iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
May 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #556 of 864
  Hi, guys. I'm a new DX90 owner trying to navigate the quirks.

I've updated to the latest firmware, 2.2.0. I did a factory reset after loading the new firmware. I've got gapless enabled, and slow roll-off. My files are Apple Lossless vinyl rips from my collection.

The most maddening thing I've been dealing with is the 2-to-1 second clipping at the end of the tracks — a widely reported issue with the DX90, it seems.

I bought the unit under the impression that this was such an unacceptable aspect of the device that iBasso would have been forced to fix it in a firmware update by now. Is that not the case??

I'll write iBasso about this, but I wonder if anyone can offer a tip or troubleshooting operation that I'm unaware of. Would the clipping be eliminated by loading a previous firmware version? If so, which one is best for this issue?

Many thanks for whatever guidance you can offer. I'd like to keep the device but am not above returning it over this. A lot of my records are seamless.

Appreciate it...

At this time I never get the end of a track clipped on my or my son's DX90.   

I've had my share of difficulties with the DX90...and oddly enough almost all of them were in one way or another solved with trading out storage cards.  What's odd is that often the "problem" card will work fine in any another device, but still causes the DX90 to exhibit the problem (such as scanning problems, cut-outs, etc.).  For this reason I would suggest you try a different card that has been cleanly formatted and see if the problem persists.

Perhaps this is a bug of the DX90, that it is so sensitive and behaves differently with different cards.  Anyway, it's worth a try.  

May 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #557 of 864
I haven't yet loaded a Micro SD card. I'm running music off of the internal memory.

Can this possibly be a device-to-device issue? Should I exchange (or just return) this unit?

For upwards of $400, is it really a crapshoot to see if you get a device that clips the end of songs or one that doesn't?

For those that have experienced this issue — were you able to fix it?

Note that I have the latest firmware installed, gapless enabled, slow -roll-off, etc.

Thx...

May 10, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #558 of 864
  I haven't yet loaded a Micro SD card. I'm running music off of the internal memory.

Can this possibly be a device-to-device issue? Should I exchange (or just return) this unit?

For upwards of $400, is it really a crapshoot to see if you get a device that clips the end of songs or one that doesn't?

For those that have experienced this issue — were you able to fix it?

Note that I have the latest firmware installed, gapless enabled, slow -roll-off, etc.

Thx...

If you have any gapless problems, you can install Rockbox on your DX90. Initially, I wasn't bothered so much by the gaps on stock firmware, but eventually installed Rockbox and haven't looked back because it fixed all the gapless problems.

Check it out ​ 

May 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #559 of 864
I'll try that — thanks for the tip, Uli87!

Can this possibly be a glitch related to playing Apple Lossless files on the DX90? 

Would installing Rockbox fix that? Guess I'll find out!

May 11, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #561 of 864
Thought I would post an update regarding the SanDisk 64GB Extreme card - so up to over 10 hours now with absolutely no issues at all!  Guess the skipping/cutout/dropout issues I was having were indeed the memory card itself.

Cheers,
Tim

May 11, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #562 of 864
  I'll try that — thanks for the tip, Uli87!

Can this possibly be a glitch related to playing Apple Lossless files on the DX90? 

Would installing Rockbox fix that? Guess I'll find out!

All of my files are ALAC. Gapless playback has never worked smoothly for me ever since the early DX50 days. Hence, Rockbox came into picture.

May 11, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #563 of 864
Well, Rockbox fixed the Apple Lossless gapless issue. Many thanks for the tips, guys.

I was a little unnerved after I selected "Rockbox" in the new start screen interface and was totally at sea, but a reboot to the selection screen and a "Mango" click later, everything looks (and functions) as it should. Now I'm thrilled!

May 11, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #564 of 864
  Well, Rockbox fixed the Apple Lossless gapless issue. Many thanks for the tips, guys.

I was a little unnerved after I selected "Rockbox" in the new start screen interface and was totally at sea, but a reboot to the selection screen and a "Mango" click later, everything looks (and functions) as it should. Now I'm thrilled!

Awesome. May the gaps be gone.

May 14, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #565 of 864
Hi, I own the DX90 for about a year or so and recently the following problems are showing up:
1. During use, occasionally the volume will suddenly increase to maximum volume and I cannot stop it regardless of what I pressed. After it reaches maximum volume, it will freeze and I have to reboot it to get it working. Currently I'm using 2.1.8 and it happened once, previously while using 2.1.5 it occurred quite frequently.

2. I understand from most users here their Dx90 last about 6-9hours of play using standard s3 battery. Recently my battery doesn't last more than 3hours of play even though the battery I used are brand new genuine s3 battery. This is happen before and after using 2.1.8. Oh and it gets really really hot.

Are these physical problem with my dx90 or a different firmware would resolve? Anyone have similar problems?

UPDATE:a few days after posting, my dx90 crashed and couldn't turn back on. sent in my dx90 to the service center, gotten a replacement unit last night after weeks of no dap.Firmware is 2.1.5. Please to say most of the issues I had were not evident in this new unit. Battery life is super significantly better, after an hour of play, battery only drop half a bar. The unit is not heating up like before, just a little warm. No more crazy volume increase. Scanning of SD card is very fast and playback is smooth.

May 14, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #566 of 864
UPDATE:a few days after posting, my dx90 crashed and couldn't turn back on. sent in my dx90 to the service center, gotten a replacement unit last night after weeks of no dap.Firmware is 2.1.5. Please to say most of the issues I had were not evident in this new unit. Battery life is super significantly better, after an hour of play, battery only drop half a bar. The unit is not heating up like before, just a little warm. No more crazy volume increase. Scanning of SD card is very fast and playback is smooth.

i'm curious whether your original was less than a year old, and so the replacement was under warranty, or whether ibasso extended itself beyond its warranty limit in this case.

May 16, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #568 of 864
I'm having the same issue trying to export playlists on the DX90 regardless of how many files are in there... it simply reboots and there's nothing in the exported file.  I'm on the latest FW 2.2.0.  very frustrating, especially since it seems no one else has the problem or wants to bother to respond.

May 16, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #569 of 864
I'm having the same issue trying to export playlists on the DX90 regardless of how many files are in there... it simply reboots and there's nothing in the exported file.  I'm on the latest FW 2.2.0.  very frustrating, especially since it seems no one else has the problem or wants to bother to respond.

May 16, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #570 of 864

althought reboot there is a playlist file inside the m3u folder inside internal memory? mine has and i need to go directory mode to click the file to import the playlist file

Users who are viewing this thread

Back