iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 6, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #14,193 of 14,593
I can confirm the battery drain issue is fixed. It consumed 1% over night so it is good.

IBasso, can I ask for a feature allowing the device to shut down automatically after inactive for a certain time? It can save battery when fall into sleep while listening to it.
If your devices uses more than a few % overnight at most (even with WiFi on) then you are still having battery drain issues. I can leave mine sitting in standby for a few weeks before it dies.

Having said that, if you are listening to music and using Mango player or Mango OS, if you set the timer, it will not only stop the music playing, it will shut the DX down.

If that isn't good enough, there is an app that I used to use for the DX160 that is a system timer (I may have to get back to you on the name as it has been a long while since I used it). It can stop playback of (most) music, and you can choose to shut down the device also. This is not dependent on whether music is playing or not, it simply shuts down the system after the timer expires.

Feb 7, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #14,197 of 14,593
That is good to hear. When I DO update, I didn't want to even put that "poison" file on my beloved DX, if I didn't have to... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I was wondering if you have updated to the new firmware yet or are you still waiting? I'm still holding out myself but it looks like everything has been sorted. Been thinking about taking the dive into Android 11.

Feb 7, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #14,200 of 14,593
I was wondering if you have updated to the new firmware yet or are you still waiting? I'm still holding out myself but it looks like everything has been sorted. Been thinking about taking the dive into Android 11.
I have not updated yet. I am getting closer, but now that the battery issues have been solved, I think that people can concentrate on the rest of the system, and report any other bugs that upgrading to android 11 might have caused. That, and I have not heard yet if there is any sound difference in the newest FW release? Generally, I have not noticed any sound changes in the FWs through the years, but over on the DX320 thread they seem to get a change in their sound with almost each one.
I was wondering if anyone in here found a big sound difference between the Ibasso DX320 Edition X vs the Ibasso DX300? If you own the DX300 is worth getting the Ibasso Edition X?
I Love ❤️ the way the Ibasso DX320 Edition X looks but that's a lot to pay if there's not a big sound difference between it and the DX300 and my DX300 has performed flawlessly sense purchasing it.
I have not heard the DX320 or the DX320 Edition X, but I follow the thread for the DX320, and others have made comment that the DX320 sounds much better than the DX300. So basically, I think that they ARE saying there is indeed a sound difference. :) Now, whether that is good or bad is up to your ears. Personally, I am not interested in changing the sound of what I get from the DX300. I am a believer that at this level of tech, it is not so much about better or worse, it is really about different. Most of the TOTL DAPs you can get nowadays are amazing either way you look at it, it is all about matching the "coloration" that you might get to synergize with your head gear. I, for one, look for the most neutral so that I have a wide variety of what will synergize with my head gear, and I use the head gear's signature to color the sound the way I want for the mood I am in. Having said that I think the DX300 is pretty "perfect" for my head gear. I have all of the amp cards (except the Amp14 card), and they all synergize with at least some of my equipment.

For instance, the Amp13 card sounds like crap with my Focal Elegia (sounds MUCH better from Amp12) and a few other pieces of head gear, but is absolutely heavenly on my Sennheiser HD700, iBasso IT-07, and Hifiman Deva. And the Raptgo Hook-X, DUNU DK2001, and iBasso IT-01S just sound so much better on Amp11.2. If/when it becomes available on Amazon in the US, I will get the Amp14 and see what works best with it. :)

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #14,202 of 14,593
Is the sound of 13 and 14 amp the same?
From my understanding it is not, though most of this is coming from DX320 owners. It is said to be sort of in between the Amp13 card and the stock Amp11.2 card. Bottom line is that it seems to be a bit less "tubey" than the Amp13 card, with some of the clarity of the Amp11.2 card.

I don't know if this holds true for the differences from the DX300 though. But, it DOES make sense that it would be a similar experience through the DX300 (being a bit different sound than Amp13).

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #14,203 of 14,593
Tried the new firmware, work well. No more wierd batt drain. Thanks Ibasso team.

For the batt saver or charge limiter to 80/80, i tried charging while the unit turned completely off. It charges to 81/80 but then the green led charge indicator wouldnt turn off, and clicking/short pressing the volume button to check the charge state on screen: the 2 batt icons keeps blinking as if it keeps charging both batteries.

Does this mean it cant stop charging at 80/80 while the unit is turned off? Or to put in in another way, does the unit need to be turned on/ in standby/sleep mode to have the batt charge saver working?

thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #14,204 of 14,593
Tried the new firmware, work well. No more wierd batt drain. Thanks Ibasso team.

For the batt saver or charge limiter to 80/80, i tried charging while the unit turned completely off. It charges to 81/80 but then the green led charge indicator wouldnt turn off, and clicking/short pressing the volume button to check the charge state on screen: the 2 batt icons keeps blinking as if it keeps charging both batteries.

Does this mean it cant stop charging at 80/80 while the unit is turned off? Or to put in in another way, does the unit need to be turned on/ in standby/sleep mode to have the batt charge saver working?

thanks in advance :D
Though I have no personal experience in this, from reading posts on here, it seems as though it DOES stop charging, but the indicators don't reflect this. You will be able to answer this better than me if you leave it plugged in (and off) overnight. :)

Might be another small bug that iBasso could fix?!

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #14,205 of 14,593
Though I have no personal experience in this, from reading posts on here, it seems as though it DOES stop charging, but the indicators don't reflect this. You will be able to answer this better than me if you leave it plugged in (and off) overnight. :)

Might be another small bug that iBasso could fix?!
yes that's true, it does seem to stop charging at 81/80 because it doesn't add anymore %. maybe it's just the led light and blinking indicator that's forgot to turn off?

anyways, i will give your idea a try and report back, thanks for the suggestion :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back