iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 16, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #271 of 1,489
I have re-formatted the card, exfat with default cluster size.
played some FLACs seems fine, then jump to MP3s, those are just 128k 192k mp3,
heard some skipping.... and sparking~~~~~ 
confused_face.gif

maybe I will try load back to firmware 1.1.2 see what happen.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #272 of 1,489
That's weird , mine just skipped play from 00:00 but randomly play at middle of song's track must be from card with folder structure

@paul please concern about these bugs :
1. Problem reading micro SD which sometimes cause the unit freeze and I has to hard reset it

2. Can't read otg function with usb settings set to reader

3. Hiccup or relay or paused for 1-2 second while using line out

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #273 of 1,489
  I have re-formatted the card, exfat with default cluster size.
played some FLACs seems fine, then jump to MP3s, those are just 128k 192k mp3,
heard some skipping.... and sparking~~~~~ 
confused_face.gif

maybe I will try load back to firmware 1.1.2 see what happen.

I believe this has to do with some of the newer cards. I have passed this on to our software team.

That's weird , mine just skipped play from 00:00 but randomly play at middle of song's track must be from card with folder structure

@paul please concern about these bugs :
1. Problem reading micro SD which sometimes cause the unit freeze and I has to hard reset it

2. Can't read otg function with usb settings set to reader

3. Hiccup or relay or paused for 1-2 second while using line out

I am not sure what you mean by #3. You get pausing when using the line out? I have passed your information to our software team also.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #274 of 1,489
I believe this has to do with some of the newer cards. I have passed this on to our software team.

I am not sure what you mean by #3. You get pausing when using the line out? I have passed your information to our software team also.

Yes pausing for a second while using ampifier through line out, look like it's internal ram got flooded

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #275 of 1,489
Yes pausing for a second while using ampifier through line out, look like it's internal ram got flooded

This and the information on my post above will be fixed by firmware. We will have a new FW very soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #276 of 1,489

I'm still have some strange issues using Line Out.

When I connect the DX80 to my hifi, and choose the input selector on my preamp, for a second I get full output (1.2vrms? I remember reading it's not 2v?) but then it drops way down.

It might be the relay doing something? Especially if it is only outputting 1.2v maybe that is why the sound is so low on my rig (which uses an LDR pre).

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #277 of 1,489
i've been having alot of the bugs and stuff mentioned on the original firmware, but now when i try to update to 1.1.4 on an exFAT formatted 64 gb card it keeps saying that the update has failed, any idea why?

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #279 of 1,489

Some of the newer SDXC will do this. We are working on a fix for this problem in a FW update.

I'm on the latest SDXC, & also experienced track skipping & sparking / pop sound.  Hope the next FW will come soon & fix all these.

Edit : to be more specific, the card I'm using is Transcend Ultimate 633x 64GB UHS-3 class-10.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #281 of 1,489

Those are the cards I am using.
only the old 512MB card work properly now.

In 512MB and 32GB cards are FAT32 formatted, 64GB is exfat formatted.

Hope that you can get the stable firmware before christmas, so we can enjoy DX80 during the holiday.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #282 of 1,489
Regarding issues to be addressed in the next update.
My player will cut short the last track in an album folder whilst playing in gapless by a few seconds.if you play the last track again it plays to the end without any problem.If gapless is off track plays normally

A couple of albums artwork will not display.These albums have artwork supplied and were purchased from HD Tracks.
I have rescanned and redownloaded and factory reset but still no dispay.I have been able to add artwork to ripped flac albums without any problem but again not to the HD Tracks albums
The player has the latest update
I would say that I am very pleased with the DX80 and the artwork issue is minor however the cutting the last few seconds of a track off needs to be addressed

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #283 of 1,489
Hi,

What is the normal charging time from 0% to 100%? I have used external charger with output 2.0A and it would take 9 hours to charge the battere from 0% to 100%. I think its too long.. but i don't know whether it is normal or not. Please advise.

Thanks.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #284 of 1,489
  Hi,

What is the normal charging time from 0% to 100%? I have used external charger with output 2.0A and it would take 9 hours to charge the battere from 0% to 100%. I think its too long.. but i don't know whether it is normal or not. Please advise.

Thanks.

You will also need a usb cable which capable to pass 2A current.
Some old cable will also can only pass 500mAh even your charger has 2A output.
By calculation, your cable is just passing 400~500mAh.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #285 of 1,489

You will also need a usb cable which capable to pass 2A current.
Some old cable will also can only pass 500mAh even your charger has 2A output.
By calculation, your cable is just passing 400~500mAh.

This is absolutely true as I've recently tested different USB cables. 

I use some decent USB cables now made by Remax here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back