iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 2, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #9,076 of 14,596
Also Leute, ich habe heute neues Spielzeug bekommen. Nachdem mehrere Jungs so begeistert von der Kombination DX312 und iBasso IT 07 schwärmten, vor allem Expats in Japan und er sogar seine JH IEMs im Schrank gelassen hat, dachte ich, ich probiere sie mal aus. Der erste Eindruck ist im Allgemeinen recht gut. Aber es hatte sehr extreme obere Mitten für meine Ohren, was mir nicht so gut gefällt. Der Subbass und Midbass machten einen guten Eindruck. Die Höhe hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Auch die Klangbühne ist sehr breit. Ich möchte hoffen, dass sich die oberen Mitten nach dem Einbrennen noch glätten. Wie gesagt, das war der erste Eindruck direkt nach dem Auspacken. Ich dachte schon, dass es am reinen Silberkabel liegt. Nun, ich warte einfach ab, was in 50 Stunden ist. Aber nach 5 Minuten dachte ich, dass ein Kupferkabel vielleicht besser passt. Ansonsten tolles IEM mit schöner Verpackung.
Slap some Final Audio tips or narrow bore tips on them :wink:

I also use the ibasso CB16 cable (less ‘hot’ than the stock cable and more lush)

FDEACDB4-45DC-40F1-B894-BCE0427213E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #9,077 of 14,596
Slap some Final Audio tips or narrow bore tips on them :wink:

I also use the ibasso CB16 cable (less hot than the stock cable and more lush)
First thank you for the tips. As I said, I just heard quickly. I immediately attached the Sedna Xelastec. Actually my favorite of the comfort. But after the branding, I will try everything out. I also have a few different cables. I think the Cb 16 is a copper-silver mixture or am I wrong?

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #9,078 of 14,596
First thank you for the tips. As I said, I just heard quickly. I immediately attached the Sedna Xelastec. Actually my favorite of the comfort. But after the branding, I will try everything out. I also have a few different cables. I think the Cb 16 is a copper-silver mixture or am I wrong?
Yes. Copper silver

I use mostly spiral dots++ on many iems.

I have many tips

I found the final audio tips to match well with the IT07 after trying many tips

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #9,079 of 14,596
Yes. Copper silver

I use mostly spiral dots++ on many iems.

I have many tips

I found the final audio tips to match well with the IT07 after trying many tips
Yes, with the right tips you can achieve good results. I just tried out Final Audio E tips and listened to it briefly. It was more pleasant, not so extremely shrill. But they have only been branding for 3 hours. That will be fine and then the right cable then I think they will sound great.

Dec 2, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #9,081 of 14,596
What does not seem normal to me that a flagship of a renowned brand such as Ibasso is not going to get more than a single amplification module when previous models have had 4 and 5 ...

If they do not continue to support the device, I will be so disappointed that my next flagship will not be Ibasso again ...

Isn't the newest DX240 able to use the previous model amp modules?
That signals to me that even if the DX300 might be discontinued (due to an out of print DAC chip), iBasso might still be interested in using the same (larger DX300) form factor and continuing with the same Amp architecture.

For me personally, using the large form factor/screen of that size (6.5 inches) and quality makes it really hard to go back to the 4 inch screens of other DACs that I've had. Then again, I'm old and my vision went from like perfect 20/20 to Mister Magoo almost overnight when I got to my early 40's. I NEED the big screen - lol.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #9,083 of 14,596
crap every time the error with the translator. My English is not very well. Sorry !!!!

So guys i got new toys today. After several guys raved about the combination DX312 and iBasso IT 07 so enthusiastically, especially expat in Japan and he even left his JH IEMs in the closet, I thought I would try them out. The first impression is generally quite good. But it had very extreme upper mids for my ears, which I don't really like. The subbass and midbass made a good impression. I liked the heights very much. The sound stage is also very wide. I want to hope that the upper mids will still smooth out after the burn-in. As I said, that was the first impression straight out of the box. I already thought that it was due to the pure silver cable. Well, I'll just wait and see what's in 50 hours. But after 5 minutes I thought that a copper cable might fit better. Otherwise great IEM with nice packaging.

I had a very similar experience here. With my JH13 iems, with balanced silver dragon wire, I was able to compare the single ended versus balanced phone outputs for amp11, with the balanced clearly superior.

Last night I installed my amp12 and the balanced phone output took a huge jump in soundstaging and detail, cold/right out of the box. As you said, I also heard some roughness in the high end, but that was the first 10 minutes out of the box......I'm burning it in now and will listen again in a few days.

In the meantime, today I received the cables I need to use the dx300 balanced in my car's unbalanced system.
I have a 4.4mm trrrs plug for the ibasso splitting to dual XLR. At the other end, I have dual RCA to a 3.5 mini-stereo into the car aux input.

Scheduled to arrive Monday is a Jensen PO-2XR, which converts from XLR balanced to RCA unbalanced.

If the LO improvement in the car is proportional to the differences I hear with phone out going from amp11-se << amp11-bal << amp12-bal, my car system will be magical.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #9,084 of 14,596
Has anyone done a comparison, using the same music files on board the dx300 versus using the dx300 as a USB DAC?

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #9,087 of 14,596
Can anyone compare the dx311.2/12 with the ak se200? Have a chance to get one used for 1190e (but from the shop with 1 year guarantee).

I only had the AK SE200 for a few months last year but I thought it was a pretty cool DAP.
The AKM side was pretty engaging sounding, the vocals were more forward and the mids were a little pulled back from what I remember.
The ESS side was more neutral, with little to no coloration. Bass slam was more stronger than the AKM side.

In comparison to the DX300,
AMP11.5 and AMP12 are similar to AKM/ESS in the philosophy that AMP11mk2 is more colored than AMP12. Layering and dynamics are way better on the DX300 and I especially loved the more analog tuning of AMP11mk2 with my Solaris 2020 for an extra tubey fat sound.

The main reason I ditched the SE200 was becuase it couldn't drive my full sized headphones and the DX300 has plenty of power to satisfy me even with AMP11mk2 (AMP12 has even more juice).

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #9,088 of 14,596
I only had the AK SE200 for a few months last year but I thought it was a pretty cool DAP.
The AKM side was pretty engaging sounding, the vocals were more forward and the mids were a little pulled back from what I remember.
The ESS side was more neutral, with little to no coloration. Bass slam was more stronger than the AKM side.

In comparison to the DX300,
AMP11.5 and AMP12 are similar to AKM/ESS in the philosophy that AMP11mk2 is more colored than AMP12. Layering and dynamics are way better on the DX300 and I especially loved the more analog tuning of AMP11mk2 with my Solaris 2020 for an extra tubey fat sound.

The main reason I ditched the SE200 was becuase it couldn't drive my full sized headphones and the DX300 has plenty of power to satisfy me even with AMP11mk2 (AMP12 has even more juice).
Thanx! So now im getting dizzy from thinking about this eventual purchase because the offer is pretty good- the prize of the se200 is down like 520e. I have the dx300 with amps 11.2 and 12 and i love the sound (it even outclassed the ak1000m for me in all regards except the timbre which i liked a bit more on the 1000m). So in your opinion there is no point of switching to the se200? I love the sound of the dx300- the separation, staging, dynamics etc. I have only one small problem with it- its a little too sharp and i think the se200 would solve this problem as the sp1000M did. Or should i wait for eventual tube amp for the dx300 (but who knows if there will ever be one like this):)

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #9,089 of 14,596
Thanx! So now im getting dizzy from thinking about this eventual purchase because the offer is pretty good- the prize of the se200 is down like 520e. I have the dx300 with amps 11.2 and 12 and i love the sound (it even outclassed the ak1000m for me in all regards except the timbre which i liked a bit more on the 1000m). So in your opinion there is no point of switching to the se200? I love the sound of the dx300- the separation, staging, dynamics etc. I have only one small problem with it- its a little too sharp and i think the se200 would solve this problem as the sp1000M did. Or should i wait for eventual tube amp for the dx300 (but who knows if there will ever be one like this):)

I would definitely not switch from a DX300 to SE200 unless you demo'ed the SE200 and absolutely fell in love with it but I doubt it as the DX300 offers much more in terms of sound and flexibility than the closed-android environment of the SE200. I don't know which IEMs/Headphones you are using with the DX300 but for IEMs, I would say to change the ear tips to adjust to the tuning that you like on the DX300, for headphones, maybe switch the pads as well and try the combinations. It's probably a hectic process but I'm glad I did.

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #9,090 of 14,596
Great response thx! I have the beyers xelento. They are bit warmer and almost perfect with amps 11.2/12 but can be peaky on highs at times due to the tesla driver (less peaky with the amp12 but still bright). I already played with tips and found that the spin fits solve the problem but have an impression that the stage becomes a bit narrower (still not narrow at all but not as expanded as with the stock mushroom-like tips). Maybe any recommendations for other tips, Xelastecs? I did a small trick with the spin fits to get wider stage- i extended their nozle with 2mm wide ring cut from another tips. And now is great but still it is an unprofessional solution (but somehoww works).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back