iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 17, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #14,236 of 14,593
So you're saying that .mp3 tags are not properly indexed in Mango player? I was only asking because I have not noticed any issue like this. But that WOULD (sort of) explain why you have to totally rescan your library if you yank out the micro SD card that contains that library (even if Mango is closed). This is the big reason I quit using it Mango android. I mentioned this to iBasso several times, and it was never taken care of.

I only have the one 1tb card, so I switch it between the DX300 and the DX160.

This is very interesting to learn about, as I didn't know they didn't use their own internal DB for this, but the android system DB.
Not quite. What Mango displays of mp3 tags is correct. Mango doesn't appear to display much by way of the tags, so it would use its own database or a partial use of the mediastore. If it's the latter then iBasso have only properly enabled those tags in the mediastore that Mango uses, whilst other players that use more tags then show incorrect or missing data. I'm guessing about root causes and happy to be proven wrong, but it's what seems logical to me. If you install an mp3 tag editor you may see the same broken behaviour.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #14,237 of 14,593
Thank you very much for chasing this up.
I am rather disappointed by the answer from UAPP team.
although i don't know the Android (and iBasso) internals, it's kind of weird to me, that the UAPP works just fine with the previous Android version and doesn't work well with the new Android version - I mean, i do understand, that there are or could be significant changes in the operating system, but if it'd be really related to the not installed Google services and/or framework, or at least with the missing playstore, why hasn't this been a problem on FW 1.07?
I guess its a mixture of both the Android upgrade (incl. it's new permission system and introdcution of scoped storage) and the standard behaviour of UAPP.

I think it might be time to give Neutro player a chance :D
Anyone having issues with neutron player?
While the Play Store isn't installed out of the gate, Google Services/framework are. This is one of the reasons you can install it from most sources or APK. And I think this might be what they meant. Which means it goes back to them (UAPP). This is a frequent issue when an app doesn't work. The devs blame the system, and the system blames the devs. iBasso is normally pretty good with getting stuff on their end squared away. iBasso had an issue like this with MQA on UAPP previously. UAPP blamed iBasso, and iBasso blamed UAPP. It did turn out to be UAPPs fault, and they finally fixed it, but it took an exorbitant amount of time IMO.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #14,238 of 14,593
Not quite. What Mango displays of mp3 tags is correct. Mango doesn't appear to display much by way of the tags, so it would use its own database or a partial use of the mediastore. If it's the latter then iBasso have only properly enabled those tags in the mediastore that Mango uses, whilst other players that use more tags then show incorrect or missing data. I'm guessing about root causes and happy to be proven wrong, but it's what seems logical to me. If you install an mp3 tag editor you may see the same broken behaviour.
Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting, and I didn't realize the way this worked.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #14,239 of 14,593
The New DX300 firmware: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300FW-ota-v2.01.zip

This is a local update and you would download this, open the download and there will be a folder with the new firmware inside. You can place this on an SD card and then do a local update. This is for the battery drain issue when in Standby/sleep mode.
Good deal, I was starting to think my DX300's battery's capacitance was beginning to diminish. The standby drain was noticeable.

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #14,240 of 14,593
I think it might be time to give Neutro player a chance :D
Anyone having issues with neutron player?
Neutron is working ok for me

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #14,241 of 14,593
Good deal, I was starting to think my DX300's battery's capacitance was beginning to diminish. The standby drain was noticeable.
Are you on the latest firmware for the DX300?

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #14,242 of 14,593
Are you on the latest firmware for the DX300?
I am now. I just updated OTA to Rev. 2.01.109 after seeing this thread. I keep forgetting to check every so often for new OTA firmware updates. My DX300 has been reliable and I'm glad that battery drain issue was resolved.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #14,243 of 14,593
Analog draining faster than digital ? Why not ? Yet again, the proof that the analog battery has plenty in reserve for a much more demanding amplifier :wink:
5C66C2AE-9EB8-42CE-A33D-DA0FB4FF6A99.jpeg

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #14,244 of 14,593
Analog draining faster than digital ? Why not ? Yet again, the proof that the analog battery has plenty in reserve for a much more demanding amplifier :wink:
I'm not sure what you're saying? It is impressive that your analog battery is lower than digital, as my digital always drains much faster. And I have 2.01.109. I wonder how you managed this?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #14,246 of 14,593
Usually the Digital battery drain faster than analog battery (the amplifier)
Right! I edited my post with same. How'd you do it? Which amp?
I'm not sure what you're saying? It is impressive that your analog battery is lower than digital, as my digital always drains much faster. And I have 2.01.109. I wonder how you managed this?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #14,248 of 14,593
I have many amps :wink:, also ruined so many amps that I have a bunches of Ibasso amp boxes as well LOL. This particular one is Burson discrete Amp11
So, your Burson discrete Amp11 drew the analog battery down below the digital battery. This speaks to the high draw of that amp, yes? I'd rather my digital battery drained much more slowly rather than my analog draining even faster! :laughing: It is nice to see more battery parity, tho.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #14,249 of 14,593
So, your Burson discrete Amp11 drew the analog battery down below the digital battery. This speaks to the high draw of that amp, yes? I'd rather my digital battery drained much more slowly rather than my analog draining even faster! :laughing: It is nice to see more battery parity, tho.
The stock Amp13 will also do this, having to power the Korg Nutube (I imagine the Amp14 being very similar if not more so because there is more power on tap with this one). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back