iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #242 of 1,489
  Hi Paul - Can you list the link to this tool? I cannot locate it on the iBasso website. 

It will be on our download section. We are getting the instructions for installing it on a PC finished up.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #245 of 1,489
Hi Paul,

I'm new member here, and excited owner of DX80 (migrate from other portable DAP :D)

Just found out several bugs on your FW 1.1.4, among others:

The battery indicator is inaccurate: when its plug to the power source it stated 100% and completed, but when I unplugged it the indicator suddenly drop to 95%.

Wrong music info: I made switch from one song to another, suddenly the music I listened to is different from what the DX80 stated.

Rescan library: When I re-scan the library (Card slot 2) (card slot 1 empty) some of the old music and folder from my old sd-card info is still there and when I try to play it, there's no response (the info still there but the file already gone).

That's the major bug that I found out so far, hopefully you could fix it in the future update. Any info when the update will be distribute? 

edited:

Adding several bug:

Lost album art: some of my album art are lost. Jpeg format. Need to search it online again, hopefully after reapply will help.

random order: Some of my album randomly not in order.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #246 of 1,489
not too sure if anyone also facing this problem.. it seems like the gapless is not functioning with a "live" concert recording which i have ripout in WAV format. 

firmware version: v1.14

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #247 of 1,489
Very loud, popping sound happened twice to me today. EXTREMELY loud, might lead to broken headphones and damaged hearing. This must be addressed by IBasso as The First priority.
I had that issue when using a certain SDXC micro sd card. I dont get it anymore after using other cards but I agree it it could damage hearing or headphones.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #248 of 1,489
  not too sure if anyone also facing this problem.. it seems like the gapless is not functioning with a "live" concert recording which i have ripout in WAV format. 

firmware version: v1.14

Though I have PCM records in flacs, not wavs, I've faced zero problems with gaplsess so far. Did you check e.g. on a PC that your rip can be played gapless? Did you try to compress it into flac?

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #249 of 1,489
okay maybe I'm just too tired to test my dx80 yesterday night but I sure that pop noise getting lower (if it's not really gone cmiiw) with the use a headset [ety mc3] spinning the jack during playing song or changing track does nothing... 

and with my others can pop noise also come out but not too loud enough except for first time pressing play button --> maybe my volume hearing isn't loud enough, I can hear at 30 with small impedance cans and 50-60 volume with oversize cans

my other experience is the line out sometimes looks like hiccup or paused 1-2 second when playing music, but its rarely happen

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #250 of 1,489
  Hi Paul,

I'm new member here, and excited owner of DX80 (migrate from other portable DAP :D)

Just found out several bugs on your FW 1.1.4, among others:

The battery indicator is inaccurate: when its plug to the power source it stated 100% and completed, but when I unplugged it the indicator suddenly drop to 95%.

Wrong music info: I made switch from one song to another, suddenly the music I listened to is different from what the DX80 stated.

Rescan library: When I re-scan the library (Card slot 2) (card slot 1 empty) some of the old music and folder from my old sd-card info is still there and when I try to play it, there's no response (the info still there but the file already gone).

That's the major bug that I found out so far, hopefully you could fix it in the future update. Any info when the update will be distribute? 

edited:

Adding several bug:

Lost album art: some of my album art are lost. Jpeg format. Need to search it online again, hopefully after reapply will help.

random order: Some of my album randomly not in order.

Please download and update with FW 1.1.4 gain. Also once you have done this please do a factory reset in the advanced menu and see if this helps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 11, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #251 of 1,489
Yeah, I spoke prematurely.  No sooner did I post that, the next album I listened to did it to me.  It stopped exactly 3 secs from the end. Oh, well...maybe the next firmware update will address the issue.  Is it happening to others,as well as me? 

This is happening with mine (fw 1.1.4), However it also happens at random during albums (0-3 times per album), very very annoying when the song you were listening to cuts before the fade out has completed and jumps to the next track. I imagine that it probably happens even more frequently than that but many of my tracks have enough dead air at the ends that it would go unnoticed.

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #252 of 1,489
how to test spdif out and the usb reader function from dx80? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #253 of 1,489
This is happening with mine (fw 1.1.4), However it also happens at random during albums (0-3 times per album), very very annoying when the song you were listening to cuts before the fade out has completed and jumps to the next track. I imagine that it probably happens even more frequently than that but many of my tracks have enough dead air at the ends that it would go unnoticed.

I'm sure that this bug will be worked out in a future firmware update.  But I do agree with you......it is annoying.  That being said, I love this machine. I also have the iBasso DX90 and the FiiO X5.  I've always liked the sound of the DX90 over the X5, but the short battery life was much more annoying than the file cut-off we're experiencing now with the DX80.  It's just a mater of time for this fix to come along. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back