iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 6, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #14,266 of 14,596
Mango says A 54 D 56, and it's the same on Android. I have listened to one album today, otherwise it's been in standby. Digital keeps dropping but it seems analog is not as much. It's gotta be some step I messed up in updating, I'm basically brand new to this type of thing haha. Some said they updated and did not factory reset and they were ok, and I think there was one guy who bricked his somehow. Really strange. But most said the new fw fixed it so must've been something I missed. Maybe could revert to older fw and then update back through the pc?

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #14,267 of 14,596
Actually I do think I am having battery issues. I charged last night and turned off the device, 51 analog and 62 digital (the analog seemed to not be charging at all last night) now I've turned it on and digital drained to 47 while off. Analog remained the same. Also digital is charging much faster than analog, though now analog is charging.

I factory reset after installing android 11 with version 2.01.109. Battery saver is on. Digital has charged to 78 in ten minutes while analog is now 57. Charger is Anker power port pd nano 20w. Will be reviewing previous posts but also any tips greatly appreciated.
You run them both down and then do a full charge. Also make sure the USB is clean, no lint etc. and try a different USB C connector and make sure your adapter is working.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #14,268 of 14,596
Well, it seems that things were going well with the latest fw update of the DX300 to android 11 (2.01), but the consumption of the digital section began to be excessive and the imbalance with the analog section was tremendous.

So last night I "plucked up" my courage and with the 660 tool I downgraded to android 9 with the latest fw version released. (I have to admit that I had cold sweats and it was hard for me to decide to do it, I had read of people who had a nice paperweight left)

Following the instructions that are in the zip of the 660 tool itself (brief and with some steps that are missing) and with a couple of posts from head fi, I got it, I already have my DX300 at the latest Android 9 version that I had published on the official page.

Tonight I will do tests, but last night I left it on and this morning when I got up and checked it, it seems that things have returned to their place in terms of consumption on standby.

I will inform you.

Greetings.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #14,270 of 14,596
Tengo la última actualización y no reproduzco música. Lo mantengo siempre encendido y después de un día o dos, digital es 62 por ciento y analógico es 100 por ciento.

Eso es normal??
Sin jugar nada, ni siquiera en mango player?

Me da la impresión de que no es muy normal.

Lo que noté es que lo analógico disminuyó muy poco, pero lo digital lo hizo más rápido que con Android 9, y al final no vale nada, lo digital es lo que cuenta.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #14,271 of 14,596
I have to admit that I had cold sweats and it was hard for me to decide to do it, I had read of people who had a nice paperweight left)
You (almost) can't perma-brick these using only a computer and USB cable. Even if you brick it, it can be recovered quite easily (with the correct procedure) using the 660 tool. It's great that you took it upon yourself to do it with success.. :)
I have the latest update an played no music. I am keeping it always on and after about a day or two, digital is 62 percent and analog is 100 percent.

Is that normal ??
This is NOT normal. I can leave mine sitting, powered on and I can leave it alone for up to a month (depending on if an app is running in the background). If I turn it on without running any apps, I can leave it for a lot longer with very little battery drain. I guess I am still a hold-out on the update on this one.. Sounds like iBasso "lessened" the effect but did not eliminate it altogether.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #14,272 of 14,596
You (almost) can't perma-brick these using only a computer and USB cable. Even if you brick it, it can be recovered quite easily (with the correct procedure) using the 660 tool. It's great that you took it upon yourself to do it with success.. :)

This is NOT normal. I can leave mine sitting, powered on and I can leave it alone for up to a month (depending on if an app is running in the background). If I turn it on without running any apps, I can leave it for a lot longer with very little battery drain. I guess I am still a hold-out on the update on this one.. Sounds like iBasso "lessened" the effect but did not eliminate it altogether.
Any idea how to resolve the battery problem without reverting back to android 9?

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #14,273 of 14,596
Any idea how to resolve the battery problem without reverting back to android 9?
Not unless you know how to reverse engineer and program iBasso's version of android implementation IMO. I think it is something in the coding... I don't think it is something that is native to android 11 because the DX320 (also on android 11) doesn't have the same issues. Reverting back to 9 or living with it, are probably your only two options at the moment. I am sure that iBasso will re-address this once they learn that their "fix" didn't work wholly.

As mentioned before, I am really glad that they added support for the Amp14 card on the last version of android 9, so when I get that one, I DON'T have to upgrade to use it. :)

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #14,274 of 14,596
Well, it seems that things were going well with the latest fw update of the DX300 to android 11 (2.01), but the consumption of the digital section began to be excessive and the imbalance with the analog section was tremendous.

So last night I "plucked up" my courage and with the 660 tool I downgraded to android 9 with the latest fw version released. (I have to admit that I had cold sweats and it was hard for me to decide to do it, I had read of people who had a nice paperweight left)

Following the instructions that are in the zip of the 660 tool itself (brief and with some steps that are missing) and with a couple of posts from head fi, I got it, I already have my DX300 at the latest Android 9 version that I had published on the official page.

Tonight I will do tests, but last night I left it on and this morning when I got up and checked it, it seems that things have returned to their place in terms of consumption on standby.

I will inform you.

Greetings.

I think I will try doing this as well this weekend. Looking forward to the jams again.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #14,275 of 14,596
I think I will try doing this as well this weekend. Looking forward to the jams again.
It really isn't that hard to do (it is more scary in your mind than it is hard), and once you have done it, you will be thinking "Well, this wasn't that hard at all, and I wonder why I thought it WAS to begin with" (as long as you are able to follow directions)... LOL

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes?! :)

Mar 11, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #14,276 of 14,596
Creo que intenté hacer esto también este fin de semana. Mirando hacia adelante a los atascos de nuevo.
Solo hay un paso que se omite en la explicación del manual. Cuando va a seleccionar LOAD xml, primero aparece un archivo llamado rawrprogram0.xml. Una vez que lo seleccione, le da la opción del segundo archivo xml llamado patch0.xml. Esos dos pasos en el manual no aparecen y es lo que más me costó hacer al final.

Definitivamente después de usar todo el día de ayer, puedo confirmar que la optimización de la batería está mejor implementada en Android 9, al menos en nuestro DX300, esperemos que ibasso lo arregle con una nueva actualización.
Llegó a tener después de unas dos horas de uso el analógico en un 98% y el digital en un 55%.

Ahora con el mismo uso de ayer por la tarde, los valores eran 92% analógicos y 88% digitales. (Tidal Hifi/wifi)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #14,277 of 14,596
Solo hay un paso que se omite en la explicación del manual. Cuando va a seleccionar LOAD xml, primero aparece un archivo llamado rawrprogram0.xml. Una vez que lo seleccione, le da la opción del segundo archivo xml llamado patch0.xml. Esos dos pasos en el manual no aparecen y es lo que más me costó hacer al final.

Definitivamente después de usar todo el día de ayer, puedo confirmar que la optimización de la batería está mejor implementada en Android 9, al menos en nuestro DX300, esperemos que ibasso lo arregle con una nueva actualización.
Llegó a tener después de unas dos horas de uso el analógico en un 98% y el digital en un 55%.

Ahora con el mismo uso de ayer por la tarde, los valores eran 92% analógicos y 88% digitales. (Tidal Hifi/wifi)

Thanks for that, yes that's exactly what I'm experiencing too but I'm sure Ibasso will have a fix eventually. Gotta go do some jobs today then I will give it a shot this evening. AND THEN I will use it to pass out zzzzz and then wake up for more jams.
:beerchug:

Mar 12, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #14,278 of 14,596
Usually the Digital battery drain faster than analog battery (the amplifier)
My usual use case is to use Tidal streaming and very efficient headphones on low gain. In this scenario the digital battery drains far quicker than the analogue.
I recently got some Arya Stealths and I've been burning them in with the DX300 using UAPP to play pink noise at quite high volume on high gain with WiFi turned off. In this scenario the analogue battery runs out first.
When I go back to normal listening, no doubt the digital battery will drain first.
Would be interesting if you could swap the batteries depending on your particular use case.

Mar 12, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #14,279 of 14,596
My usual use case is to use Tidal streaming and very efficient headphones on low gain. In this scenario the digital battery drains far quicker than the analogue.
I recently got some Arya Stealths and I've been burning them in with the DX300 using UAPP to play pink noise at quite high volume on high gain with WiFi turned off. In this scenario the analogue battery runs out first.
When I go back to normal listening, no doubt the digital battery will drain first.
Would be interesting if you could swap the batteries depending on your particular use case.
Can’t swap battery that way, the digital battery has twice as much capacity than the analog. It is just that the analog battery is reserved for more demanding amplification module

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #14,280 of 14,596
Usually the Digital battery drain faster than analog battery (the amplifier)

That is true, but the imbalance that exists between the two is very large and proven, with the same use, consumption is much lower in Android 9 than in Android 11 in the digital module (amp11) with Tidal Hifi, which is what I use.

For the moment, I stay on Android 9, which is the same for what I need and I take better advantage of it in terms of consumption.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back