iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #541 of 864
Hi

Anyone has problems with keeping their Cards in the slot? I am having trouble with keeping the memory cards in the slot. There is not click to secure the card in the slot!!

What shall I do?

Appreciate any guidance thanks

are you sure you're not pressing the card twice?  the card goes in contacts facing forward, press down and it's in place, press again and it pops up again.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #544 of 864
Hi

I'm pressing it once. Just don't get the click that secures the card. Sob!

i do not get an audible or palpable click.  it just stays down.  if you push it in, and it stays down, turn on the player and it's likely fine.

May 8, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #545 of 864
Pls help, i've got an issue here. The screen display on my dx90 sometimes did not appear when i turn it on. Only the backlight appear, the rest is blank. I got to off it and on it again for the screen display to appear. However the device is still playable when the screen display did not appear. Sometimes, during play, when screen time out, i can't get back the screen display again no matter what button i press. can anyone help? Thanks

May 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #546 of 864
Pls help, i've got an issue here. The screen display on my dx90 sometimes did not appear when i turn it on. Only the backlight appear, the rest is blank. I got to off it and on it again for the screen display to appear. However the device is still playable when the screen display did not appear. Sometimes, during play, when screen time out, i can't get back the screen display again no matter what button i press. can anyone help? Thanks

Did you try a factory reset?

May 8, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #548 of 864
Hi Guys

I am new to this site so apologies if i submit this inn the wrong place. I am an owner of an Ibasso dx90 and up to now I have had no problems with it. I went to turn it on last night and it is completely dead. Ok.. so I thought the battery needs charging, so I plugged it into the wall and the charging light starts. I left it for a few hours, went back to it and tried to turn it on and still the same story. It seems to power on when plugged into a computer or mains, but when the usb cable is detached it powers off. The battery itself doesn't seem to be charging because after many hours and leaving it to charge overnight the charging sign is still flashing and it doesn't power on.

I have tried the following:

Changing cables

Firmware roll back

The last resort is to send it back to IBasso and that sounds like a pig to do, has anyone got any ideas?

cheers

May 8, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #549 of 864
  Hi Guys

I am new to this site so apologies if i submit this inn the wrong place. I am an owner of an Ibasso dx90 and up to now I have had no problems with it. I went to turn it on last night and it is completely dead. Ok.. so I thought the battery needs charging, so I plugged it into the wall and the charging light starts. I left it for a few hours, went back to it and tried to turn it on and still the same story. It seems to power on when plugged into a computer or mains, but when the usb cable is detached it powers off. The battery itself doesn't seem to be charging because after many hours and leaving it to charge overnight the charging sign is still flashing and it doesn't power on.

Changing cables

Firmware roll back

The last resort is to send it back to IBasso and that sounds like a pig to do, has anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Try a different battery, yours may have died.

May 8, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #550 of 864
Hi Wolfen

Yeah luckily I bought a spare Samsung s3 battery, but on holiday at the moment so can't check whether that will rectify the problem. I have only had the Ibasso for 3 months, do you think it might be a faulty battery?

Cheers

May 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #551 of 864

Try loading the firmware again. Sometimes there can be corruption of files. This doesn't often happen but it is worth a try. After loading the FW do a factory reset.

Hi Guys

Changing cables

Firmware roll back

cheers

Batteries do go bad from time to time. Please try a new battery when you can. If that doesn't help the dealer you purchased it from should fix the problem for you. If they can not we always stand behind our warranty.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 9, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #552 of 864
I posted this in another thread- probably doesn't qualify as bugs, but something I'd really like to see fixed in the next firmware update:

-Re-scanning a card after the initial scan takes way too long. After the initial scan it seems it should be much quicker. It took 5 minutes to scan my 128 gb card that already had a library built. 

-The way it recognized tags is crazy. Media Monkey is smart enough to know that Hammers of Misfortune and Hammers Of Misfortune are the same band...seems like the DX90 should too :wink: pair this up with Windows not wanting to let me change tags occasionally and my first problem above, I find myself using directory view more often which seems like a waste. 

-DAC crashed both my windows 10 and Windows 7 computer. It's not terribly important to me, but would be nice. 

-It's way too easy to accidentally select something while scrolling. Frustrating when I'm scrolling through like 100+ artists and I accidentally select every 5th one. 

May 9, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #553 of 864
  Try loading the firmware again. Sometimes there can be corruption of files. This doesn't often happen but it is worth a try. After loading the FW do a factory reset.

Batteries do go bad from time to time. Please try a new battery when you can. If that doesn't help the dealer you purchased it from should fix the problem for you. If they can not we always stand behind our warranty.

Hi Paul

I went out and bought an original s3 battery for the dx90 and have tried that. Seems to be the same story, it will turn on when plugged in but zero power when unplugged. Very strange. I bought the Ibasso from mp4 nation via the web, I want to send it to Ibasso because mp4 nation didn't seem very organised when i got the dx 90. How do I send it to Ibasso and roughly how long does it take to fix?

May 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #554 of 864

Hi Paul

I went out and bought an original s3 battery for the dx90 and have tried that. Seems to be the same story, it will turn on when plugged in but zero power when unplugged. Very strange. I bought the Ibasso from mp4 nation via the web, I want to send it to Ibasso because mp4 nation didn't seem very organised when i got the dx 90. How do I send it to Ibasso and roughly how long does it take to fix?

Please send an email to service@ibasso.com
Include in the heading that you have a repair and why you want to send it back to us at the factory in the body of the message. Turn around time is 1 or 2 days. How long it takes to get to us depends upon the method you choose for sending it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #555 of 864
Hi, guys. I'm a new DX90 owner trying to navigate the quirks.

I've updated to the latest firmware, 2.2.0. I did a factory reset after loading the new firmware. I've got gapless enabled, and slow roll-off. My files are Apple Lossless vinyl rips from my collection.

The most maddening thing I've been dealing with is the 2-to-1 second clipping at the end of the tracks — a widely reported issue with the DX90, it seems.

I bought the unit under the impression that this was such an unacceptable aspect of the device that iBasso would have been forced to fix it in a firmware update by now. Is that not the case??

I'll write iBasso about this, but I wonder if anyone can offer a tip or troubleshooting operation that I'm unaware of. Would the clipping be eliminated by loading a previous firmware version? If so, which one is best for this issue?

Many thanks for whatever guidance you can offer. I'd like to keep the device but am not above returning it over this. A lot of my records are seamless.

Appreciate it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back