iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 6, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #211 of 1,489
  It's only giving me the format option exFAT. Does the allocation size matter?

You will need to format to card to FAT32 for this update.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #215 of 1,489

Put the card with the update.img into the second slot, and leave the first slot empty.

That worked - the update installed. At least I think so. Now I cannot swipe to the left to get to settings and do the factory reset. The screen is unresponsive

It happened for a few people. Also it happened to me when I was upgradig from 1.0.0 to 1.1.2... I heard no an unsuccessful story, so don't panic :)

When it happened to me, I tried to re-flash the firmware several times via Recovery (turn off, push and hold Vol+, then turn on), to no avail. Then I put it to a charger, and in half an hour I turned it on, and it worked. For some people flashing several times helped alone. Anyway, it's a good idea to have the player charged before flashing...

In recovery, use Vol+ and Vol- to navigate through menu, Power to choose. When you flash firmware via recovery, it does the factory reset at the same time, and then reboots.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #217 of 1,489
  touch screen completely unresponsive - volume buttons work. Not sure what to do from here

Turn the DX80 off with the power button. You can also do a forced shutdown by holding the power button down until the DX80 turn off. Have the card with the .img file on it in the second slot. Push the power button and the volume + at the same time and hold this until the recovery screen comes on. With the recovery screen you will be able to navigate to "apply update from SDcard". Us the - volume button to move down to this. Then use the power button to activate the update. You can use this same method to use the factory reset.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #218 of 1,489

Turn the DX80 off with the power button. You can also do a forced shutdown by holding the power button down until the DX80 turn off. Have the card with the .img file on it in the second slot. Push the power button and the volume + at the same time and hold this until the recovery screen comes on. With the recovery screen you will be able to navigate to "apply update from SDcard". Us the - volume button to move down to this. Then use the power button to activate the update. You can use this same method to use the factory reset.

Nope - does not work. Getting the same error messages. Card is FAT32. IMG file is on it. 
Why is the screen frozen??? Can't swipe to settings. I have no idea if the FW update installed or not. 
This is ridiculous. This DAP is about to be returned. 

Update: reboots to Languages screen and screen is nonresponsive. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #219 of 1,489
  Nope - does not work. Getting the same error messages. Card is FAT32. IMG file is on it. 
Why is the screen frozen??? Can't swipe to settings. I have no idea if the FW update installed or not. 

I am sorry for the problems you are encountering. We will have a batch tool on our website tomorrow with instructions. The batch tool is used with a PC computer. It loads and reformats the DX80 and overrides any problems. It is the same tool we use here.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #222 of 1,489
  Hello everybody, just trying to update to the latest firmware. I've tried the procedure several times but always aborts. The UI says: Can not found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted.
I have a sd card formatted in exfat in which there is only the .img file. I have followed the instruction scrupulously without success. Tried 5-6 times, even downloaded the firmware twice. I am on a Macbook machine.
Any suggestion?

Did you insert the card into slot #2?  That's where it needs to go.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #223 of 1,489

When I first updated I had that problem and the hiss. I got the update to work after reinstalling the same firmware many times and after the last it just started working. I returned the unit for the hissing problem though.

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #224 of 1,489
My dx80 has arrive today, with firmware 1.0 some of bugs are :
- error displaying music info which is sometime displaying correct info while manually select next track (shuffle mode)

- can't change card when it's on, rescan library from menu doesn't work

- pixelate album art

- doesn't play a song until the end

- some 'tic-tic' sound while turning it on and off once while on twice while turning off

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #225 of 1,489
My dx80 has arrive today, with firmware 1.0 some of bugs are :
- error displaying music info which is sometime displaying correct info while manually select next track (shuffle mode)

- can't change card when it's on, rescan library from menu doesn't work

- pixelate album art

- doesn't play a song until the end

- some 'tic-tic' sound while turning it on and off once while on twice while turning off

Please update to v1.1.4. Many of the bugs mentioned have been resolved.

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back