD, Planar and BA. Suddenly the Spacial arena of the head becomes a mirror of space. Almost Hermetic , 'As above so below' A psychedelic mystery. Heaven coming to earth. Music from every spacial direction. These have still to burn in but are very special indeed already. Unlike any IEM I have heard and in a good way. The it00 and Tri i3 are very special..IMHO, and for someone who gets lost in music, I think I have made two good choices. Thanks to @audio123 for introducing me to the it00, and to all the guys on the TRi i3 thread for eulogising them.
How are you thoughts now on the Starfield in the context of these two?

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #724 of 1,036

Yep agree fully, TRI I3 and IT00 are different beasts, but they bring different benefits to the table. Though TRI I3 is 2x the price of the IT00!

Only thing is TRI I3 needs amping to really show its holographic soundstage and sweet planar mids. With just a humble smart phone, the sound is pretty meh. But with amping, I would rank it as one of my top 5 IEMs. Too bad it doesn't isolate that well for me, so I still prefer the IT00 for transit purposes.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #725 of 1,036
How are you thoughts now on the Starfield in the context of these two?
I do like the Starfield. I put a NiceCHK 4.4 cable on it and listen balanced from my Hiby R5. They are a nice listen from the 4.4mm that definitely improves it over the SE 3.5mm. I doubt if many would dislike the sound. But in saying all that, I do think the it00 and the TRi i3 will come before the Starfield in my rotation. So little input on the Moondrop thread on them any more.
The it00, IMHO, is better in all ways and the Tri i3 are, a well implemented, unique IEM, that are quite an experience....better to me than the Starfield. But we are all so different that many will think differently.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #726 of 1,036
Yep agree fully, TRI I3 and IT00 are different beasts, but they bring different benefits to the table. Though TRI I3 is 2x the price of the IT00!

Only thing is TRI I3 needs amping to really show its holographic soundstage and sweet planar mids. With just a humble smart phone, the sound is pretty meh. But with amping, I would rank it as one of my top 5 IEMs. Too bad it doesn't isolate that well for me, so I still prefer the IT00 for transit purposes.
100% agree on amping the TRi i3. I never even listened 3.5mm. Everyone said...."Amp it".....so I do. I run it from the Hiby R5, 4.4 mm, using a 4.4 FAAEAL cable.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #727 of 1,036
The bass on the IT00 does seem a bit more articulate after a few days! Still a little peaky/harsh in the treble (4-5k) to my ears, but I've EQ'd it down some. Hoping the ranges get a bit more smooth. Still like the tuning of the L3 more--if i A/B them together, L3 just seems a good bit smoother, and better MR in particular. But 00 is a very good set for the price, and enjoyable.
I wouldn't have minded a few color/shell choices, but took a brush and painted the outer faceplates myself. :wink:

Attachments

• IT00 painted-LR.jpg
    IT00 painted-LR.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #728 of 1,036
The bass on the IT00 does seem a bit more articulate after a few days! Still a little peaky/harsh in the treble (4-5k) to my ears, but I've EQ'd it down some. Hoping the ranges get a bit more smooth. Still like the tuning of the L3 more--if i A/B them together, L3 just seems a good bit smoother, and better MR in particular. But 00 is a very good set for the price, and enjoyable.
I wouldn't have minded a few color/shell choices, but took a brush and painted the outer faceplates myself. :wink:
That is a really nice faceplate! With those lines, It kinda looks like it is made out of wood.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #729 of 1,036
That is a really nice faceplate! With those lines, It kinda looks like it is made out of wood.
Thanks, I shoulda taken more time actually. Just layered two colors together. Was trying to get some texture in the strokes, but free-handing and more worried about getting a clean application without going down on the shell too far.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #730 of 1,036
Thanks, I shoulda taken more time actually. Just layered two colors together. Was trying to get some texture in the strokes, but free-handing and more worried about getting a clean application without going down on the shell too far.
I assume that you can just tape the rest of the body to avoid staining it.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #731 of 1,036

No matter how good the Tri i3 is, they'll be relegated to in home use for me; they remind a lot (physically) of the iKKO OH10: heavy and (what appears to be) chrome plated. Carrying the i3 around in my pocket brings back memories of the 1970s death toy, the Clacker.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #733 of 1,036
OMG
You have something in common with Vincent van Gogh. You paint and have an obsession with ears. I predict greatness....except you will keep your ears for a long time. Voila!

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #735 of 1,036

how did you burn-in your it00? volume?

im currently in the process of burning my it00 through an app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back