iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #10,471 of 14,593
Hey, I am the first person to bemoan the current price inflation in iems, believe me. But as they are going for about $2k used right now, that is less than Odin, Evo, a lot of the 64Audios, all the totl VEs, and certainly far less than the ludicrous amounts being asked for UM’s “flagships.” Anyway, not to wander off topic too much, I do think that the Indigos could benefit greatly from the new tube amp. Give them a little more midrange warmth. Very excited to hear that combo. Also I am in the process of ordering an amp12ex so I will have that combo to test with them as well. Also I am finding filter 3 on MangoOS to give the Indigos some of the best tonal balance and body I have ever heard. I was solely a NOS guy up until the latest firmware.
I'll need to check that out.

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #10,472 of 14,593
All,

iBasso has quietly updated the DX300 Firmware to 1.05.343
iBasso says: 'Playing MQA on UAPP is now possible. (Android OS)'

Here is the download link:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300_20220119_1.05.343_128G_img.zip

Here is the release information:

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Playing MQA on UAPP is now possible. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that there is a possibility that a connection error happens when connecting Bluetooth to the car system. (Android OS)
3. Rectified the bug that the parameter EQ does not take effect after switching songs. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that DSD files larger than 4G cannot fast forward. (Android OS)
5. Added charge option to the USB-DAC mode. (Android OS)
6. Optimized the memory usage of the Mango Player APP. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that custom wallpaper cannot be saved. (Mango OS)
8. Added support for the AMP13 amp card.

Enjoy!

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #10,473 of 14,593
All,

iBasso has quietly updated the DX300 Firmware to 1.05.343
iBasso says: 'Playing MQA on UAPP is now possible. (Android OS)'

Here is the download link:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300_20220119_1.05.343_128G_img.zip

Here is the release information:

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Playing MQA on UAPP is now possible. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that there is a possibility that a connection error happens when connecting Bluetooth to the car system. (Android OS)
3. Rectified the bug that the parameter EQ does not take effect after switching songs. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that DSD files larger than 4G cannot fast forward. (Android OS)
5. Added charge option to the USB-DAC mode. (Android OS)
6. Optimized the memory usage of the Mango Player APP. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that custom wallpaper cannot be saved. (Mango OS)
8. Added support for the AMP13 amp card.

Enjoy!
Isn't this the same firmware we have already got?

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #10,474 of 14,593
Has anyone of you happened to hear the Audeze LCD XC 2021 with the DX 312?
I don't have a LCD-XC coming in but a LCD-2 rosewood and LCD-X - both MY21 - and will be auditioning them the bricks (3MAX and M17) and DX312 shortly.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #10,475 of 14,593
Isn't this the same firmware we have already got?
I stand corrected, seems you had noted firmware available earlier.
First page of thread has not been updated by Paul @ iBasso
And using search did not show your posts, my bad...

No, this firmware was recently released 1/19/2022.
I can now report successful upgrade from .305 to .343 and was also able to root with Magisk.

Finally, UAPP MQA decoding IS now fully working as well.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #10,476 of 14,593
No, this firmware was recently released 1/19/2022.
I can now report successful upgrade from .305 to .343 and was also able to root with Magisk.

Finally, UAPP MQA decoding IS now fully working as well.

Yeah that was the one that was made unavaliable for days on the website or auto update but we were able to get a downloadable zip from with the help of some headfiers.
UAPP still does not unfold MQA all the way and I think we are just waiting for an update to the app from UAPP devs at this point.

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #10,479 of 14,593
Had to clear UAPP cache and storage, after that MQA has to be reconfigured.
Playing David Crosby - Croz MQA album and UAPP correctly shows 384.0 kHz and Orange LED
Tried clearing storage but still doesnt unfold fully. Even tried playing each one of Crosby's MQA albums and neither of them unfolded fully. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the unfolding happening on your DAP? This way I can try and replicate

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #10,480 of 14,593
After I finally got to update the unit, a new challenger approaches. I mean, a new problem arises.
The play/pause button seems to be dead. Both next/previous work fine. Every button can be pressed normally but it is the play one that seems unable to forward the command.
The thing is, I can't know if the new firmware is to blame. The dap came literally yesterday and first thing I did was the update.
Obviously, I should have tested the button before updating.

Things I've tried:
-Factory reset
-Tinkering with the settings to see if play button can be disabled (not to my knowledge).
-Testing with Mango Player and UAPP (again, only previous/ next buttons work)

Anybody can shed any light?

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #10,481 of 14,593
After I finally got to update the unit, a new challenger approaches. I mean, a new problem arises.
The play/pause button seems to be dead. Both next/previous work fine. Every button can be pressed normally but it is the play one that seems unable to forward the command.
The thing is, I can't know if the new firmware is to blame. The dap came literally yesterday and first thing I did was the update.
Obviously, I should have tested the button before updating.

Things I've tried:
-Factory reset
-Tinkering with the settings to see if play button can be disabled (not to my knowledge).
-Testing with Mango Player and UAPP (again, only previous/ next buttons work)

Anybody can shed any light?
Where did you get it?

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #10,482 of 14,593
Are the updates from iBasso cumulative? I skipped the last two updates because of issues others was having.

Edit: I am assuming that it is cumulative, since the image contains the entire OS, but thought I would ask before skipping over an update to go directly to the newest one.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #10,483 of 14,593
I can also confirm that the new FW update is not the issue with OTA updates. Since mine hasn't been updated since Feb 2021, It sees that I have an update 1.03.241 (which appears to be pulled from iBasso website), but when trying to update, it simply quits and asks to cancel or continue, to try again, which it never does. Same behavior I have seen reported when trying to update to the newest FW update.

The good news is (to confirm what another said), you can get it from the iBasso site. It was reporting slow D/L speeds (495k/s), but in fact took only a few seconds on 100mb/sec connection.

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #10,484 of 14,593
I can also confirm that the new FW update is not the issue with OTA updates. Since mine hasn't been updated since Feb 2021, It sees that I have an update 1.03.241 (which appears to be pulled from iBasso website), but when trying to update, it simply quits and asks to cancel or continue, to try again, which it never does. Same behavior I have seen reported when trying to update to the newest FW update.

The good news is (to confirm what another said), you can get it from the iBasso site. It was reporting slow D/L speeds (495k/s), but in fact took only a few seconds on 100mb/sec connection.
Interesting. Mine updated find from. 3 to .4 via OTA. It's the update to .5 which called for the local update.

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #10,485 of 14,593
Interesting. Mine updated find from. 3 to .4 via OTA. It's the update to .5 which called for the local update.
Might be because I am going from .2 to .3 (it is what came up by default) but that update is not shown on the website, so maybe it actually doesn't exist at all. Interesting indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back