iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Feb 14, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,411 of 1,489
So it's 6 months since last fw update. I hope they will release a new one soon fo fix those small but annoying bugs not addressed yet.
- Playing order messed up when off an the on
- song counter shows 1/0 when off and then on
- gfx glitch of gain, filter and gapless buttons when pressed
- add arrow top left on My music and Settings screens

I don't know if I missed something.
Thanks.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,412 of 1,489
The new Samsung 256GB memory card works flawlessly and solved all my issues! My old cards were very high quality, properly formatted, etc., but they were slow by modern standards and I think that was why I was having issues specifically with 24/192 FLAC files. The high data rate was too much for the old cards.

With that, my DX80 is the perfect DAP for me!

Thanks again for all the help.

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,413 of 1,489
Hello there, a proud dx80 owner here. I have encounter the some issues after upgrading to new firmware version.

1. The player play random songs although I have selected the "play in order".
(It solved the issue after factory restart and reinstall the new firmware)
2. The player show the volume level even the screen is off last time. But after upgrading the volume level didn't show when the screen off. (The device has already factory restarted n reinstall the new firmware)

Any idea? Thanks.

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,414 of 1,489
I've had my DX80 for almost a year (i ordered it on Amazon on the 4 March 2016 for advanced mp3 players). Now the battery life has plummeted (I only needed to charge it 2 or 3 times a week, now it's every day). About 2 months ago it started refusing the play tracks in the proper track-listed order (irrespective of what play mode it's in). Also sometimes it plays the next track from the middle of the track. Also the battery indicator sometimes displays the incorrect battery life. Today it even stopped playing due to low battery (i tried to turn it on but got only low battery message) only to find when I got home that the player was on (not playing any music but the screen was on showing 1%). Now it was at least an hour between me getting home and the player shutting off due to low battery, and It was in a chest pocket where it's almost impossible to accidentally turn it on.

So in short has anyone else experienced similar problems and should i speak to ibasso or advanced mp3 players about this or both even?

Feb 26, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #1,417 of 1,489
Hi there,

I would strongly recommend contacting advancedmp3players.  I bought my dx80 from them too and they were absolutely brilliant handling my warranty issue, on a new for old basis (i.e. replacement with new dx80), when my player was around 11 months old (just like yours!).  I'm sure they will see you right!

Good luck!

Pete

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,420 of 1,489
  I've had my DX80 for almost a year (i ordered it on Amazon on the 4 March 2016 for advanced mp3 players). Now the battery life has plummeted (I only needed to charge it 2 or 3 times a week, now it's every day). About 2 months ago it started refusing the play tracks in the proper track-listed order (irrespective of what play mode it's in). Also sometimes it plays the next track from the middle of the track. Also the battery indicator sometimes displays the incorrect battery life. Today it even stopped playing due to low battery (i tried to turn it on but got only low battery message) only to find when I got home that the player was on (not playing any music but the screen was on showing 1%). Now it was at least an hour between me getting home and the player shutting off due to low battery, and It was in a chest pocket where it's almost impossible to accidentally turn it on.

So in short has anyone else experienced similar problems and should i speak to ibasso or advanced mp3 players about this or both even?

That would be I
biggrin.gif

I contact iBasso they had me send it back to them and they will fix the battery issue for free because it was under warranty also I had nothing coming out of the opticle/coaxial so that was an issue. also sent my DX50 headphone connection loosen.
It should be back Monday (fingers crossed)
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #1,421 of 1,489
It's worth noting that I have no major issues with the DX80 anymore, all major issues (playback issues) have been completely resolved. Yay! I do have a couple minor issues however. I have four albums in which the album art will not show up in the artist view but WILL show up while a song is playing. I've cleaned all tags, replaced the actual image, done everything I can, but the image will still only show up while music is playing, not while browsing the artist.

A second issue is that I have one album for which the genre shows up as "Rock;Alternative" instead of just "Alternative". I have tried cleaning and completely replacing the tags for that album, multiple tag editing programs simply show the genre as "Alternative" but the DX80 continues to show it as "Rock;Alternative".

Any thoughts on these two issues?

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,423 of 1,489
Guys, what happens to my dx80?? Tonite for first time I heard pops and cracks on 24/96 file, Master of Puppets official metstore download. Right now I'm sitting on my sofa enjoying music, and heard those cracks.

Edit:now I rewind track and no more pops and cracks. What the hell is happening?? Device is 1 year old and haven't had a sinhle problem.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,424 of 1,489
Guys, what happens to my dx80?? Tonite for first time I heard pops and cracks on 24/96 file, Master of Puppets official metstore download. Right now I'm sitting on my sofa enjoying music, and heard those cracks.

Edit:now I rewind track and no more pops and cracks. What the hell is happening?? Device is 1 year old and haven't had a sinhle problem.

What the hell is happening??

calm down, its not as if you found it in bed with your wife!!

It can happen from time to time
Don't worry about it :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,425 of 1,489
now I rewind track and no more pops and cracks. What the hell is happening??
It's a problem not with the device, but with SD-card. Wear leveling sometimes takes longer than the length of the playback buffer, and buffer underrun occures causing these pops. DX80 is much less prone to this problem than DX90, but sometimes it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back