iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 12, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #14,221 of 14,596
Thanks. Yes, it's one I made up from old pieces of pinewood.

See some other pics and explanation above.
Damn fine work. This is what I use, though I like the idea if your a bit better (I am just not very good working wood).
20221006_090802.jpg
20220616_190437.jpg

Feb 12, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #14,222 of 14,596
Damn fine work. This is what I use, though I like the idea if your a bit better (I am just not very good working wood).
Do you find it supports the weight of the Dx300 well when pressing the buttons?

That was my concern, and the reason I want for a proper chunky solution.

Btw, I'm pretty useless at wood work too. All pretty basic tools for this job and access to a pyrography kit for the finishing touches. It's the sort of stand anyone could knock up really.

P.S. A view from the rear of it so you can see how it supports itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_192425.jpg
    IMG_20230212_192425.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #14,223 of 14,596
Do you find it supports the weight of the Dx300 well when pressing the buttons?

That was my concern, and the reason I want for a proper chunky solution.

Btw, I'm pretty useless at wood work too. All pretty basic tools for this job and access to a pyrography kit for the finishing touches. It's the sort of stand anyone could knock up really.
Yeah, I find it really stable. You can slide the two front legs even further apart for a stronger base if needed. This actually came with a Moga Mobile game controller (for cell phones) in the kit. Looking on that site, it looks like they have made some serious changes since I bought mine many years ago... :)

Well, it certainly looks like it took some craftsmanship to create. :) At the very least it took some good creativity.

Feb 12, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #14,225 of 14,596
Yeah, I think it would take a pretty sizeable earthquake to knock that one over... LOL
LOL

That's good then, that yours is stable too.

There's certainly some weight to the DX300, and for me that's part of its charm as it feels premium in every aspect, on top of sounding lovely with whatever I pair it with.

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #14,226 of 14,596
Do you agree that Stiff's mod makes 12 amp's sound more bodied?
I don't know how to describe it. I just like it better. BTW it's 'Steve'.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #14,227 of 14,596
Does the UAPP work correctly on 2.01?
no, i am not happy with it either

i have ~480G music on the SD card (actually the SD Card and its content is the same as on firmware 1.7)
using UAPP version: 6.0.9.8

problems with UAPP
1) scan is super slow and takes _days_ until "completed" (more on #2)
2) metadata is not scanned completely. when browsing throug the albums you can see the artist under the album itself.
Screenshot_20230214-191548.png

(see Lenny, Sade or Tracy)
...and yes - all my music is properly tagged

thing is: if you re-scan the library, nothing will change. if you delete the database and start a complete scan, you will eventually end up with _other_ albums properly scanned (which have NOT been scanned properly in the previous scan) and other albums not scanned completely (which have been properly scanned in a/the previous scan)
- i hope that makes sense

and 3) operation is quite slow even if #2 is "finished"

anyone an idea?
thx, Ron

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #14,228 of 14,596
no, i am not happy with it either

i have ~480G music on the SD card (actually the SD Card and its content is the same as on firmware 1.7)
using UAPP version: 6.0.9.8

problems with UAPP
1) scan is super slow and takes _days_ until "completed" (more on #2)
2) metadata is not scanned completely. when browsing throug the albums you can see the artist under the album itself.
Screenshot_20230214-191548.png
(see Lenny, Sade or Tracy)
...and yes - all my music is properly tagged

thing is: if you re-scan the library, nothing will change. if you delete the database and start a complete scan, you will eventually end up with _other_ albums properly scanned (which have NOT been scanned properly in the previous scan) and other albums not scanned completely (which have been properly scanned in a/the previous scan)
- i hope that makes sense

and 3) operation is quite slow even if #2 is "finished"

anyone an idea?
thx, Ron
Has anyone contacted UAPP? I have read of a few people having issues with some versions working and some now, so it comes down to, it seems, UAPP.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #14,230 of 14,596
The Android media store is Android's native way of indexing mp3 tags. Some software players like PlayerPro which I used to use depend on it for indexing, whilst other apps like UAPP and Neutron player do their own indexing.

Some years ago when I was on the DX220 I told iBasso that their implementation of the media store was broken which made software like PlayerPro (and others) unusable. They told it was a problem with the software, not the OS. When I got the DX300 there was the same issue. I told iBasso again, detailing the steps I'd gone through to prove it was the OS, but they still denied it.

It was only when I went to Advanced MP3 players who I'd bought the DX300 from, and they contacted iBasso, that iBasso said they would fix the issue in the next 1-2 releases. That was in October 2021. It's still not fixed.

It might be that it's just not important enough for iBasso - I could live with that if they came out and said so. I happily use Neutron player now, having been forced to move to it in the first place. It riles me though that despite all the good things we hear about responsiveness and fixing problems that
- they denied an actual problem for years
- it took a dealer to get them to take notice
- they haven't followed through on their promise to fix it

Just venting

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #14,231 of 14,596
I wrote to them today, waiting for a response.
Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for contacting us. You can try uninstalling and re-installing
from the PLay Store. If that doesn't help, you need to ask iBasso to
make sure they have officially licensed the Play Store and no other apps
are installed that act like the Play Store.

Kind regards,

=========
That's because the iBasso does not have an official Play Store.

Kind regards,

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #14,232 of 14,596
The Android media store is Android's native way of indexing mp3 tags. Some software players like PlayerPro which I used to use depend on it for indexing, whilst other apps like UAPP and Neutron player do their own indexing.
Could you elaborate a bit on this? I am not sure what you are saying is the issue here. Thanks.

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #14,233 of 14,596
Could you elaborate a bit on this? I am not sure what you are saying is the issue here. Thanks.
Erm, not sure what's not clear. A part of Android that allows some software to properly index mp3 tags (album, artist, song title etc) doesn't work properly in the iBasso implementation of Android, meaning that some player software won't correctly display this metadata. Happy to clarify if you can be more specific?

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #14,234 of 14,596
Erm, not sure what's not clear. A part of Android that allows some software to properly index mp3 tags (album, artist, song title etc) doesn't work properly in the iBasso implementation of Android, meaning that some player software won't correctly display this metadata. Happy to clarify if you can be more specific?
So you're saying that .mp3 tags are not properly indexed in Mango player? I was only asking because I have not noticed any issue like this. But that WOULD (sort of) explain why you have to totally rescan your library if you yank out the micro SD card that contains that library (even if Mango is closed). This is the big reason I quit using it Mango android. I mentioned this to iBasso several times, and it was never taken care of.

I only have the one 1tb card, so I switch it between the DX300 and the DX160.

This is very interesting to learn about, as I didn't know they didn't use their own internal DB for this, but the android system DB.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #14,235 of 14,596
Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for contacting us. You can try uninstalling and re-installing
from the PLay Store. If that doesn't help, you need to ask iBasso to
make sure they have officially licensed the Play Store and no other apps
are installed that act like the Play Store.

Kind regards,

=========
That's because the iBasso does not have an official Play Store.

Kind regards,
Thank you very much for chasing this up.
I am rather disappointed by the answer from UAPP team.
although i don't know the Android (and iBasso) internals, it's kind of weird to me, that the UAPP works just fine with the previous Android version and doesn't work well with the new Android version - I mean, i do understand, that there are or could be significant changes in the operating system, but if it'd be really related to the not installed Google services and/or framework, or at least with the missing playstore, why hasn't this been a problem on FW 1.07?
I guess its a mixture of both the Android upgrade (incl. it's new permission system and introdcution of scoped storage) and the standard behaviour of UAPP.

I think it might be time to give Neutro player a chance :D
Anyone having issues with neutron player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back