iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #121 of 864
HELP!!!

just got a dx90 and my computers won't recognize it. i have it turned on and plug it into
1. a macbook pro
2. a lenovo thinkpad x301 running windows xp
3. a desktop running windows xp

1. i set the usb to dac instead of storage
2.  in every case the dx90 shows it is connected with the usb symbol above the letters "DAC"
3.  in NO case does the computer show the device. 
         a. the apple machine just ignores it entirely
         b. the windows machines show a "new hardware detected" box, ask me for a driver, can't find a driver
         c.  i downloaded the ibasso usb driver for windows xp/7 and ran it.  the device managers now show the mango driver as a separate device
    nonetheless, windows explorer does not show the device
         d. i did some searching online, found a file called USBSTOR for a generic mass storage device. put that file in the windows folder, the system32 folder, AND in the DRVSTOR folder.  rebooted. same thing

any ideas how i can get any of my machines to recognize the dx90?
all help will be greatly appreciated.

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #122 of 864
Try a factory reset on the DX90.

Jun 1, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #123 of 864
Try a factory reset on the DX90.

here's the answer
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-1st-page-to-reformat-and-fw-download-new-fw-available/5880#post_10597338

thanks for the response, though.  god knows how long it would have taken me to figure this out.  head-fi is an amazing community!

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #124 of 864
While still waiting for the next firmware...I'm starting to wonder if I have a dud DX90.  I used my son's DX90 for about 2 hours the other day as he has continued to complain about the mid song cut-outs and fade in I described earlier.  During the enter listening session the device worked perfectly...no problems whatsoever (except of course I can only listen to folders that have been scanned manually via directory view).  I was glad to have a listening session with no obvious problems.

Then, I finished up, turned off the device and plugged it into an OEM Samsung charger of the correct specs.  The unit then begin a cycle of turning itself on and off repetitively by itself.  After 3 cycles I interfered by unplugging the charger and attempted to turn it off with a long push to the power button.  Then unit then turned off.

When turned back on, the left 40% of the screen was black and would not function.  I turned it off, charged normally, and after charged the full screen display returned.

I have seen some weird behavior a couple of times after I plug in to the micro usb port when the power is on...I don't know what that's about.

As of today I've decided that if the next firmware doesn't fix this array of issues...I'm moving on.  I'm sure my son would be happy with a Fiio X5.  I've never given up on a device before...but this unit has more problems than I've ever seen before. 

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #126 of 864
Hi,

this is my first post, so I like to introduce myself.

I am 42 years (not a native english speaking) male and had some mp3 players before and now wanted to step up, so I bought the DX90. I used this forum as a source of information before I bought the DX90 and it helped a lot.

However, I run into the media scanning bug discussed here and in other forums and until now I am not able to find a workaround.

In addition to that there is a strange behaviour whenever the DX90 is turning on and off. The device clicks two times on turning on and turning off and the clicks are very loud. It's like the clicking of a relais or the clicking of an amplifier but I am not aware that this small mp3 player is doing this.

BaTou069 said something about the "clicking" of DX90 in post #44, but there was no reply.

Does someone else have these clicking sounds? Or better, is this behaviour normal? I searched this forum and the web but found no answer to this question.

Thanks

Maik

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #127 of 864
  Hi,

this is my first post, so I like to introduce myself.

I am 42 years (not a native english speaking) male and had some mp3 players before and now wanted to step up, so I bought the DX90. I used this forum as a source of information before I bought the DX90 and it helped a lot.

However, I run into the media scanning bug discussed here and in other forums and until now I am not able to find a workaround.

In addition to that there is a strange behaviour whenever the DX90 is turning on and off. The device clicks two times on turning on and turning off and the clicks are very loud. It's like the clicking of a relais or the clicking of an amplifier but I am not aware that this small mp3 player is doing this.

BaTou069 said something about the "clicking" of DX90 in post #44, but there was no reply.

Does someone else have these clicking sounds? Or better, is this behaviour normal? I searched this forum and the web but found no answer to this question.

Thanks

Maik

Yes this tiny device is doing the same, it's a NEC switch used
smile.gif

Edit : You have to clean your tags or files, I have 64 Gigas of FLAC used in my others dap before and no problem at all, with all albums cover also.

Edit2 : Welcome to headfi
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #128 of 864
Hi Migou67,

thanks for your reply. I am not concerned any more about the clicking.

I cleaned all my tags and only use album, artist, year, track and title as I ran in other problems with dnla equipment before. In addition, all titles have an embedded picture.

Is there something I have to avoid (like size of the picture,...)?

Thank you

Maik

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #129 of 864
@MBo72 I use cover.jpg files, there are not embedded apart for some albums (24/96) and I have a mix of different size resolutions, including larger than 1000. Don't know if this make a difference if they are embedded or not.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #135 of 864
24-bit is displayed as 32-bit for ALAC files. But 16-bit ALAC files is displayed correctly. It's nice if this can fixed, but should be the least of priority among other bugs/concern. I would rather see them fix the cut at the end of the track or work on USB DAC support for MacOSX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back