iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #8,056 of 14,593
The Micron 1TB is almost 1000 dollars before tax.

Where are you seeing that price?

On Mouser given the part number he wrote I see $388.

Granted still not cheap and will be something I consider a wee bit later on 😅

Screenshot_20210820-003443_Chrome.jpg

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #8,057 of 14,593
Where are you seeing that price?

On Mouser given the part number he wrote I see $388.

Granted still not cheap and will be something I consider a wee bit later on 😅

Screenshot_20210820-003443_Chrome.jpg
I looked it up on my phone, going to Mouser but now I see the price you show and one for 460 dollars or near that. Two different cards for 1tb. Not sure of the difference.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #8,058 of 14,593
I looked it up on my phone, going to Mouser but now I see the price you show and one for 460 dollars or near that. Two different cards for 1tb. Not sure of the difference.

No clue on my end either lol

I was curious for a sec, not yet ready for the SD card rabbit hole

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #8,059 of 14,593
No clue on my end either lol

I was curious for a sec, not yet ready for the SD card rabbit hole
Digikey also has the Micron micro SD card.

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #8,060 of 14,593
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #8,061 of 14,593
:wink:
Disclaimer: subjective objects ! If you don’t care about MicroSD that can degrade or upgrade your audio performances and that all MicroSD is the same, then don’t read on

This MicroSD is also similar to Sandisk Edges. Details, clarity, soundstage, dynamic!!! you may think the price is expensive but this one has 2.5x more memory capacity . If every bit matters, and last fractions and single percentage matter. Do yourself a favor and get either Edges or Micron 1Tb. It will stay for a good while. That you will even buy and sell from DAP to DAP over and over but your MicroSD will remains !

This is industrial grade, and is first of it kind with the world most advanced 1 Alpha DRAM fabrication technologies :wink:. Can only be found from Mouser

Part #: MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WTCS
A5FDE9E5-6B0E-4AC4-A667-A87C83FC5CE8.jpeg
Do you know the difference between 1WTCS and 1WT?

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #8,062 of 14,593
Do you think the Isabellae is suitable for rock and classic rock?
The Isabellae is great for rock, classic rock, progressive, metal...

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #8,064 of 14,593
Do you know the difference between 1WTCS and 1WT?
That I tried to find out and I couldn’t find the answer still. I know the 1WT came out the latest and more expensive. I imagine you can’t go wrong with the more expensive version given the cheaper one already has jaw dropping performances
The CS is for C series and blank is standard
Ah... that's a pretty penny...
The most expensive price on mouser is about $500, I don’t see the $1k version though
Yes, digikey has it at cheaper price for $350

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #8,065 of 14,593
Do you think the Isabellae performs above its price range?
The Isabellae is great for rock, classic rock, progressive, metal...
I think the Isas play everything very well. Personally, I also like them very well with jazz, they also sound great with Latino music, salsa, samba, actually everything with a lot of instruments and vocals. In any case, you should think of a cable like the Dunu Blanche for more clarity and airiness. I use the Satin Audio Athena, which is a pure silver cable that has been coated with palladium. I hear an extension at both ends, bass sounds cleaner and has more structure, the middle bass is better, voices sound even more organic and natural, treble gets more sparkle and everything sounds airier. Even details come into their own. The original cable is very good, but it sounds a bit veiled. And yes it far exceeds its price range. I like it much better than my Campfire Dorado 2020.

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #8,066 of 14,593
disclaimer: subjective matters, please ignore if memory cards isn’t something in your priority. After all, they are used to store your music and play back. Just a storage medium. Only read on if different type of tapes and vinyl weight or cables or everything will effect your sound quality and your are seeking for the best performances possible

Some more detailed comparisons between Sandisk Edge VS Micron 1TB

Capacity limits : Edges cap out at 400Gb VS Micron 1Tb

Signatures: Edges is more musical, Micron is more resolving. Edges textures is smoother vs Micron crispier

Edges is more forgivable on bad recordings, harsh distortions and clipping is easier to withstand, Micron will spit it in your ears and is very unforgiving but trade off for a lot more details that is easier to observe on Micron.

Conclusions: both Edges and Micron will bring the next improvements to the system overall with the improvements of

Better bass fidelity and articulations, more accurate density and overal presentations, larger soundstage in all axis, better clarity, better details and cleaner back ground, better dynamic

The differences signatures between Edges and Micron if can be elevated into DAP signatures would be Walkman (edges) vs Astel&Kern. If speaking about cables terms, Edges would be Silver/Gold alloys and Micron would be Ultra Pure Silver Litz. If speaking of simplistic terms, Edges is musical and Microns is resolving
If you ask me whether to upgrade your MicroSD or Cables ? I would opt for MicroSD every given chance , but why not both ? 🤨

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #8,067 of 14,593
It has been for a few years for consumer grade, just very expensive lol! But industrial grades have to be subjected to a much tougher and different grading levels. It is only available from a few months ago ….still very expensive

Ah, this reminds me that almost all storage I'm using for PC is industrial and server grade. I do not think it makes a difference in sonics, but with all the sensitive project data, I am always paranoice about a SSD / HDD dying. And this is running cloned disks to keep data redundancy.

Some music I ripped from CDs is sensitive too, no more CDs available, my own CDs rot, so it became very hard to find certain stuff. Some of it is still in Mp3 and I can't do nothing to save it, the artists themselves don't sell the music anymore on any platform :frowning2:

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #8,068 of 14,593
Ah, this reminds me that almost all storage I'm using for PC is industrial and server grade. I do not think it makes a difference in sonics, but with all the sensitive project data, I am always paranoice about a SSD / HDD dying. And this is running cloned disks to keep data redundancy.

Some music I ripped from CDs is sensitive too, no more CDs available, my own CDs rot, so it became very hard to find certain stuff. Some of it is still in Mp3 and I can't do nothing to save it, the artists themselves don't sell the music anymore on any platform :frowning2:
Store them on HDD or nvme in a corner :wink:

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #8,070 of 14,593
I have one internal HDD and one External HDD that are syncing all the times, but I am still a bit paranoid about it
I understand completely, if you have collected Tb of high quality purchased musics, they are not only just a lot of money but also priceless. Oh well, at least with vinyl, the worse is that you just move everything and make sure to have physical storage space with proper handling….with digital, they may decide to one day give up on you by themselves lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back