iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 17, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #286 of 1,489
I'm still have some strange issues using Line Out.

When I connect the DX80 to my hifi, and choose the input selector on my preamp, for a second I get full output (1.2vrms? I remember reading it's not 2v?) but then it drops way down.

It might be the relay doing something? Especially if it is only outputting 1.2v maybe that is why the sound is so low on my rig (which uses an LDR pre).

Did you hear some hiccups or the song paused for 1-2 second while using line out?

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #288 of 1,489

I'm still have some strange issues using Line Out.

When I connect the DX80 to my hifi, and choose the input selector on my preamp, for a second I get full output (1.2vrms? I remember reading it's not 2v?) but then it drops way down.

It might be the relay doing something? Especially if it is only outputting 1.2v maybe that is why the sound is so low on my rig (which uses an LDR pre).

This will be fixed in our next FW update.
  i've been having alot of the bugs and stuff mentioned on the original firmware, but now when i try to update to 1.1.4 on an exFAT formatted 64 gb card it keeps saying that the update has failed, any idea why?

The card for this update needs to be FAT formatted.

I'm on the latest SDXC, & also experienced track skipping & sparking / pop sound.  Hope the next FW will come soon & fix all these.

Edit : to be more specific, the card I'm using is Transcend Ultimate 633x 64GB UHS-3 class-10.

This will be fixed with a FW update.

Those are the cards I am using.
only the old 512MB card work properly now.

In 512MB and 32GB cards are FAT32 formatted, 64GB is exfat formatted.

Hope that you can get the stable firmware before christmas, so we can enjoy DX80 during the holiday.

We are working on the problem now.

Hi,

What is the normal charging time from 0% to 100%? I have used external charger with output 2.0A and it would take 9 hours to charge the battere from 0% to 100%. I think its too long.. but i don't know whether it is normal or not. Please advise.

Thanks.

Around 4 hours. Please check your USB cable.

tested with old 1.1.2, also skipping and sparking...
serious reading problem with certain SDHC SDXC cards..

Yes this is being worked on for a FW update.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #289 of 1,489
Hello Paul,
any chance that in the new FW there will be an option to lock the player? The previous series had it and it was really really helpful. It's pretty annoying when track or volume changes because of inadvertent pressure. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #290 of 1,489
  Hello Paul,
any chance that in the new FW there will be an option to lock the player? The previous series had it and it was really really helpful. It's pretty annoying when track or volume changes because of inadvertent pressure. 

We are working on it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #292 of 1,489
I really like the DX80. From a Sound perspective, from a UI perspective and all in general. So its a great Product that iBasso once again released. I just would wish they could
implement the option to sort by "Album Artist" instead of just Artist. Maybe there could be an option in the menu, where you can switch between artist and album artist. that would
make a lot of people really happy.

Is there any chance you guys can implement that, Paul? For some people this is even a selling point. Just saying.

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #293 of 1,489
Hi Paul,

When I use as a USB-DAC it will auto power off after a certain time set by the 'Auto Power Off' in the Power Management even when it was playing through the computer. However, when I use it as player by itself I don't encounter this while playing.

At the moment I have to disable the auto power off every time I use it as a USB-DAC mode.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #294 of 1,489
  Hi Paul,

When I use as a USB-DAC it will auto power off after a certain time set by the 'Auto Power Off' in the Power Management even when it was playing through the computer. However, when I use it as player by itself I don't encounter this while playing.

At the moment I have to disable the auto power off every time I use it as a USB-DAC mode.

This is being corrected in an upcoming FW.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #295 of 1,489
Hello, I just bought an Ibasso DX 80. Very very happy with the sound BUT...I don't know if it has been already reported in the previous pages:

When I plug my Ibasso to my PC with the usb cable, the PC can read the microcard ("CARD Reader" on the player screen) but not the player memory, despite the fact that the PC shows a disc symbol saying that I plugged the player, he can't read what's inside, saying that a disc must be plugged....

I tried on a mac, same problem...he reads the microcard but can't find the player disc... 

I already tried a reset factory but it did not work yet...

(The player runs with the lattest firmware)

Can someone help me? 

Thank you very much.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #296 of 1,489
Hello, I just bought an Ibasso DX 80. Very very happy with the sound BUT...I don't know if it has been already reported in the previous pages:

When I plug my Ibasso to my PC with the usb cable, the PC can read the microcard ("CARD Reader" on the player screen) but not the player memory, despite the fact that the PC shows a disc symbol saying that I plugged the player, he can't read what's inside, saying that a disc must be plugged....

I tried on a mac, same problem...he reads the microcard but can't find the player disc... 

I already tried a reset factory but it did not work yet...

(The player runs with the lattest firmware)

Can someone help me? 

Thank you very much.

Can you please try a different USB cable?

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #297 of 1,489
Hello H20Fidelity,

Thank you for your answer.

I just tried to change the cable but it doesn't work... It's not a cable issue because plugging another dap with the cable, it works.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #298 of 1,489
Ibasso just answered me and said that the dx80 does not have any memory inside the player.

So in this case, how are firmware updates possible?

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #299 of 1,489
Ibasso just answered me and said that the dx80 does not have any memory inside the player.

So in this case, how are firmware updates possible?

Haha, ok, now I understand.

To update the firmware you use a micro sd card in slot 2, the card needs to be FAT32 format.

Transfer the firmware to the card. 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #300 of 1,489
So, is it true that there's no need to use the player as disc? There's no disc inside?

Sorry for these stupid questions... I was so sure that the Ibasso dx80 had an inside memory... Thank you H20Fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back