iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #227 of 1,489
Okay mine has been updated to 1.14 but the album art is still pixelate what are the recommended album art size?
I can hear a pop noise but weird sometime it's appear on both left and right of my cans sometime it's only on one side and sometimes it's gone....

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #228 of 1,489
Hi, i have just bought dx80 yesterday after owning DX90. I have updated the firmware to V1.1.4. My problem is everytime i scan my sdcard, it will stuck at 2%. My sdcard is 128GB with xFAT. The same sdcard has been used by DX90 and working fine in rescanning the library.

So do i need to change the format from xFAT to FAT32 or should I wait for another firmware updates? If i should reformat, what app can I use using Windows 7. Thanks,

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #229 of 1,489
  Hi, i have just bought dx80 yesterday after owning DX90. I have updated the firmware to V1.1.4. My problem is everytime i scan my sdcard, it will stuck at 2%. My sdcard is 128GB with xFAT. The same sdcard has been used by DX90 and working fine in rescanning the library.

So do i need to change the format from xFAT to FAT32 or should I wait for another firmware updates? If i should reformat, what app can I use using Windows 7. Thanks,

I had a problem like this after updating.

Can you try connecting the DX80 to your computer and deleting the .audio_data folder DX80 builds on the card. Then attempt a rescan, I cannot promise it will work but mine was locking up scanning after an  update once, this fixed it.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #230 of 1,489

exFAT is supported but won't have any performance benefit and I think you don't have any music files larger than 4GB,
so FAT32 is enough.
To format, just right your card in Windows then click format.

So said if album art file larger than 1MB will got problem.
try move the large graphic file away and try.
Hope iBasso can fix it later.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #231 of 1,489

I had a problem like this after updating.

Can you try connecting the DX80 to your computer and deleting the .audio_data folder DX80 builds on the card. Then attempt a rescan, I cannot promise it will work but mine was locking up scanning after an  update once, this fixed it.

Ok, I tried it but doesn't work with me. Still stuck at 2% on slot SDCard 1. 

exFAT is supported but won't have any performance benefit and I think you don't have any music files larger than 4GB,
so FAT32 is enough.
To format, just right your card in Windows then click format.

So said if album art file larger than 1MB will got problem.
try move the large graphic file away and try.
Hope iBasso can fix it later.

Maybe I will try reformat from exFat to FAT32.. I will use 3rd party apps, since I read it somewhere that windows only format up to 32GB only. Hopefully, Ibasso will solve this ASAP..

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #233 of 1,489

Ok, I tried it but doesn't work with me. Still stuck at 2% on slot SDCard 1. 

Maybe I will try reformat from exFat to FAT32.. I will use 3rd party apps, since I read it somewhere that windows only format up to 32GB only. Hopefully, Ibasso will solve this ASAP..

exFat is working fine on 1.1.4. Did you try a scan from the advanced menu?

Very loud, popping sound happened twice to me today. EXTREMELY loud, might lead to broken headphones and damaged hearing. This must be addressed by IBasso as The First priority.

When does this loud pop occur? Are you using the headphone out or digital out?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #236 of 1,489
  Using headphone out -> IEMs. (Low gain. Gapless, Slow Roll-of) 

Please have your seller replace the unit if you just got it. There should be no loud pop.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #237 of 1,489
  Yes, I'm scanning from the advance menu and picked the sdcard to be scan manually and still stuck at 2%. Now after I changed my sdcard to FAT32, the scan works 100%. I think there still a bug in 1.1.4 for exFat.

That is odd. I am glad it is working for you but we have tried exFat in cards up to 200gb and it works well. I will look into this more.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #238 of 1,489

I am sorry for the problems you are encountering. We will have a batch tool on our website tomorrow with instructions. The batch tool is used with a PC computer. It loads and reformats the DX80 and overrides any problems. It is the same tool we use here.

Hi Paul - Can you list the link to this tool? I cannot locate it on the iBasso website. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #239 of 1,489
Funny, last night my testing was: insert empty 2gb card into first slot an use dx80 with laptop to entry song (mostly wav and flac) then use my etymotic mc3 to test amazingly the thump noise doesn't appear too much, there's no pop noise between song change but some noise like radio noise or when you connect your cans into your smartphone (rf noise?) is that because of microphone on my iem?

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #240 of 1,489
Funny, last night my testing was: insert empty 2gb card into first slot an use dx80 with laptop to entry song (mostly wav and flac) then use my etymotic mc3 to test amazingly the thump noise doesn't appear too much, there's no pop noise between song change but some noise like radio noise or when you connect your cans into your smartphone (rf noise?) is that because of microphone on my iem?

Does the "radio noise" change when you move the headphone cable around or spin the jack in the socket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back