iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 2, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #10,486 of 14,596
Had to clear UAPP cache and storage, after that MQA has to be reconfigured.
Playing David Crosby - Croz MQA album and UAPP correctly shows 384.0 kHz and Orange LED
When you clear cache and storage, you also clear the previous configuration. If you look closely, BIT PERFECT is NOT activated. If you activate it again, it no longer does the complete ulfold. We must wait for the UAPP update

Best regards

Sisco

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #10,488 of 14,596
The cb16 cable (the purple one) is a great addition to the it07. In my opinion it's an upgrade sonically. More weight to the notes, more bass and i even think- more treble detail but smoother and better controlled. Staging is the same to my ears but the timbre is more mature and musical.

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #10,489 of 14,596
The cb16 cable (the purple one) is a great addition to the it07. In my opinion it's an upgrade sonically. More weight to the notes, more bass and i even think- more treble detail but smoother and better controlled. Staging is the same to my ears but the timbre is more mature and musical.
Yes. It completes it. Then paired with the DX300 is an excellent & beautiful synergy.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #10,492 of 14,596
I'm really looking forward to the impressions with the amp 12 NP mode. Did Steve say how long it would take? Or didn't they send it to him??
Unfortunately i got sick last 3 days so didnt send it. But im well now and already ordered the DHL sticker for tomorrow. Will see.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #10,493 of 14,596
Is rolling back to previous firmware possible?
Yes. Just download the FW version you want, and unzip to reveal the .txt file and other .zip file, and place it in root of SD or internal memory and do the same procedure as you would for a manual update. Basically the FW update is not just the update but the whole OS (ROM), so it makes it possible to easily upgrade/downgrade.
I have considered getting that cable, as I have seen them paired with it by multiple people. Though, I am not unhappy with the sound they currently have at all. We'll see what the future holds as to if I will?! :)

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #10,494 of 14,596
Yes. Just download the FW version you want, and unzip to reveal the .txt file and other .zip file, and place it in root of SD or internal memory and do the same procedure as you would for a manual update. Basically the FW update is not just the update but the whole OS (ROM), so it makes it possible to easily upgrade/downgrade.

I have considered getting that cable, as I have seen them paired with it by multiple people. Though, I am not unhappy with the sound they currently have at all. We'll see what the future holds as to if I will?! :)
The stock cable is great but the cb16 is better hah:) You dont lose any detail (actually you gain even more imho) but its delivered in a more sofisticated, controlled way. When switching between them i can hear better control on trebles and even more extension, and way more pleasurable, warmer mids on the cb16. There is also more sub bass kick and more mid bass which gives more weight to the notes, especially male vocals which are bit on the thinner side with the stock cable. The sound is just plain fantastic, very fluid and detailed at the same time. Just perfect.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #10,495 of 14,596
The stock cable is great but the cb16 is better hah:) You dont lose any detail (actually you gain even more imho) but its delivered in a more sofisticated, controlled way. When switching between them i can hear better control on trebles and even more extension, and way more pleasurable, warmer mids on the cb16. There is also more sub bass kick and more mid bass which gives more weight to the notes, especially male vocals which are bit on the thinner side with the stock cable. The sound is just plain fantastic, very fluid and detailed at the same time. Just perfect.
Is that an SPC cable?

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #10,497 of 14,596
Silver Copper Alloy
Ok... That explains why you are hearing those differences, but the cable must be pretty good also because I have switched to a few cables that are not pure silver. Difference is that I was using (my extras) cables that are fairly cheap; ie Tripowin C8, or Yin** 8 core, etc... and I have not heard that difference to the degree that you are talking about. Maybe I will reconsider.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #10,498 of 14,596
Ok... That explains why you are hearing those differences, but the cable must be pretty good also because I have switched to a few cables that are not pure silver. Difference is that I was using (my extras) cables that are fairly cheap; ie Tripowin C8, or Yin** 8 core, etc... and I have not heard that difference to the degree that you are talking about. Maybe I will reconsider.
I have the Tripowin C8 and its a great cable for the price but it doesnt compare to the cb16 and the 4 times price difference also plays the role. And i think that a very important factor is that the cb16 is made by iBasso so we are talking about the perfect synergy dx300-->cb16-->it07. Just like Dethonray prelude dtr1+ and Tender 1.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #10,499 of 14,596
I have the Tripowin C8 and its a great cable for the price but it doesnt compare to the cb16 and the 4 times price difference also plays the role. And i think that a very important factor is that the cb16 is made by iBasso so we are talking about the perfect synergy dx300-->cb16-->it07. Just like Dethonray prelude dtr1+ and Tender 1.
Agreed.

Maybe I will (after CNY) order one. In the meantime, maybe I will try the IT 01s Cable on the IT 07. They are very similar cables, but the one for the IT 01s is SPC (or silver-copper alloy, same(ish) thing as far as that goes), rather than pure silver. I CAN say I have tried a pure copper cable and did not like how much high-end I lost with that one.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #10,500 of 14,596
I have also tried many cables with the IT 07. I liked best a hybrid cable, 8 strands, 4.7 N OCC and 4 silver plated. The cable sounds better on the IT 07 than my Satin Audio Athena for 500 bucks. Had it handcrafted by a Vietnamese wire builder with rhodium connectors for 90 bucks. Very nice cable and just sounds fantastic. He also offers shipping abroad.
www.https://www.phukienaudio.com.vn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back