iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #10,413 of 14,609
Yes I have both files. The only one I could get to work is the FWota by extracting it. The other file that works for you doesn't work for me.
Is there any link existing to download the correct file? Or its just a mysterious site which only a few people have an access to? Dont really understand why there are two different files for it. Which one is the ORIGINAL IBASSO OS FILE TO UPDATE?

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #10,419 of 14,609
So its the original one but already extracted from the bigger ZIP folder from iBassos website.

Exactly :wink:
There is no right or wrong file.
I have extracted original ZIP to make life easier for fellow members.
Also put notes along link.

Also, on CN or JP site there is only one ZIP file.
Still a mystery why iBasso put zip in zip only on ibasso.com.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #10,420 of 14,609
I just went to the Ibasso download site and it works fine for the DX300 FW, current. Maybe check your virus protection.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #10,421 of 14,609
Well Ibasso like to do things this way.

The downloaded file is a Zip file but it contains

*A firmware ZIP (do not extract this) this is the one you need to browse to and from the local updater
*A Note of updates

In order to get those 2 files from the downloaded file, you will need a mean to open the first downloaded zip file….

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #10,422 of 14,609
I've contacted Ibasso and they have officially confirmed the implementation of Korg Nutube amp into their amp13 module.
From my research, I think its logical to assume this will be a hybrid implementation with a solid-state amp. Nutube amp is a very lower-power mini-vacuum tube that will not provide the same kind of high fidelity if it were to be used alone. I'd assume the Nutube amp will be used to bring out a "tube-amp" flavor while mainly relying on a solid-state amp for its technical performance.

Although this technology is about five years old, I trust Ibasso that they will implement this amp very well :)

Specs on the Korg Nutube: https://diyaudiostore.com/products/korg-nutube
korg.jpeg

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #10,423 of 14,609
I've contacted Ibasso and they have officially confirmed the implementation of Korg Nutube amp into their amp13 module.
From my research, I think its logical to assume this will be a hybrid implementation with a solid-state amp. Nutube amp is a very lower-power mini-vacuum tube that will not provide the same kind of high fidelity if it were to be used alone. I'd assume the Nutube amp will be used to bring out a "tube-amp" flavor while mainly relying on a solid-state amp for its technical performance.

Although this technology is about five years old, I trust Ibasso that they will implement this amp very well :)

korg.jpeg
I sincerely hope the power output is better for AMP13 Nutube than AMP9.. AMP9 works fine with IEMs, but with headphones, it is a massive struggle.

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #10,424 of 14,609

Thats the logical way to go. I cant imagine the implementation of tubes only as it would give a very low power output in comparison to the previous dx300 amps. And the sound sig wouldnt change much vs the stock amps11 which are very tubey. Would be great to have a hybrid amp where the user can switch between solid state, hybrid and full tubes like on the ak sp2kT. I dont know if its possible as im a technical noob. But having the hybrid amp where the solid state is an upgrade to the amps 11.2,12 plus the tube flavor. Wow that would be a bulls eye!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #10,425 of 14,609
Having DX312 and Cayin C9 is it worth an amp13?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back