iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 18, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #8,041 of 14,593
Hello to all, it's not clear about what I've read concerning Dx312 compatibility :
1) Is UAPP fully functional with DSD and Qobuz in Hires ?
2) is Neutron fully functional as dlna renderer, upnp access and not limited to 16b/44khz ?
3) I bought both app (UAPP/Neutron) through the official Play Store, do I have to buy again those APP apk for the DX300 and install through APK pure ?
4) is really Bluetooth DAC mode limited to AAC and SBC ? no LDAC ?
5) is the PEQ compatible with Bluetooth DAC and USB-C DAC ?
6) is USB-C compatible with an external SSD or even a second microSD Card Reader like any android 9 smartphone ?
best regards
  1. It is not with DSD (currently, but dev says they are working on it), but yes it is compatible with Qobuz
  2. Yes it is, and no it's not limited by the android stack.
  3. If you bought them via the Google Play store, you will need to install them using the play store from the same account that you originally purchased them from. If you download them from APK pure, you will have to purchase them again. But with the Dx300 you only need to use APK Pure to install Google Play Store and you can then download whatever you have previously purchased (using the same account to sign in).
  4. Yes it is limited to AAC and SBC.
  5. Yes it is compatible.
  6. AFAIK it is, but I haven't actually tried it. Stands to reason that it should work, because the DX300 is just like an android phone without the cellular signal (and MUCH better sound hardware). :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #8,042 of 14,593
  1. It is not with DSD (currently, but dev says they are working on it), but yes it is compatible with Qobuz
  3. If you bought them via the Google Play store, you will need to install them using the play store from the same account that you originally purchased them from. If you download them from APK pure, you will have to purchase them again. But with the Dx300 you only need to use APK Pure to install Google Play Store and you can then download whatever you have previously purchased (using the same account to sign in).
  5. Yes it is compatible.
  6. AFAIK it is, but I haven't actually tried it. Stands to reason that it should work, because the DX300 is just like an android phone without the cellular signal (and MUCH better sound hardware). :)
6) Wish what you say were true in all aspects, but the way Android OS is implemented here does not conform to Widevine DRM L1 specs, which means DX300 cannot stream HiRes video content sometimes (e.g. Netflix). Does not affect audio streaming, of course, but my idea to use it as a portable all-media player (and ditch smartphone) is dead in the water.

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #8,043 of 14,593
6) Wish what you say were true in all aspects, but the way Android OS is implemented here does not conform to Widevine DRM L1 specs, which means DX300 cannot stream HiRes video content sometimes (e.g. Netflix). Does not affect audio streaming, of course, but my idea to use it as a portable all-media player (and ditch smartphone) is dead in the water.
True! Despite the beautiful screen, I couldn’t enjoy high res movies streaming

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #8,044 of 14,593
True! Despite the beautiful screen, I couldn’t enjoy high res movies streaming
It's a shame, really. I thought, with such superior DAC system, great screen and very decent Amp in 12, it is at least equivalent to a top of the range smartphone + portable amp stack, but without the portability issues a stack creates. That would cater for all audiovisual needs. It may also be possible to pair it with Bluetooth headset to take advantage of voice data apps like Skype or FB Messenger. So all you'd then need is a cheapy mobile (not even a smartphone) for telephony functions. Alas that DRM thing is a big pain. Wish iBasso could do something about it.

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #8,045 of 14,593
  5. Yes it is compatible.

Thank you ..
I got answer on point 6 in DX300Max, as some already use 4Tb SSD with the Dx300.
But It seems PEQ shouldn't be compatible with USB and BT DAC functions.. though it's not a big deal, but it seems the limitation is concerned with the use of a limited FGPA.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...gb-ram-128gb-rom.958400/page-63#post-16512233

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #8,049 of 14,593
So, your saying that Amp 12 is more powerful than Amp11? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:wink:
Disclaimer: subjective objects ! If you don’t care about MicroSD that can degrade or upgrade your audio performances and that all MicroSD is the same, then don’t read on

This MicroSD is also similar to Sandisk Edges. Details, clarity, soundstage, dynamic!!! you may think the price is expensive but this one has 2.5x more memory capacity . If every bit matters, and last fractions and single percentage matter. Do yourself a favor and get either Edges or Micron 1Tb. It will stay for a good while. That you will even buy and sell from DAP to DAP over and over but your MicroSD will remains !

This is industrial grade, and is first of it kind with the world most advanced 1 Alpha DRAM fabrication technologies :wink:. Can only be found from Mouser

Part #: MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WTCS
A5FDE9E5-6B0E-4AC4-A667-A87C83FC5CE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #8,051 of 14,593
1 TB microSD cards are becoming a reality, what a time to be alive

Now I can take all my albums full MQA and DSD :)
It has been for a few years for consumer grade, just very expensive lol! But industrial grades have to be subjected to a much tougher and different grading levels. It is only available from a few months ago ….still very expensive

Aug 19, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #8,052 of 14,593
It has been for a few years for consumer grade, just very expensive lol! But industrial grades have to be subjected to a much tougher and different grading levels. It is only available from a few months ago ….still very expensive
I've been using the Sandisk ones which are now much more affordable. @Whitigir how much are the Micron ones?

Aug 19, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #8,053 of 14,593
Once more for people who keeps asking if Amp12 is more powerful than Amp11.

Yes, Amp12 is 8.3Vrms and Amp11 is 7.7Vrms
It doesn't seem like it is much of a difference in the powe department.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #8,054 of 14,593
You are right, I agree in everything. I also use Sedna Xelastec one size smaller as usual. The nozzle is wider but I already know that from my UM Mest MKII. But the sound of the Isas is really outstanding in the 1000 Bucks class. For example, I like the Isas better than Dorado 2020 and they cost almost twice as much, and above all, the included cable is a class better. After what I've read about the Isas, I thought the sound stage was very small, but with the AMP 12 that's perfectly fine. Very deep and holographic. And the representation of the singing is already on a very high level. Overall, the sound tuning is top notch !!
Do you think the Isabellae is suitable for rock and classic rock?

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #8,055 of 14,593
I've been using the Sandisk ones which are now much more affordable. @Whitigir how much are the Micron ones?
The Micron 1TB is almost 1000 dollars before tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back