iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 2, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #181 of 1,489
  I guess this(Pop Noise while track moving to next one) is issue for all Dx80 user who use external DAC with Dx80. I know 3 guys who use Dx80 with external DAC system and they are using Dx80 Digital out (SPDIF or Digital Coaxial out). Unfortunately, they have same issue.
Hope it will be fixed next FW if it is not. My case, I am listening music in my car very loudly , so POP Nosie is very annoying (it has along with sound volume)

With Gapless On, the Pop noise between track will gone,
you can try this as temporary solution.

I plug to headphone directly, pop noise not loud but audible.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #182 of 1,489
  I use the 200gb card formatted as it came without issue on 1.1.4. It is almost full except for a couple of gbs. 

Than what's the matter with my dx80? Why it won't update the firmware? I've have had a dx90 for now more than a year and never had such a problem. and the sd card is otherwise working flawlessly.
I'm really considering returning back to my dx90. SQ is slightly better with dx80, but firmware has bugs I never experienced with the dx90.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #183 of 1,489

Than what's the matter with my dx80? Why it won't update the firmware? I've have had a dx90 for now more than a year and never had such a problem. and the sd card is otherwise working flawlessly.
I'm really considering returning back to my dx90. SQ is slightly better with dx80, but firmware has bugs I never experienced with the dx90.

do you have two cards inserted ?
try copy update.img to both cards.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #184 of 1,489
Hey guys.

I had trouble updating, but through various combinations of SD cards / slots used, and a couple of retries later it worked.

However, issues I didn't have before have surfaced.

Album art is not displayed correctly and is pixelated.
Also, music that doesn't have album art gets a pixelated random cover and this particular cover is used for all the songs without art.
Can't change it. Factory reset, rescan, same issue (even the same not jiving album art).
Tried to download and update fw again, no success.
I do have my 128 gb almost full, with many types of music files and a very large quantity.

Perhaps I need to try reducing the number of songs and see what happens.
Or try getting proper album info online for all the songs and recopy and rescan.

Is anyone still experiencing these bugs after the FW update?

Great sq and quite happy with DX80 otherwise.

Thanks

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #185 of 1,489
After several trials it worked fine, so problem solved for me, today the new firmware installed with no problem using a 128gb card formatted in FAT32. Did a factory reset and then launched the update. Same procedure had aborted yesterday several times, now it has succeeded. Mysteries.... but happy end.

Is there any update concerning the possible introduction via new firmware update of the lock function? It's very unpleasant when music stops or track changes only because something accidentally hits the DAP that is in my pocket or elsewhere while travelling.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #186 of 1,489

No, for the update you need to use a 64gb or smaller formatted to FAT32 until you have updated to 1.1.4 and then you can use larger cards. I always use the same 8gb card to update with all of my daps and it just makes it easy. 

I see you got it done. So you did it with a 128. I thought a 64 or smaller had to be used. Well, I will still keep using my 8gb for simplicity. :^) On SQ, I find quite a bit of difference. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #187 of 1,489
Hey guys.

I had trouble updating, but through various combinations of SD cards / slots used, and a couple of retries later it worked.

However, issues I didn't have before have surfaced.

Album art is not displayed correctly and is pixelated.
Also, music that doesn't have album art gets a pixelated random cover and this particular cover is used for all the songs without art.
Can't change it. Factory reset, rescan, same issue (even the same not jiving album art).
Tried to download and update fw again, no success.
I do have my 128 gb almost full, with many types of music files and a very large quantity.

Perhaps I need to try reducing the number of songs and see what happens.
Or try getting proper album info online for all the songs and recopy and rescan.

Is anyone still experiencing these bugs after the FW update?

Great sq and quite happy with DX80 otherwise.

Thanks

I get all my album are from the web in the right size and have no pixilating on a few thousand albums. 

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #190 of 1,489
Hi Scottes7,

I'm totally lost on the playlist import.  Would you mind giving me some advice starting with basics.

I assume: (a) the music files to be imported (i.e. placed on the SD card) are on my Notebook's hard drive, (b) the .m3u file can be exported from iTunes, and (c) the .m3u text needs to change '/' to '\', and an addition to the beginning of each file's path needs to be inserted (which I don't understand).

But my problem blocks me from even getting that far.

With the SD card in the DX80, I navigate Directory > SD card 1 > press 'playlist_from_iTunes.m3u' > Import Playlist > Yes.  

Regardless of when in that sequence I connect the USB cable to the Notebook so that the files can move (copy) onto the SD card that's in the DX80, the screen changes to "Card Reader".  No further navigation is possible, and no files have been copied.  So that's the end of the game for me.

My intuition is that I have a fundamental misunderstanding, and that I am totally lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
TonalMapping
South Florida

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #191 of 1,489
PM sent. If that helps then I'll paste the instructions to the forum.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #192 of 1,489
  Found the problem why my 128gb card wasn't completly scanned.
It was caused by one album art jpg.
After the file was deleted full scan of sd card worked.
I posted the file to ibasso for fixing the fw .

Album art again... 
cool.gif

Is DX80 particularly "sensitive" to album art?

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #193 of 1,489

Album art again... 
cool.gif

Is DX80 particularly "sensitive" to album art?

Some art not much. We have our software team working on it but the problems are few and far between.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #194 of 1,489
I have no issues scanning, but many songs with album art do not display the art on the DX80. Would you like me to send some for testing?

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #195 of 1,489
Well I may have found the issue I'm having with album art...

I went through the DX80 in random mode and stopped every time I saw the default album art. I went to my PC and checked the song's artwork. I then checked the next song on the DX80 that did display, and went to my PC and checked the artwork.

All artwork that displayed on the DX80 was JPG.
All artwork that did not display on the DX80 - except one - was PNG. The remaining one that didn't display was a GIF that was named as a PNG.
Also note that all PNGs were larger than 1.2 MB, and all JPGs were less then 200KB.
So the issue may be related to filesize... But with that renamed GIF I'm suspecting that the DX80 can't display PNGs.

@Paul - iBasso, can you confirm whether the DX80 will display PNG or not? Or if the issue may be related to filesize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back