iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 2, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #10,501 of 14,596
Agreed.

Maybe I will (after CNY) order one. In the meantime, maybe I will try the IT 01s Cable on the IT 07. They are very similar cables, but the one for the IT 01s is SPC (or silver-copper alloy, same(ish) thing as far as that goes), rather than pure silver. I CAN say I have tried a pure copper cable and did not like how much high-end I lost with that one.
Yeah i agree, the pure copper would be too much for the it07. I tried them with my pure copper cable i use with the xelentos and didnt like the results as much. And the cable wasnt cheap, around 100e. So the combination of silver and copper seems perfect.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #10,502 of 14,596
I have also tried many cables with the IT 07. I liked best a hybrid cable, 8 strands, 4.7 N OCC and 4 silver plated. The cable sounds better on the IT 07 than my Satin Audio Athena for 500 bucks. Had it handcrafted by a Vietnamese wire builder with rhodium connectors for 90 bucks. Very nice cable and just sounds fantastic. He also offers shipping abroad.
www.https://www.phukienaudio.com.vn/
Thanks for sharing.

Do you find the rhodium works well with the IT 07? I have read that it has a different sound property overall vs. gold or copper.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #10,503 of 14,596
Yeah i agree, the pure copper would be too much for the it07. I tried them with my pure copper cable i use with the xelentos and didnt like the results as much. And the cable wasnt cheap, around 100e. So the combination of silver and copper seems perfect.
I have found that SPC has been the "sweet spot" for me also on most IEMs. The IT 07 has been the only one that I have stuck with the pure silver over time.

Thing is though, with the IT 07 I stuck with the pure silver because they are capable of putting out massive detail without being shrill (to me), and I am getting older and have medium hearing loss above 12k. So SPC or copper has blunted the highs for me to the extent that I keep coming back to the pure silver (stock) cable. But, you and @German Expat in Vietnam make a great case for the continuation of cable rolling.... :)

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #10,504 of 14,596
Thanks for sharing.

Do you find the rhodium works well with the IT 07? I have read that it has a different sound property overall vs. gold or copper.
Honestly I have no idea how the cable sounds with gold or copper connectors. But in theory the rhodium connectors should have a bit better conductivity. But do you hear any differences? I do not know. To be honest, I haven't given myself a headache yet. All I know is that the cable sounds great. The way Rigatio described it also comes with the cable. The purity of the copper plays a major role in my opinion. And 7 N OCC is already very good.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #10,505 of 14,596
I have found that SPC has been the "sweet spot" for me also on most IEMs. The IT 07 has been the only one that I have stuck with the pure silver over time.

Thing is though, with the IT 07 I stuck with the pure silver because they are capable of putting out massive detail without being shrill (to me), and I am getting older and have medium hearing loss above 12k. So SPC or copper has blunted the highs for me to the extent that I keep coming back to the pure silver (stock) cable. But, you and @German Expat in Vietnam make a great case for the continuation of cable rolling.... :)
@ Samandhi I don't know how old you are but I'll be 51 soon and the original cable causes some hard peaks in the upper midrange and highs on some songs. And male or female voices sound much slimmer.
Then everything seems to be fine with my ears.
Samanghi, if it starts with the silver cable and sounds really dull and veiled and there is almost no high tone left, I would go to the ear doctor very quickly. joke:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #10,506 of 14,596
Well, all I know is that I have had only 3 IEMs and 1 headphone in my rotation in the last few weeks with the DX312. The IT 07 (of course), the IT 01s, and the 7Hz Timeless for IEMs, and the Sennheiser HD700 for headphones. All of these sound absolutely fantastic with Amp12.

I had forgotten how good the HD700 can sound (with Oratory Auto-EQ on). These have the hugest soundstage and clearest sound, while somehow remaining musical. I like them better than the HD800 in most cases (which I no longer have access to, so going on possibly faulty memory).

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #10,507 of 14,596
@ Samandhi I don't know how old you are but I'll be 51 soon and the original cable causes some hard peaks in the upper midrange and highs on some songs. And male or female voices sound much slimmer.
Then everything seems to be fine with my ears.
Samanghi, if it starts with the silver cable and sounds really dull and veiled and there is almost no high tone left, I would go to the ear doctor very quickly. joke:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I will be 53 in April. And I heard those peaks in the beginning, but after conditioning, I no longer hear them, I simply hear details. I also don't find the mids to be thin. Maybe not as full as others I have had, but certainly not "$100 cheap IEM" thin...

LOL IKR? :scream:

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #10,509 of 14,596
Me too in April on the 17th Yes at the beginning so fresh out of the box I just found them cruel. I was totally disappointed. Luckily that was just the first impression. As I said, I personally like them better than my Mest MK II.
11th here... Nice!

Weird how that seems to have been the consensus on these OOTB. But now, I like them better than any other TOTL I have tried (to date). Of course, it might also have something to do with using them on my DX160 and DX300. They seem to synergize VERY well with these devices. I haven't listened to them out of any other source yet, so it IS possible that they may sound like crap out of something else.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #10,510 of 14,596
11th here... Nice!

Weird how that seems to have been the consensus on these OOTB. But now, I like them better than any other TOTL I have tried (to date). Of course, it might also have something to do with using them on my DX160 and DX300. They seem to synergize VERY well with these devices. I haven't listened to them out of any other source yet, so it IS possible that they may sound like crap out of something else.
Then you say something. I only heard them on the DX 312 and amp 11 MK I. I didn't like 11 MK I very much. Maybe I'll test it on the Hiby R6 Pro SS. But it probably won't sound as good as on the DX 312 W. The jump from 12 to 12 W was huge.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #10,511 of 14,596
Then you say something. I only heard them on the DX 312 and amp 11 MK I. I didn't like 11 MK I very much. Maybe I'll test it on the Hiby R6 Pro SS. But it probably won't sound as good as on the DX 312 W. The jump from 12 to 12 W was huge.
I haven't heard the MkI, but it seems as though you aren't the first person to not like the sound (even compared to the MKII). You should do that and let us know how the IT 07 sound comparatively?!

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #10,512 of 14,596
I haven't heard the MkI, but it seems as though you aren't the first person to not like the sound (even compared to the MKII). You should do that and let us know how the IT 07 sound comparatively?!
Unfortunately not possible at the moment. I have a loose contact on the MMCX socket. IT 07 is on the way to iBasso for repairs.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #10,513 of 14,596
Unfortunately not possible at the moment. I have a loose contact on the MMCX socket. IT 07 is on the way to iBasso for repairs.
Oh NO! Are they going to repair them, or give you a new pair?

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #10,514 of 14,596
I love this combo so much! Soo smooth and yet detailed. The stage is exceptional, very wide and opened. And this is with the amp11.2. The amp12 is already packed and will fly to the GB tomorrow. Can't even imagine how it will sound with the amp12 NP. Have had so many small up and downs with the dx300 (mainly pairing issues) but now it's PERFECT finally!

Attachments

• 20220202_225137.jpg
    20220202_225137.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #10,515 of 14,596
I love this combo so much! Soo smooth and yet detailed. The stage is exceptional, very wide and opened. And this is with the amp11.2. The amp12 is already packed and will fly to the GB tomorrow. Can't even imagine how it will sound with the amp12 NP. Have had so many small up and downs with the dx300 (mainly pairing issues) but now it's PERFECT finally!
Which cable is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back