iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 16, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #6,571 of 14,596
Sorry my bad men

Sorry that came out a bit wrong lol…
meant R2R dac’s are better left on and burn in like tube amps 🤪
A reason why R2R is better left on is due to the Temperature drift, which is the biggest faults of R2R by nature.

The temperature inside the enclosure or the chassis would change over a period of operations VS when it is cold and just got turned on. There is really no way to verify or to have the manufacturer to clarify at what temperature internally that they referred to while making the sound tuning of the algorithms. However, because the changes from cold to warmer temperatures are observable, the users most of the time out of convenience just choose to have it on constantly warmed rather than having it changed from cold into warmer conditions.

MSB and Rockna as the Pioneers of R2R makers, both are using FPGA and Ovent controlled enclosures to make sure that when it is cold cranked, it can quickly raise into the temperature that they optimized the whole system for, and once it is there, the heating element just automatically switched off. Those are not cheap though

Beside temperature drifts, there are many other conditions and instances that can hugely effect R2R as a system itself :wink:.

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #6,572 of 14,596
A reason why R2R is better left on is due to the Temperature drift, which is the biggest faults of R2R by nature.

The temperature inside the enclosure or the chassis would change over a period of operations VS when it is cold and just got turned on. There is really no way to verify or to have the manufacturer to clarify at what temperature internally that they referred to while making the sound tuning of the algorithms. However, because the changes from cold to warmer temperatures are observable, the users most of the time out of convenience just choose to have it on constantly warmed rather than having it changed from cold into warmer conditions.

MSB and Rockna as the Pioneers of R2R makers, both are using FPGA and Ovent controlled enclosures to make sure that when it is cold cranked, it can quickly raise into the temperature that they optimized the whole system for, and once it is there, the heating element just automatically switched off. Those are not cheap though

Beside temperature drifts, there are many other conditions and instances that can hugely effect R2R as a system itself :wink:.
Ok cool thanks 🍻

Back on topic does anyone know if iBasso intend to bring out a Nutube amp card for the DX300?…if so take my money 👍

Jun 17, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #6,575 of 14,596
so after some (well. a little bit more than "some"...) experimentation with digital filters, I think I've settled with D4. to my ears it has a "sparky" fun tuning that I like, with a well controlled and punchy bass. closely followed by D2, little less sparky but slightly more refined mids and bass.
could be my specific setup (cables-iems-ears) but - even if possibly the most "musical" (whatever it may means) - I find the D5 too veiled, and for this reason it's my least preferred. maybe with a different iem (specifically an iem with more extended/elevated highs) could become my preferred one. the other ones (D1, D3) is somewhere in the middle, but closer to D2 rather than to D5.
this is with DX300 Amp11MKII - Mangird Tea, cables various but mainly the one provided with the Tea.
on a A/B comparison with the same cable-iem and my secondary desktop rig (Auralic Vega+TaurusMKII) I find the DX300+D4 superior (!!!!!), and on pair with my second primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 2A3). the only desktop rig I find superior is my first primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 300B). of course, makes no sense to compare to my estat rigs (well, if someone knows how to connect an IEM to a KG Grounded Grid, let me know :D :D )
this DX300 is an incredible perfomer :L3000: :L3000: :L3000:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #6,576 of 14,596
so after some (well. a little bit more than "some"...) experimentation with digital filters, I think I've settled with D4. to my ears it has a "sparky" fun tuning that I like, with a well controlled and punchy bass. closely followed by D2, little less sparky but slightly more refined mids and bass.
could be my specific setup (cables-iems-ears) but - even if possibly the most "musical" (whatever it may means) - I find the D5 too veiled, and for this reason it's my least preferred. maybe with a different iem (specifically an iem with more extended/elevated highs) could become my preferred one. the other ones (D1, D3) is somewhere in the middle, but closer to D2 rather than to D5.
this is with DX300 Amp11MKII - Mangird Tea, cables various but mainly the one provided with the Tea.
on a A/B comparison with the same cable-iem and my secondary desktop rig (Auralic Vega+TaurusMKII) I find the DX300+D4 superior (!!!!!), and on pair with my second primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 2A3). the only desktop rig I find superior is my first primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 300B). of course, makes no sense to compare to my estat rigs (well, if someone knows how to connect an IEM to a KG Grounded Grid, let me know :D :D )
this DX300 is an incredible perfomer :L3000: :L3000: :L3000:

Aside from the fact that you have very impressive 3 desktop rigs, @phaeton70 (and am very envious), the DX300 Amp12 is also great with its LO as well to the desktop amps. I also use the Spdif to my desktop DACs as a digital transport for streaming apps. That’s how I use my DX300 with my electrostatic amps and my electrostatic ear speakers. Hope that helps.

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #6,578 of 14,596
... the DX300 Amp12 is also great with its LO as well to the desktop amps. I also use the Spdif to my desktop DACs as a digital transport for streaming apps. That’s how I use my DX300 with my electrostatic amps and my electrostatic ear speakers. Hope that helps.
yes, agreed. the pure-DAC performances of the DX300 is really good, the 4.4 LO is really impressive :D

btw, anyone using the DX300 with the AAW x CustomArt IEM? how's the pairing?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #6,579 of 14,596
Hello, dx300 came today and im happier than expected. Just had 3 hours of listening so need to wait at least 50 hours of burn in. But so far im more than happy. Have a question: Ive copied 50 gb of my music to the internal storage and have a problem with entering the folders via folder browse in Mango player mode. It works via Album, Artist etc but i dont like this type of browsing my music. I always use Folder structure. When I enter Music Folder, I cant enter particular folders with tracks. Its not responding, no action. It works on android mode and on UAPP. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #6,580 of 14,596
Hello, dx300 came today and im happier than expected. Just had 3 hours of listening so need to wait at least 50 hours of burn in. But so far im more than happy. Have a question: Ive copied 50 gb of my music to the internal storage and have a problem with entering the folders via folder browse in Mango player mode. It works via Album, Artist etc but i dont like this type of browsing my music. I always use Folder structure. When I enter Music Folder, I cant enter particular folders with tracks. Its not responding, no action. It works on android mode and on UAPP. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Did you “scan library“ ?

Welcome to the club

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #6,581 of 14,596
When is iBasso gonna update the Mango OS, it is riddled with navigation and some functioning issues that just kills the experience, this is why most DX300 users will use only the app in Android mode.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #6,584 of 14,596
Just listening wish you were here live at Knebworth 90 on Amp12... mi god! I have chills and nearly crying
Thank you very much Ibasso :gs1000smile::beerchug:
Agreed, Amp12 is amazing. The fact that it has 4x output transistors that I love so much in the MkII Amp11 (only has 2X), together with the discrete voltage rails. It is most definitely an improved and upgraded in architecture over the Amp11 MKII. Sound signatures and preferences aside, and beside the tuning, the Amp12 is superior in every aspects

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back