iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #575 of 864
  another sd card? Another brand? another type? what exactly...

Man this bug is horrible at some point it's just 1-2 seconds and some point it's a whole minute intro of the song :frowning2:

I've had both different cards of the same type...and faster versions by the same brand all appear to fix the problem.  So far I've only used sandisk 64 gb cards.  Seriously...just freshly format and try any other card then the one you're using and see if it helps.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #576 of 864
Hi,

I've had my DX90 for about 6 months now.  It has always worked great for me until recently.  For some reason my computer (have tried multiple PCs) will no longer recognize the player which means I am unable to edit the library on my DX90.  Neither the internal storage of the unit itself nor the SD card is recognized by the PC.  The DX90 will charge, but normally when plugged into a computer, the front screen will say "USB Connected" and will not allow playback.  I am currently able to play music from the DX90 while it's plugged into the computer charging.  The DX90's USB setting is set to storage.  

If anyone has had experience with this issue, I would really appreciate any help.  I am tempted to try a factory reset but if these is a less invasive and more reliable fix to the problem I would like to give that a shot first.  Thanks for any help.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #577 of 864
  Hi,

I've had my DX90 for about 6 months now.  It has always worked great for me until recently.  For some reason my computer (have tried multiple PCs) will no longer recognize the player which means I am unable to edit the library on my DX90.  Neither the internal storage of the unit itself nor the SD card is recognized by the PC.  The DX90 will charge, but normally when plugged into a computer, the front screen will say "USB Connected" and will not allow playback.  I am currently able to play music from the DX90 while it's plugged into the computer charging.  The DX90's USB setting is set to storage.  

If anyone has had experience with this issue, I would really appreciate any help.  I am tempted to try a factory reset but if these is a less invasive and more reliable fix to the problem I would like to give that a shot first.  Thanks for any help.

Did you try a factory reset?

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #579 of 864
  I just tried a factory reset but nothing appears different.

If you have a Windows computer or a mac with Windows, you can try the batch tool on the 1st page of the DX90 thread. You use it to reload the FW. I guess you have already reloaded the FW?

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #580 of 864
Hi,

Are you sure it is set to Storage ?

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #581 of 864

If you have a Windows computer or a mac with Windows, you can try the batch tool on the 1st page of the DX90 thread. You use it to reload the FW. I guess you have already reloaded the FW?

I have not tried this yet, but I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

Are you sure it is set to Storage ?

Yes, it is definitely set to Storage.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #582 of 864
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has a resolution. 

When I listen at night, usually after about 30 minutes, the player will completely lock up.  The only thing I can do at that point is to do a hard reboot.  I've tried multiple sdxc cards, hi and lo speeds (which, solved my fade out/fade in problems), Factory resets, re-install of firmwares (Lurker's and Standard). etc. etc.

Is it possibly an issue with exFat?  Should I format to Fat32?

Oh, and as mentioned above, for those with the fade out/fade in problem.  What solved it for me was getting a higher speed sdxc card and following Lurker's instructions regarding copying all files to your computer, formatting the card, and copying them all back so that they aren't fragmented.  Don't know which of those two changes fixed it, but I haven't had that issue for 2 firmware updates now.

Kraig

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #583 of 864
Your problem can be due to huge artworks embedded into tracks.

I use exFAT formatted 128GB microSD since July 2014, listen around 10 hours every working day, and experience almost zero problems. So, exFAT per se causes no problems for sure.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #584 of 864
Thanks Lurker.  Hadn't considered that.  When I get home tonight, I'll hunt down a MediaMonkey addin to work through my artwork.  Should be able to extract, reformat and embed again fairly quickly.

Much appreciated!

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #585 of 864

Jamato8,

Is there any possible chance you could link me to this page?  There are several DX90 threads and unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything regarding a batch tool.  I appreciate your help!

Edit: nevermind, found it!  Tried using the search tool on Head-fi, but that wasn't working.  Tried searching in Google and linked me directly to your post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back