iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #10,441 of 14,596
Place the firmware file in the root directory (that has all the DAP folders in it). Or you can have it on the microSD card's root directory. When you choose local update, tell the DX300 whether you want to update from the DAP or the SD card. Once you select the right directory, your firmware upgrade file should appear on the update screen. Then you can proceed. Hope this helps...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends
I haven't installed my sd card yet, so the local installer defaults to the internal storage. But all I see is a white, blank screen.. And I've followed the thread's advice about which file to transfer, smh :D

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #10,442 of 14,596
I did exactly what you describe. Where do you mean on the internal memory? No matter where I move the zip file, the local updater never reads it.
I just put the zip folder in the internal memory, no specific folder. Juste opened my dx300 on my pc and placed the folder outside of any folders which are on the dx300. My local updater found it without any problems.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #10,443 of 14,596
I haven't installed my sd card yet, so the local installer defaults to the internal storage. But all I see is a white, blank screen.. And I've followed the thread's advice about which file to transfer, smh :D
When you just copy/paste the correct zip folder which i mentioned, you go to settings > System > Updater > on the right corner of the screen you will find three dots, click on them > local update. Open it and the dx300 will immediately display the zip folder (DX300_full_ota_1.05.343) you placed in the internal memory. Click and it will start updating. In my case it took 3-4 min.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #10,444 of 14,596
When you just copy/paste the correct zip folder which i mentioned, you go to settings > System > Updater > on the right corner of the screen you will find three dots, click on them > local update. Open it and the dx300 will immediately display the zip folder (DX300_full_ota_1.05.343) you placed in the internal memory. Click and it will start updating. In my case it took 3-4 min.
That's the problem, the dap never displays thee zip file. I have already done a factory reset and tried again, but to no avail

I can try to download the update through the net on the player I guess!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #10,445 of 14,596
That's the problem, the dap never displays thee zip file. I have already done a factory reset and tried again, but to no avail

I can try to download the update through the net on the player I guess!
Thats strange, maybe try to paste the folder in different directory, Downloads or DCIM for example. Have no idea why it doesnt work in your case.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #10,450 of 14,596
Jesus Christ, found the culprit. Just has to click on the "internal storage" option. I thought it was a header, smh :D
Didn't know Jesus was into this. You are lucky he found the issue.

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #10,455 of 14,596
I am always open to ideas for an upgrade. I was looking at the Indigo for a while but I dont see a justifiable difference between it and MKII to warrant the $2000 price tag used. Then I thought about the Odin, but Odin is fatiguing so its a no go. Hence the reason I started looking for another way, the C9, to enhance the experience of the MKII.
I personally find the Indigo to be more than a subtle upgrade over the Mest2. Now I happen to have ears such that the Mest2s were entirely too hot in the lower treble. It ruined the tonality of some important instruments like piano and violin and any higher pitched synth. I also found the bass to be a bit undefined. Technically they were very interesting of course. But the Indigo is an upgrade tonally to the point where the midrange rivals my Monarch2s plus they have a deeper and yet more textured bass response. Most importantly the screech is almost entirely gone (there are some pianos that were just badly mic'ed and cannot be saved). In terms of original retail price the Indigos are only $1200 more. Used they are popping up for $2k, which is not terrible for such performance and is less than Odin for nearly equal technicalities and better overall tonal balance. To my ears, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back