iBasso DX50 MODS
Jan 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #122 of 378
geesh... like I told - high ripple current spec doesn`t make it certainly better. Stop seeing only numbers on paper, use Your ears and find out what fits best for your setup and hearing.
This capacitor thing is subjective and there`s no certain best choice. I gave 3 different suggestions to try out what I thought sounded best and who`s going to change caps should definitely test different ones and not choose based on specs on paper.

Btw, what HPs are You using to test capacitors?

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #124 of 378
babs, I have one really crazy question for You - is it possible to somehow add remote control for DX50 rev/fwd/play/stop button functions? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #126 of 378
Do also more Your own research and think. If You can`t handle those things, take it to electronics guy. I told You in beginning that those upgrades aren`t so easy like plug-n-play 
rolleyes.gif
 You didn`t even know what breadboard is and how to connect caps wires. Sorry if it sounds harsh but we aren`t Your personal electronics teachers. There`s internet - use it.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #127 of 378
  someone find babs,please!I still don't know how he managed to put ADA4896-2ARMZ on dx50,which is 5 times smaller than the original thing he changed!

As I said in previous post:

Anyway, i have try the ADA4896-2 for the differential amplifier, and I love it! its my actual differential amplifier
but, warning,  its a extreme MOD! do not try at home!! (page 5)

You must carefully pry the little pin to extend them as much as possible
And solder them to the pads with lot of solder
Need binocular microscope!

I will try to post a picture tonight

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #128 of 378

Anyway, i have try the ADA4896-2 for the differential amplifier, and I love it! its my actual differential amplifier

Picture of the MOD; ADA4896-2 MSOP-8 soldered on SOIC-8 pads:

Cute! hein?

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #133 of 378
Eneglish is not my first language,so never heard that word before!changing caps is the only mod I will do by myself,for the rest I have a guy from a phone repair shop!I don't know so many things,but you have to appreciate my willing! :D  just want to squeeze the best from this player,and I almost got everything babas told us so far he did! I was so impressed about how small is that ADA8496-2 beside the original part,and you can see that from the picture!

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #134 of 378
  someone find babs,please!I still don't know how he managed to put ADA4896-2ARMZ on dx50,which is 5 times smaller than the original thing he changed!

Eneglish is not my first language,so never heard that word before!changing caps is the only mod I will do by myself,for the rest I have a guy from a phone repair shop!I don't know so many things,but you have to appreciate my willing! :D  just want to squeeze the best from this player,and I almost got everything babas told us so far he did! I was so impressed about how small is that ADA8496-2 beside the original part,and you can see that from the picture!

The ADA8496-2 is an MSOP-8 type component; pin pitch is 0.65mm, yes its small, but its a pretty standard pitch today
At work, we solder lots of 0.5mm and even 0.4mm parts
(Not me ! ... my technicians)

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #135 of 378
  Come on Babs,from that picture we can see that you have did more than just what you've told us so far! I can see more mods there,other parts,some parts are missing....can you tell us everything please?

Yes, i actually try some new mods, as you can see on the picture, the board just above the OP amp is pretty dirty...
I am not finished yet, but I think I am near the end
I will return on that soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back