iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #601 of 864
I've just got my iBasso DX90 (few days ago) and I'm no sure whether this may be a firmware bug, rather than an hardware bug. What happens is that I got strange behaviours from the rwd and the ffw phisical front buttons. The ffw one in particular acts really weirdly: sometimes it skips to the next track (as it should), sometimes it skips to the previous one!!!! I would say 4 out of 10 it goes to the previous one instead of going to the next one.
frown.gif

The rwd button instead sometimes goes to the beginning of the track, sometimes it directly goes to the previous track. It's not like any other rwd button which normally goes to the beginning first and then to the previous track on the quick second press.
I'm actually on firmware 2.20. The rwd button acted this way even on the original firmware I received the dx90 with (I mean version 2.15).
Is anyone else experiencing such a problem? Or it's just my terrible luck and I got a faulty unit!?!?

Thanks in advance

Please try and factory reset under the advanced menu setting and see if that helps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #602 of 864
Please try and factory reset under the advanced menu setting and see if that helps.

Hi Paul, thanks for your answer. I've already factory reset several times (before acknowledging the problem a changed the firmware version a couple of times going to 2.30 and then back to 2.20, each time performing a factory reset). I will try it again. Anyway it not a known bug nor a normal faulty behaviour?
Some more info about the problem I discovered while performing other tests: the rwd button seems to be working fine although with a different pattern from what I'm used to. If I press it before 5 seconds from the beginning of the track, it goes to the previous track, if I press it after 5 seconds from the beginning it goes back to second 0 of the current track.
The ffw button instead keeps acting really really weird: I tried to use the dx90 while I was charging it and the problem disappeared. I though maybe I just had a bad dream about it. Then I disconnected the charging cable....and it started to act in the "usual" wrong way, some times going to the next track, some times going to the previous one. :frowning2:
Thus I tried reconnecting the cable and once more it started working as it should. Then, I can tell you that my ffw front button is working correctly only when a charging cable is connected, otherwise it starts going forth and back. :/
No one else experiencing this really weird behaviour!?!?

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #605 of 864
....the rwd button seems to be working fine although with a different pattern from what I'm used to. If I press it before 5 seconds from the beginning of the track, it goes to the previous track, if I press it after 5 seconds from the beginning it goes back to second 0 of the current track.

What happens when you're in "all music" play mode with shuffle engaged?

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #606 of 864
I've got a little bug with firmware v.2.3.0: when the DX90 is already plugged as DAC and I switch it on, the screen remains black (well there is a little difference in black) and I have to switch off and again switch on to see the welcome message.
I reverted to 2.2.0 (because I like the sound) and there is not such a problem.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #607 of 864
  In 2.3.0 using the DAC fonction on an iMac 11,1 (late 2009) with Yosemite, it is realy buggy.
Plugged directly in the USB at the back of the iMac, the DAC is recognized, but as soon as I try to play some music (VLC, VOX, Audirvana+ or Youtube...), I loose the USB connection and bluetooth. And the DX90 is not recognized anymore till I hard reboot the computer.
Plugged via a USB hub or the keyboard, it stays conected, but the music fade-out and fade-in for 1 second every 5-10 or 15 seconds. No matter what source I use: Vox, VLC, Youtube, Audirvana+...

I have made an Apple Hadware Test with no issue, and I even made a clean install of Yosemite yesterday, with no luck.

Last important point, under Win8.1, it works perfectly fine.
As usual, I have made several factory reset on the DX90.

Hello, In addition to my previous post,
http://tinypic.com/r/29vgv84/8

This is the message,I get when I flash a firmware:
Update boot.img...
Check boot.img...
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Bootloader...
Installation complete.

Seems like there is an error?

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #608 of 864
Originally Posted by dpm78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

handle script error! ignore...
  Seems like there is an error?

As it says, just ignore it :) It always happens.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #610 of 864
I've just got my iBasso DX90 (few days ago) and I'm no sure whether this may be a firmware bug, rather than an hardware bug. What happens is that I got strange behaviours from the rwd and the ffw phisical front buttons. The ffw one in particular acts really weirdly: sometimes it skips to the next track (as it should), sometimes it skips to the previous one!!!! I would say 4 out of 10 it goes to the previous one instead of going to the next one.
frown.gif

The rwd button instead sometimes goes to the beginning of the track, sometimes it directly goes to the previous track. It's not like any other rwd button which normally goes to the beginning first and then to the previous track on the quick second press.
I'm actually on firmware 2.20. The rwd button acted this way even on the original firmware I received the dx90 with (I mean version 2.15).
Is anyone else experiencing such a problem? Or it's just my terrible luck and I got a faulty unit!?!?

Thanks in advance

Hi aretheba, i have the same issue with my device. Only the fwd button is affected in my case. After some discussion in this thread it turned out to be a hardware problem. So, unfortunately you have to send it to ibasso for repair/replacement. For myself, i decided to live with it.
Regards,
Rainer

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #611 of 864
  Hi aretheba, i have the same issue with my device. Only the fwd button is affected in my case. After some discussion in this thread it turned out to be a hardware problem. So, unfortunately you have to send it to ibasso for repair/replacement. For myself, i decided to live with it.
Regards,
Rainer

Thanks for your answer.
I've already sent it back!  :wink:

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #612 of 864
Oh no, I started having problems with the bottons too but had thought it was due to a a software - firmware update done just before the strange behaviors started. Guess I'll have to contact iBasso.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #613 of 864
Oh no, I started having problems with the bottons too but had thought it was due to a a software - firmware update done just before the strange behaviors started. Guess I'll have to contact iBasso.

If you are having problems with the buttons working please contact the seller and have them replace the unit for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 6, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #615 of 864
Hi all. Got a minor glitch with my dx90 running fw2.3 - not sure if a bug or (more likely) the files I'm having the issue with.  Most of my music is wav files ripped from my cds -with a few flacs also ripped from recent cd purchases. All those seem to play just fine (including the play screen showing the "two timings"  on lhs/rhs of the horizontal bar and the ability to jumps in the song by pressing that bar. (incidentally - if screen off and locked then the lhs playing timer freezes sometimes and a quick on/off lock is needed to make the lhs timer jumps to correct place in the song. But that's not my issue!!)

My issue is with some music/concert  DVDs I own. Firstly I used DVDdecrypter to extract the audio stream. That wouldn't play on the dx90 so I used vlc to convert to flacformat. Now these play just fine. BUT the playing screen shows 0.00 for both lhs and rhs timers. And oddly you can tap the horizontal bar -which jumps to show the coloured bar moved along - but the music of the concert just plays from the start as if no bar press had occurred. So basically my Cream Live at Royal Albert Hall concert etc has to be played straight through for over an hour with no chance to jumps forward at all.  I'm wondering if/why those concert flack files don't behave like the music cd ripped ones??
Grateful for comments/advice? 
PS I'm not really bothered about trying to rip a concert DVD into individual song tracks(even if that's possible!?) My wonder/need........is just to be able to press that horizontal bar and skip forward a chunk of time for DVD audio rips like I do for cds. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back