iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Aug 9, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #1,442 of 1,489
Hey, have I missed any new updates on getting rid of the pops/clicks when changing track? Doesn't seem to happen when the song moves naturally to the next, only when I am changing tracks manually.

I am using the most recent firmware.

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,446 of 1,489
paul@ibasso.com Hi there, Paul, I've just bought a DX80 with the v1.6 firmware. So far, I love this piece of kit. However, there are still a few wee glitches. Please can iBasso iron these out:

Firstly, it doesn't like semi-colons. If there is anything in a tag with a semi-colon, the DX80 doesn't recognise anything before the semi, which plays havoc with the database. Eg. "Beethoven: Symphony No. 5; Symphony No. 6" would just show up as "Symphony No. 6". Out of 700 albums, this happens a lot!

Secondly, when going through the album list, if an album has two pieces of cover art, front cover and back cover, the thumbnail always selects the back cover view for some reason, although this hasn't been a problem so far with the main 'now playing' album view.

Thirdly, it's not playing any of my high-res albums. It plays one, but the others show up as 'null'.

Please can you let me know when these can be sorted. Thank you :)

Scot P

Nov 24, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,447 of 1,489
paul@ibasso.com Hi there, Paul, I've just bought a DX80 with the v1.6 firmware. So far, I love this piece of kit. However, there are still a few wee glitches. Please can iBasso iron these out:

Firstly, it doesn't like semi-colons. If there is anything in a tag with a semi-colon, the DX80 doesn't recognise anything before the semi, which plays havoc with the database. Eg. "Beethoven: Symphony No. 5; Symphony No. 6" would just show up as "Symphony No. 6". Out of 700 albums, this happens a lot!

Secondly, when going through the album list, if an album has two pieces of cover art, front cover and back cover, the thumbnail always selects the back cover view for some reason, although this hasn't been a problem so far with the main 'now playing' album view.

Thirdly, it's not playing any of my high-res albums. It plays one, but the others show up as 'null'.

Please can you let me know when these can be sorted. Thank you :)

Scot P

1st: Artist / Album / Tracks - Keep it simple!

2nd - Download and use - mp3tag : www.mp3tag,de/en/
you will need to make sure all your albums are tagged correctly with the latest ID3v2.4 and/or tagg them in such a way as makes sense for you and the DX80
Sometimes you have to adapt rather than making the device adapt
If an album comes up as (null) the tagging is either non existent OR you need to re apply it
3rd - when you say 'Hi Res' - what codecs / formats are you using? The term Hi Res can mean many things
Also, when ever you add new files you must run 'Scan SD Card 'x' so the device can then see what you have added

You could still play newly added files without doing this but you need to manually go its location on the card instead and then when you play
the device will update the album

Try that wee man :wink:

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #1,448 of 1,489
Hello, I have got a Ibasso dx80 for 2 years now and I am running the v1.6.0 firmware.

Recently I have got some issues to start up my Ibasso. When it is not plugged to the charger, it starts, make a strange sound, I see the screen displaying the Ibasso logo and then it shuts down with the same strange sound...

If I start it and quickly plug my charger when I see the logo, it does start correctly. Also, whenever it is started, I can unplug it and it work fine.

I first thought of a battery malfunction but once it is started, it is displayed 40% of battery...

Do you have any suggestion ? should I switch back to a previous firmware version ?

Thanks a lot

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #1,449 of 1,489
Hi all,

I recently purchased a DX80 which came with f/w 1.3.3 loaded. I upgraded to 1.6.0.
I noticed the pop/thud when skipping tracks like some others on this thread.
It doesn't happen all the time but pretty often, and it is audible thru my headphones as well as through the DSP in my car (when I use the optical output of the DX80), so it must be getting introduced before the DAC section.
It's really objectionable in the car due to my subwoofer, and the car is going to be the DX80's main use.

I contacted Paul and he recommended performing a factory reset - which I did but it didn't help.
I have also tried gapless and both fast and slow rolloff. Nothing so far has eliminated the thumps.

Does anyone have a working recipe to remove the skipping track "thump"?

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #1,450 of 1,489
Hi all. My DX80 got a flickering screen issue that is only stopped when tapping on the album art. I got into this since upgrading firmware to 1.6.0. Did anyone face this problem before?
I attach here the video of the bug, could someone please kindly look at it?

Thank you in advance!

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,451 of 1,489
v1.6.0
200GB and 128GB microSD cards

Frequently when playing hi-res files the progress bar will skip to the end and show :01/00 or show that the track is finished even though it is still playing. The track counter also seems to have an issue and will report 1/0 or 0/0 when playing hi-res. The player plays the music just fine but these are two fairly major bugs. It would be my assumption that the large file size is causing undue burden on the available RAM? Also, the player seems to have issues with tags that Foobar, my dad's FiiO X5, and JRiver all read fine.

Not sure if there is any hope of a fix? Has iBasso dropped development?

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #1,453 of 1,489
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,454 of 1,489
v1.6.0

Frequently when playing hi-res files the progress bar will skip to the end and show :01/00 or show that the track is finished even though it is still playing. The track counter also seems to have an issue and will report 1/0 or 0/0 when playing hi-res. The player plays the music just fine but these are two fairly major bugs. It would be my assumption that the large file size is causing undue burden on the available RAM? Also, the player seems to have issues with tags that Foobar, my dad's FiiO X5, and JRiver all read fine.

Have you tried a factory reset? I have also given this information to our software team.

Last edited:

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,455 of 1,489
v1.6.0

We are still working with the DX80 FW. If you have a couple of songs that cause this problem could you please upload them to WeTransfer and send me the link to paul@ibasso.com? I will have our guys work on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back