iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 17, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #8,012 of 14,596
Not a noob question at all, I spent weeks looking this up and got confirmation from iBasso.

You can only go from balanced LO on the DX312 to single ended inputs, whether 3.5mm or RCA/Dual RCA if the cable you're using is wired so that the negatives are not being used.

You have 3 options for this:

DD HiFi DJ30A
Built specifically to turn a DAP's 4.4mm LO into a 3.5mm LO (assuming the DAP doesn't also have a 3.5mm LO, as they mention on their site)
Screenshot_20210816-220130_Chrome.jpg

iBasso 4.4mm to 3.5mm cable
This is a directional cable (i.e. you can't use it from a 3.5mm output to a 4.4mm input) that they include with their DX220 Max and DX300 Max. You can only get this by buying one of the aforementioned DAPs or contacting Paul at iBasso and see if they have one you can buy (I got lucky and bought one for $10 or so from them).
Screenshot_20210816-220621_Chrome.jpg

Have a custom cable made.
I contacted Norne Audio and DHC and neither were taking orders for that kind of cable because of the potential risk.
LQi has a 4.4mm to 3.5mm/Dual RCA cable listed on their website but I asked them how it was wired and it was wrong. Do NOT buy that.

My recommendation is the DD HiFi DJ30A as it is widely available and compact, with great build quality.

Edit: I now realize you might be intending to go from 4.4mm LO to balanced input on the amp, then single ended output from the amp, I think? In which case I am not sure, sorry lol. But usually better to keep all single ended or all balanced.
DD DJ30A won't damage amp? What do you think? Because as I know transformation from unbalanced to balanced is ok, meanwhile inverse one can be dangerous and somebody as I read in some forums burnt their gears.

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #8,013 of 14,596
DD DJ30A won't damage amp? What do you think? Because as I know transformation from unbalanced to balanced is ok, meanwhile inverse one can be dangerous and somebody as I read in some forums burnt their gears.
Will not be doing this, no worries. This would not solve the problem anyways, fuhransahis edited his post later.

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #8,014 of 14,596

Those particular options I listed won't damage it, confirmed both with iBasso and in practice on my end.

I had emailed iBasso directly asking how it would work with a cable going from 4.4mm balanced to single ended via LO, they said it could work only if the negatives aren't used.

The DD HiFi adapter has that purple chart there specifically for that reason, showing the negatives aren't used.

The iBasso 4.4mm to 3.5mm is, well, made by iBasso specifically for that purpose, and they bundle it with their DX220 Max and DX330 Max daps for that use. However they do note its directional, so you can only use the 4.4mm from an LO output to a 3.5mm input, not voce versa.

Will not be doing this, no worries. This would not solve the problem anyways, fuhransahis edited his post later.

Yep! Sorry for the confusion there and hope you find your solution.

I figured I'd leave the rest of the content there as I was looking for a way to use Amp 12 with single ended desktop amps and it took me weeks, figured others could find it useful too :)

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #8,015 of 14,596
Those particular options I listed won't damage it, confirmed both with iBasso and in practice on my end.

I had emailed iBasso directly asking how it would work with a cable going from 4.4mm balanced to single ended via LO, they said it could work only if the negatives aren't used.

The DD HiFi adapter has that purple chart there specifically for that reason, showing the negatives aren't used.

The iBasso 4.4mm to 3.5mm is, well, made by iBasso specifically for that purpose, and they bundle it with their DX220 Max and DX330 Max daps for that use. However they do note its directional, so you can only use the 4.4mm from an LO output to a 3.5mm input, not voce versa.

I figured I'd leave the rest of the content there as I was looking for a way to use Amp 12 with single ended desktop amps and it took me weeks, figured others could find it useful too :)
I appreciate your help bro!

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #8,016 of 14,596

Thank you very much for exhaustive kind of answer. This will help.
Is it valid for AMP11.1 too?

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #8,017 of 14,596
Thank you very much for exhaustive kind of answer. This will help.
Is it valid for AMP11.1 too?

I don't think so since that one has a 3.5mm LO.

I'm not sure how it'd go with using these adapters on the 4.4mm PO, both from a technical standpoint and a sound quality one since you'd be double-amping, might also have an effect on the amp you'd be double amping into cause of the high voltage via PO.

But, I also just don't know lol, this is my guessing on this one.

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #8,019 of 14,596
I was asking because I'm going to buy dx300 and I've got Hifiman Sundara, that are a just a bit hard to drive. So Idk if standard 3,5mm jack output will be strong enough to drive them well.

I would not think so off the top of my head, the 4.4mm output should be a far better option to drive them.

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #8,020 of 14,596
I was asking because I'm going to buy dx300 and I've got Hifiman Sundara, that are a just a bit hard to drive. So Idk if standard 3,5mm jack output will be strong enough to drive them well.
To be honest, for me 3,5 mm output on the dx300 is not comparable to the balanced out. Not only sound wise but its like over 4x weaker when it comes to the power.

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #8,021 of 14,596
Hello. I listened to the DX300MAX that I received a few days ago from yesterday. I burn-in right from the day I received it, and I started listening to it since yesterday. The manufacturer's manual also tells you how to burn-in using a burn-in jack in detail, saying that 100-200 hours of burn-in is required to achieve the best performance.

So I burn in for about 100 hours and have been listening since yesterday. What was it when you first heard it? It's not much different from my DX312 and it didn't have much of an impact. And, the first thing I was surprised to receive was the volume part. It was only by looking at the volume control that I immediately understood the true concept of the DX300MAX.
It's big, heavy, and it's cumbersome to charge, but it seems to pay off with the quality of the sound.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #8,022 of 14,596
Hello. I listened to the DX300MAX that I received a few days ago from yesterday. I burn-in right from the day I received it, and I started listening to it since yesterday. The manufacturer's manual also tells you how to burn-in using a burn-in jack in detail, saying that 100-200 hours of burn-in is required to achieve the best performance.

So I burn in for about 100 hours and have been listening since yesterday. What was it when you first heard it? It's not much different from my DX312 and it didn't have much of an impact. And, the first thing I was surprised to receive was the volume part. It was only by looking at the volume control that I immediately understood the true concept of the DX300MAX.
It's big, heavy, and it's cumbersome to charge, but it seems to pay off with the quality of the sound.
Congrats on your purchase! So how does it compare to the dx312? Is it significantly better?

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #8,024 of 14,596
hello good, someone can explain to me the exit lo and po
If I'm listening with headphones, what should I use? Thank you.

PO: Phone Out. Phone for Headphones.
LO: Line Out. Meant to be used when connecting to an external amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back