iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #527 of 864
  Still fighting the cut out bug on my son's DX90.  Mine has never done it with the exact same files/tagging.  On his, it happens several times each hour.  Yesterday I reformatted the card with the sd.org official formatting tool (EXFAT) and then reloaded all of the songs....and it still happens. 

No firmwares have helped.  My last idea is the fact that he has a 64 gb Sandisk Ultra while I have a 64 gb Sandisk Extreme....with mine being speed rated slightly faster.  I still wonder if this is the difference but have not wanted to spend the money on a new card.

Per Lurker0, why not just swap cards and see how it goes?

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #528 of 864

Per Lurker0, why not just swap cards and see how it goes?

Agreed that makes sense...but sometimes the problem doesn't happen for days, and other times it occurs regularly.  That's what has made this hard to troubleshoot...every time we think we have it licked it eventually pops up again. 

He would probably need my card for at least a week or more..  Mine has been working well....do I want to tempt fate....hmmm.....

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #529 of 864
  We continue to work on this.

I will report this to our SW team. Does it work for you with less songs?

Less songs also reboot

I dont know exactly how many songs are required for the bug to appear but, as others suggest, its not a lot. Of course this doesnt happens with only a few songs. Im currently creating a playlist which I am exporting periodically. In time I will report how many songs were required to get the reboot.

I really hope that Ibasso solves this, it really hinders a functional playlist support.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #530 of 864
wolfen68,

I was experiencing the cutout/dropout/whatever you want to call it with my 64GB Ultra SanDisk card and like you have commented - it was random when it would occur and appeared to be getting worse with time.  So after increasing levels of frustration with multiple reformats of varying block sizes, reloads of music, reloads of firmware, etc, etc I finally switched back to a 32GB SanDisk card and low and behold have not had a single issue since.  I also ran the H2testw utility and while there were no issues found I seem to recall the read/write speeds being around 15 MB/sec which is well below their advertised "up to 48 MB/sec" rate.  Don't know if that had anything to do with it but I could imagine that a low or slow read/write speed might cause problems if it results in data gaps feeding the CPU and DACs - just a guess though.

I also contacted SanDisk about the issue and obtained an RMA - they replaced the card with a 64GB Extreme but I have not tried the new one out yet.

Comments?

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #531 of 864
  wolfen68,

I was experiencing the cutout/dropout/whatever you want to call it with my 64GB Ultra SanDisk card and like you have commented - it was random when it would occur and appeared to be getting worse with time.  So after increasing levels of frustration with multiple reformats of varying block sizes, reloads of music, reloads of firmware, etc, etc I finally switched back to a 32GB SanDisk card and low and behold have not had a single issue since.  I also ran the H2testw utility and while there were no issues found I seem to recall the read/write speeds being around 15 MB/sec which is well below their advertised "up to 48 MB/sec" rate.  Don't know if that had anything to do with it but I could imagine that a low or slow read/write speed might cause problems if it results in data gaps feeding the CPU and DACs - just a guess though.

I also contacted SanDisk about the issue and obtained an RMA - they replaced the card with a 64GB Extreme but I have not tried the new one out yet.

Comments?

Cheers,
Tim

That is interesting. I would like to know what you find out with the new card.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #532 of 864
Well Paul - since you asked I will give it a try and post my results (it's been a month since they sent me the new card but I haven't had a need to use it - still have space to spare on the 32GB card).

Might be a few days before I get enough listening time on the new card to be statistically meaningful
basshead.gif
!

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #533 of 864
Well - got around to loading up the 64GB Extreme card this afternoon and so far after 2 1/2+ hours of listening not a single issue!  So far, so good.

I will update after I get another 5 - 10 hours of listening in.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #534 of 864
  wolfen68,

Comments?

Cheers,
Tim

Tim, your experience parallels my other theory of what is going on.  Please share what happens if you ever try the new card.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #535 of 864
Well, Ive been testing and I got the playlist/export restart bug with as little as 17 songs in the playlist. Ill try to determine if theres anything special with any of these files. All of them are mp3 in the sd card by the way.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #536 of 864
After much experimenting I found that any combination of 13 or more files in a playlist (created directly in the dx90 or imported) will lead to a bug were the player restarts itself when trying to export said playlist. This happens with all the stock FW including the latest and after a factory reset.

I cannot believe that this has not been reported before. Does this happens to anyone else? Or is my one month old player defective?!

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #537 of 864
wolfen68,

See the post right above your last one - so far I have 2 1/2 hours of listening on the new card with no issues.  Will report again after another 5 - 10 hours on the new card.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #538 of 864
  wolfen68,

See the post right above your last one - so far I have 2 1/2 hours of listening on the new card with no issues.  Will report again after another 5 - 10 hours on the new card.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Tim, I have also traded out cards and so far so good after about 3 hours of use.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #539 of 864
Hi

Anyone has problems with keeping their Cards in the slot? I am having trouble with keeping the memory cards in the slot. There is not click to secure the card in the slot!!

What shall I do?

Appreciate any guidance thanks

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #540 of 864
Hi

Anyone has problems with keeping their Cards in the slot? I am having trouble with keeping the memory cards in the slot. There is not click to secure the card in the slot!!

What shall I do?

Appreciate any guidance thanks

Sounds like a rma job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back