iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
May 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #107 of 864

He only uses LAME VBR MP3.

Does it happen on the original FW? It would be interesting to go back to the original FW and see if it happens there. 

May 30, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #108 of 864
Extra note...my son who uses the DX90 way more than me is reporting that on FW 2.05 he is experiencing 2-3 second fadeouts during music playback that is happening several times per hour.

Unfortunately, this is happening to me as well on v2.0.0. I had reverted back to the original FW to compare the differences in SQ again. Did a full wipe and Factory Reset as per the guide/instructions here, and then a full re-scan of course.

I thought that I was in the clear, but about 45 minutes into listening via shuffling all songs, I experienced a Dropout and Fade-in again....and have experienced several more now with further listening...usually about once or twice per hour as well. :frowning2: I'm still experiencing the 2 second cut-offs at the end of every track as well.

I have a mix of ALAC, FLAC, MP3, and .DSF files, though. I know the first dropout was on a 16/44 FLAC, but didn't take note of the others. I *think* one was an MP3, but can't be sure. I will try to be diligent about taking note of which type of file it is when/if it happens in the future. Though I'd much rather not have to worry about it and just enjoy the music. :sad:

Will keep you posted, but I'm looking forward to another FW update (I think) to hopefully fix this and the other issues. I really hope that it is possible to be able to choose the OG Sound Signature and newer SS's via a "switch" in the software. Don't know if it's possible (would probably have to "reboot" at the very least, but it would be an awesome feature that would keep ALL of us happy, IMHO. :wink:

I'll hold out for the 3rd Rev of the FW, but if that doesn't take care of 95% of the current bugs, then sadly, I think I'm done with the DX90. If iBasso can't get it right by the 3rd try then it's, "3 Strikes, You're Out" in my book. Fingers crossed.

May 30, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #110 of 864
Extra note...my son who uses the DX90 way more than me is reporting that on FW 2.05 he is experiencing 2-3 second fadeouts during music playback that is happening several times per hour.

Unfortunately, this is happening to me as well on v2.0.0. I had reverted back to the original FW to compare the differences in SQ again. Did a full wipe and Factory Reset as per the guide/instructions here, and then a full re-scan of course.

I thought that I was in the clear, but about 45 minutes into listening via shuffling all songs, I experienced a Dropout and Fade-in again....and have experienced several more now with further listening...usually about once or twice per hour as well.
frown.gif
I'm still experiencing the 2 second cut-offs at the end of every track as well.

I have a mix of ALAC, FLAC, MP3, and .DSF files, though. I know the first dropout was on a 16/44 FLAC, but didn't take note of the others. I *think* one was an MP3, but can't be sure. I will try to be diligent about taking note of which type of file it is when/if it happens in the future. Though I'd much rather not have to worry about it and just enjoy the music. :sad:

Will keep you posted, but I'm looking forward to another FW update (I think) to hopefully fix this and the other issues. I really hope that it is possible to be able to choose the OG Sound Signature and newer SS's via a "switch" in the software. Don't know if it's possible (would probably have to "reboot" at the very least, but it would be an awesome feature that would keep ALL of us happy, IMHO.
wink.gif

I'll hold out for the 3rd Rev of the FW, but if that doesn't take care of 95% of the current bugs, then sadly, I think I'm done with the DX90. If iBasso can't get it right by the 3rd try then it's, "3 Strikes, You're Out" in my book. Fingers crossed.

The 2 second does not really keep me from enjoying the music. It's not a problem for files that go silent at the end of the track. It's just noticeable on truly gapless albums. I always listen by album and don't do shuffle. So my use case is much simple than yours.

The cut has been a problem since DX50 and I really don't count on them much to fix it. My concern is if they actually fix it something else will break (it happened on DX50) which is equally annoying or worse.

I was and still happy with DX50 since Rockbox was ported to it. Never had any playback problems since. I am just waiting for the same thing on DX90 so I don't have to worry about FW updates anymore.

May 30, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #111 of 864
^ Ahhhh...I keep forgetting about Rockbox! Yes, hopefully it is our saviour if iBasso can't rectify their FW! I really would like to keep this DX90 and enjoy its fabulous SQ. :)

May 30, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #112 of 864
It is very strange how almost all these problems only affect some users, I'm not sure if there is a single problem reported that all users experience

May 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #113 of 864
Also strange that I have a problem no-one else has had. iBasso have said return it, but I've just used it on holiday for a week and sounds so good I'm not sure it's worth hassle returning from UK and risk of Customs etc.

I still get Scan/Browse screen at every start up. Just an irritant to press little cross. Everything else fine, DB file retains all info, 2 second problem gone for me after latest f/w update and it sounds superb.

May 30, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #114 of 864
yeah, very strange indeed. For me it's consistently happening on both DX50 and DX90. What is strange is on v2.0.0 in DX90 it doesn't happen all the time.

May 30, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #115 of 864
Also strange that I have a problem no-one else has had. iBasso have said return it, but I've just used it on holiday for a week and sounds so good I'm not sure it's worth hassle returning from UK and risk of Customs etc.

I still get Scan/Browse screen at every start up. Just an irritant to press little cross. Everything else fine, DB file retains all info, 2 second problem gone for me after latest f/w update and it sounds superb.

I'm guessing the FW update is not really as clean as it should be and the factory reset does not actually delete all files. If only rkbatchtool work on Mac I'll try to use it to completely wipe off the DX90's memory/storage and install 2.0.5 from scratch.

May 30, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #116 of 864
Anyone experience the same problem?

Problem solved. Just needed to remove all tracks no., discs no and album names and everythins is played in order in the Directories view. So, I guess, in this view dx90 does not read files just by title but this is a mix of titles, album names and tracks no. (I don't understand why is that, but it doesn't bother me anymore:)

May 31, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #117 of 864
I just setup VMWare Fusion so I can run my old WinXP vm and use the RKBatchtool instead to write FW to DX90. Just like I suspected, using the tool is a much cleaner way to install firmwares on DX90 (same goes with DX50 I believe). The nagging issue of 2 second cut I always get when listening on gapless albums is somewhat gone. Tried to play the same album several times and it's much smoother and transition is much better.

I even tried on v2.0.0 and I don't get the cut as well.

May 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #118 of 864
  Wolfen68, the way I add songs to my micro SD cards is by inserting the micro SD card in an SD card adapter and then inserting the SD card adapter in a multi card reader, either a standalone one, or the reader on my laptop. My Microsoft Surface also has a micro SD card port, so I could use that if I wished. I then copy songs to the card while it is "offline" from the DX90. That way I can quickly add as many songs as I wish, without having the DX90 do a scan of the card each time a song is added. When I reinsert the card in the DX90, a new scan is automatically initiated. 

Adding songs this way is in my experience much, much faster than trying to add then with the SD card already in the DX90.

depaor...I think you indirectly nailed what my problem has been.  As I have already reported, I have been having all kinds of scan problems with the DX90.  I believe what is happening while I have the DX90 connected is that while I am trying to transfer files it is trying to re-scan the directory.  Since this is very slow on mine and usually hangs up, it is concurrently causing the usb connection to lock up.  I will also remove the card to add any files until the scanning is fixed. 

Thanks for the idea...    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back