iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 2, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #10,516 of 14,596
Feb 2, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #10,517 of 14,596
@samandhi and @German Expat in Vietnam

I have many quality cables here from my more active days. Also ones actually already attached

I am in or around your age group. Test well for hearing each year

I dont recomend much gear usually - theres so many with so many lifestyles, intended uses, peoples tastes, budgets, hearing etc

But i can (and have said) say that IT07 with the purple CB16 is a great match and well worth it if you plan to keep them.

I have a lot of IEMs here and it is one of the few in my regular rotation (with the CB16).

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #10,518 of 14,596
Ibasso Cb16?
Yes
1643846160821.png

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #10,521 of 14,596
I put the stock silver cable from the it07 into my xelentos and wow, what a dynamics and smoothness. Even paired with my old pioneer xdp-300r it sounds great! Not so natural and wide of course but the quality boost is unexpectedly big. I think I have a backup more portable solution..
I can well imagine that the pure silver cable from the IT 07 goes well with the Xelentos. At that time I had an AK Chrystal Next cable on my AK 8 iE and 8 ie MKII. It sounded very good too. I mean it was also pure silver.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #10,522 of 14,596
I can well imagine that the pure silver cable from the IT 07 goes well with the Xelentos. At that time I had an AK Chrystal Next cable on my AK 8 iE and 8 ie MKII. It sounded very good too. I mean it was also pure silver.
Yeah true. And the Xelentos come with a standard pure silver cable too, unfortunately only 3,5mm. Have tried so many cables with them but mostly copper. Didnt expect that the pure silver will smoothen them out so greatly. Still they arent as layered, natural and wide sounding as the it07 with the cb16 cable but they are great with superb low/mid bass and now super smooth and detailed trebles with no previous peaks.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #10,524 of 14,596
I'm still looking for a replacement for the Hifiman Edition XS. Have now read many reports from the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire. It's said to have great synergy with the DX 300. It's interesting. It weighs little, easy to transport. Has anyone heard it???
Ive heard them briefly with the dx300 but only from 3.5 mm out. It was ok but less engaging than the beyerdynamic t5p 3rd (and i sent beyers back after 2 weeks tests). Aeons were more even but nothing special for me. But as i already wrote, im quite disappointed with full sized headphones in general so im not the best source of the information:)

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #10,528 of 14,596
I'm still looking for a replacement for the Hifiman Edition XS. Have now read many reports from the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire. It's said to have great synergy with the DX 300. It's interesting. It weighs little, easy to transport. Has anyone heard it???
I briefly tried Aeon 2 Noire and original A2C some time ago and liked A2C more. Can't remember exact details though(

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #10,529 of 14,596
I briefly tried Aeon 2 Noire and original A2C some time ago and liked A2C more. Can't remember exact details though(
By the way, AFAIK the only difference between these two are pads, and I remembered that Noire had more V-shaped sound which is a no-go for a "midhead" like me.
On a second thought, I'd also suggest trying Celestee as these seem to have better synergy with our DAP

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #10,530 of 14,596
I don’t know but I’m curious as to why you may ask?
I would like to know that, too. I didn't want the old version back. I would miss the sound improvement in Mango OS alone.
After I finally got to update the unit, a new challenger approaches. I mean, a new problem arises.
The play/pause button seems to be dead. Both next/previous work fine. Every button can be pressed normally but it is the play one that seems unable to forward the command.
The thing is, I can't know if the new firmware is to blame. The dap came literally yesterday and first thing I did was the update.
Obviously, I should have tested the button before updating.

Things I've tried:
-Factory reset
-Tinkering with the settings to see if play button can be disabled (not to my knowledge).
-Testing with Mango Player and UAPP (again, only previous/ next buttons work)

Anybody can shed any light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back