iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Nov 27, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #13,846 of 14,593
Did I say they won't do it? I said they gave it a low priority. The question is how long it takes to deliver a promise or at least provide specific dates.
There is probably no reason for iBasso to do it.
No, you didn't say those words, but I think people misunderstood the "vagueness" of what you did say.

But I agree that it is not high priority to them. As a matter of fact they even said so on here.

Having said all of that, IMO it IS in their best interest to get the DX300 up to speed with the DX320 for software. This might save them the hassle of programming twice when they release a new amp module, since they fit both devices. But that is all conjecture on my part.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #13,847 of 14,593
No, you didn't say those words, but I think people misunderstood the "vagueness" of what you did say.

But I agree that it is not high priority to them. As a matter of fact they even said so on here.

Having said all of that, IMO it IS in their best interest to get the DX300 up to speed with the DX320 for software. This might save them the hassle of programming twice when they release a new amp module, since they fit both devices. But that is all conjecture on my part.
If someone interpreted "no reason to do it" as "they won't do it", it was not my intention.

If there was a good reason from the business perspective, I think Android 11 would have already been released for the DX300. But iBasso chose to focus on new products instead. And I am not blaming them for this. It's just an obvious observation.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #13,848 of 14,593
If someone interpreted "no reason to do it" as "they won't do it", it was not my intention.

If there was a good reason from the business perspective, I think Android 11 would have already been released for the DX300. But iBasso chose to focus on new products instead. And I am not blaming them for this. It's just an obvious observation.
I totally get it and understand where you are coming from. I myself also thought that is what you meant (through no fault of your own).

I don't disagree with you on this. "They have moved on" might be an accurate assessment, except that they kept the same build for amp modules for both DX devices. So, while they most certainly AREN'T in a hurry to do it, I think they will indeed do it at some point. I am not sure they are in too much of a hurry (like you said), until they come out with the next amp card. Because, as mentioned earlier, I think this is really the only reason that they plan on updating it. And who knows when that will be?! And while I mention "moving on" that sounds like this is an old device. It is actually less than two years old... :wink:

As for myself, I am not in a hurry to have android 11 because I think the DX300 is pretty darned close to as good as it can be (short of a few small nigglings that have never been addressed but are not deal breakers). If such time comes that there NEEDS to be an update in order to make the amp card work properly (i.e. Amp13), then I will install it, but otherwise I am perfectly content with mine, and all that it (along with all the amp cards) offers.

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #13,849 of 14,593
We are working on an update. But we are not a large company and even though we have our own crew of software people that work in office here, it all takes time. There are many lines of code and we are working on the DX170, DX300, DX240 and DX320 for updates. It will happen.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #13,850 of 14,593
I´ve read the Andromeda 2020 is a good Pairing with the DX300. How about the 2,5 mm Balanced Port? Is there some hissing noticable? Is the Volume Adjustement fine enough on low gain?

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #13,851 of 14,593
I´ve read the Andromeda 2020 is a good Pairing with the DX300. How about the 2,5 mm Balanced Port? Is there some hissing noticable? Is the Volume Adjustement fine enough on low gain?
No hissing with Andromeda with ibasso. It may be slightly fatiguing to listen to for a long time if you suffer from treble in general. But basically it's a nice pairing. My only suggestion is setting volume maximum limit because if you accidentally maximize the volume into your pocket it may harm Andros. So low gain is also welcome with them. Generally higher gain v shapes their fr

Dec 3, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #13,852 of 14,593
I don't own the Andro 2020, but have read a lot of reports on here about them. There isn't any discernable hiss (that I have heard about) even on high gain; though there might be a little if you have REALLY good hearing. So I would say that you are safe on low or medium gain.

I WILL also say that @paggio is right about overall volume. While I don't have the Andro 2020, I have a couple sets that are just as low impedance and highly sensitive, and if the volume is very high you COULD blow them, or your ears.

Having said all of that, I assume you are talking about the stock amp as for pairing? There have been people talking about hearing a bit of hiss with Amp12, and a bit of RF sound while streaming with Amp13 (I can vouch for that one).

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #13,854 of 14,593
But I recently noticed something, perhaps due to an automatic firmware update that I didn't notice, or that I don't remember doing (lol): the two batteries now discharge much more evenly. And even when recharging, they both reach 100% almost simultaneously.
Has this happened to you too?

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #13,856 of 14,593
Nope, since new I have always had problems with the battery, specifically the analogue one, tried calibrating many times with not much change in performance.
Calibrate? Aside from this not appearing to work for you, I'm not familiar? I did see a post earlier in this thread where it appears to involve running the batteries down...?

Dec 5, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #13,858 of 14,593
What are the advantages of the dx320 over the dx170 (or the dx300 over the dx160?) that you get for the 2x - 3x price increment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back