iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #10,429 of 14,596
Let us surprise ourselves. But for me it's quite clear if the amp 13 is like amp 9 and has less power than amp12 that I won't buy it.
i highly doubt that amp13 will have as much power as amp12, hopefully they can come close, like somewhere in between amp9 and amp12

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #10,430 of 14,596
Specs on the Korg Nutube:
From the diy link:

"As you might also conclude based on the audio performance measurements, I view the Nutube not so much as an active amplifying device as a signal processing element. Yes, it does provide voltage gain – but if accurate voltage gain is your goal, you are much better served by using other devices, both tube and solid state.

In a guitar amplifier, it can be used to provide distortion similar to that of a conventional tube, with much lower voltage and power requirements. In Hi-Fi, it can be used to emulate the harmonic characteristics of single-ended triode power amplifiers. Not everybody’s “cup of tea” to be sure, but it opens up some interesting possibilities."

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #10,431 of 14,596
From the diy link:

"As you might also conclude based on the audio performance measurements, I view the Nutube not so much as an active amplifying device as a signal processing element. Yes, it does provide voltage gain – but if accurate voltage gain is your goal, you are much better served by using other devices, both tube and solid state.

In a guitar amplifier, it can be used to provide distortion similar to that of a conventional tube, with much lower voltage and power requirements. In Hi-Fi, it can be used to emulate the harmonic characteristics of single-ended triode power amplifiers. Not everybody’s “cup of tea” to be sure, but it opens up some interesting possibilities."
Nutubes are better served on the input stage buffering rather than output stage amplifications. You don’t necessarily need 2 of them to offer balanced out either. However, if using only one of them, the requirement is to have the source feeding single ended signals into them. But Ibasso is very creative, we will learn soon as of what they have done for the next NuTubes.

It is interesting though , as we will be missing out from the tubes lights, we will get it from the LeD bar lol

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #10,434 of 14,596
How wonderful it would be to have Nutubes operating in Class A and Class AB modes in a portable DAP ? We have Cayin C9, but it is large and bulky for portability purposes.

All I could wish for is Ibasso delivering technical performance equal to DX312 in DX313, even it comes at the cost of having less power to drive some hungry headphones. Looking forward to the announcement soon.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #10,435 of 14,596
If hard to drive headphones are needed, then buy a high output desktop amp. I think that many great headphones are fairly easy to drive. Why buy a a great sports car that even if it put out 4 or 5 hundred horse power, then expect it to pull a horse trailer? lol. I had a sports car in 1972 and could put a small U Haul trailer with it, no issue but that was within reason, like a well done headphone. My analogy may not be spot on but look at what many decent sized daps are doing. Then choose one of many headphones or IEMs that provides great sound without being difficult to drive.

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #10,436 of 14,596
If hard to drive headphones are needed, then buy a high output desktop amp. I think that many great headphones are fairly easy to drive. Why buy a a great sports car that even if it put out 4 or 5 hundred horse power, then expect it to pull a horse trailer? lol. I had a sports car in 1972 and could put a small U Haul trailer with it, no issue but that was within reason, like a well done headphone. My analogy may not be spot on but look at what many decent sized daps are doing. Then choose one of many headphones or IEMs that provides great sound without being difficult to drive.
Understood. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #10,438 of 14,596
Guys I can't seem to get the local updater to work. Which folder on the dap should I place the zip file to?
This is the name of the zip folder you need to paste in your dx300 internal memory: "DX300_full_ota_1.05.343". You perform the update by clicking on this zip folder. So you need to extract the folder named "DX300FWota-1.05.343" manualy. Then you will find another folder inside named: "DX300FWota-1.05.343". Inside this folder you will find the proper zip folder which you copy to your dx300 and one txt file "readme" which you dont care about.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #10,439 of 14,596
This is the name of the zip folder you need to paste in your dx300 internal memory: "DX300_full_ota_1.05.343". You perform the update by clicking on this zip folder. So you need to extract the folder named "DX300FWota-1.05.343" manualy. Then you will find another folder inside named: "DX300FWota-1.05.343". Inside this folder you will find the proper zip folder which you copy to your dx300 and one txt file "readme" which you dont care about.
I did exactly what you describe. Where do you mean on the internal memory? No matter where I move the zip file, the local updater never reads it.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #10,440 of 14,596
Guys I can't seem to get the local updater to work. Which folder on the dap should I place the zip file to?
Place the firmware file in the root directory (that has all the DAP folders in it). Or you can have it on the microSD card's root directory. When you choose local update, tell the DX300 whether you want to update from the DAP or the SD card. Once you select the right directory, your firmware upgrade file should appear on the update screen. Then you can proceed. Hope this helps...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back