iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Nov 27, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #9,016 of 14,593
IMG_20211127_224632.jpg

I'll be damned!!
I am pretty shocked, never expecting such a great result.
This Amp 12 is pumping some serious voltage, it is driving the HD8XX like an OTL amp.
Seriously, very authorative for a battery powered portable device.
Highly dynamic, full sounding, great bass and with the NOS mode, very good timbral match.
OK, it is not going to make my Euforia obsolete but still unexpectedly good.
I like it better than the Cayin C9, don't know what is happening but the synergy is unbelievable.
In the next few days I might also test it with the HD650.
Now back to my wine and some Brahms...

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #9,017 of 14,593
IMG_20211127_224632.jpg
I'll be damned!!
This Amp 12 is pumping some serious voltage, it is driving the HD8XX like an OTL amp.
Highly dynamic, full sounding, great bass and with the NOS mode, very good timbral match.
I like it better than the Cayin C9, don't know what is happening but the synergy is unbelievable.
Yummy platers!!

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #9,020 of 14,593
Ok @Paul - iBasso please give us new amp! I want to spend some money!
I'm waiting for the release of the Resistor Ladder based R2R DAC DX340 that lets you use the amp cards from the DX300 (all 2 or 3 of them depending on how early you got your DX300)...after changing the faceplate to match the new chassis... :wink: :grin::laughing::joy::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #9,021 of 14,593
I'm waiting for the release of the Resistor Ladder based R2R DAC DX340 that lets you use the amp cards from the DX300 (all 2 or 3 of them depending on how early you got your DX300)...after changing the faceplate to match the new chassis... :wink: :grin::laughing::joy::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
-HK sends
If only that was true.

Nov 27, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #9,023 of 14,593
IMG_20211127_224632.jpg
I'll be damned!!
Now you can perhaps understand why I am so into the AMP 12. :relaxed::relaxed:

Nov 28, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #9,024 of 14,593
-HK sends
My first wish would be an AMP with tubes!

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #9,025 of 14,593
My first wish would be an AMP with tubes!
Or make the AMP 12 even better. Maybe with even more power. Then the battery levels would discharge even more evenly. Even without a line out, if you like. 4.4 only. But the whole thing was taken to extremes. Use only the finest components. The absolute non plus ultra amplifier !!!

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #9,027 of 14,593
I recently received the cable that Paul de Ibasso sent me from 4.4 to 3.5 and I connected the LO output of my dx300 with amp12 to the input of my ifi microidsd signature but I do not receive sound through the headphones ... you know it could be ? I understand that the optical 3.5 coaxial input of the ifi can be connected to the 3.5 cable, right?

Isn’t that “SPDIF” ? If it is, then it can only be taking in digital SPDIF signals and not analog line out signal from Amp12

Infact, you can use a 3.5 to 3.5 and plug from the spdif atop the dx300 into it154F9FD4-71B5-427D-996B-AEA98424B486.jpeg
I am running the same config and trying to get my micro iDSD Signature to connect via the SPDIF input from the DX300 coaxial output. I'm using a Alo Audio Portable Optical | Mini Optical To Optical Connector to make the connection. No signal is reaching the DAC. I can use the iFi OTG cable and connect via the USB C port and this mostly works, the connection is touchy and does not like to be moved.

Any suggestion on how to get the coaxial connection to work?

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #9,028 of 14,593
I am running the same config and trying to get my micro iDSD Signature to connect via the SPDIF input from the DX300 coaxial output. I'm using a Alo Audio Portable Optical | Mini Optical To Optical Connector to make the connection. No signal is reaching the DAC. I can use the iFi OTG cable and connect via the USB C port and this mostly works, the connection is touchy and does not like to be moved.

Any suggestion on how to get the coaxial connection to work?
I would reach out to iFi support. My guess would be the adapter your using isn't approved to work with the iDSD. Pure speculation on my part but that's what it sounds like to me.

I've owned iFi products and they do tend to be picky when it comes to cables.

Nov 28, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #9,029 of 14,593
I would reach out to iFi support. My guess would be the adapter your using isn't approved to work with the iDSD. Pure speculation on my part but that's what it sounds like to me.

I've owned iFi products and they do tend to be picky when it comes to cables.
I appreciate the response and that is an excellent call in regards to reaching out to support.

Nov 28, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #9,030 of 14,593
I am using the PO. And the case fits great and no rub of the volume wheel, a real quality look! Today I am going to try the LO with one of my good desktop amps, either the Manley Absolute or the LTA Z10e or maybe the . . . anyway, one of them but I expect good things.
When you connect it LO to the desktop amplifier, does the dx300's volume mute or do you have to set it to 100 and control it from the external amplifier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back