iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 17, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #6,586 of 14,596
Agreed, Amp12 is amazing. The fact that it has 4x output transistors that I love so much in the MkII Amp11 (only has 2X), together with the discrete voltage rails. It is most definitely an improved and upgraded in architecture over the Amp11 MKII. Sound signatures and preferences aside, and beside the tuning, the Amp12 is superior in every aspects

Well I haven't tested AMP11mk2 so I wouldn't know but I like to have AMP11 mk1 for its tubey quality, it shouldn't be forgotten I find it has a unique touch I love...
Pretty happy with AMP12 as well and it's not fully burnt in yet. Toying with pairings with my collection I am having a pretty nice time. Wish those screws were bigger I admit better lay things on a stable and clear surface to avoid loosing them.

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #6,587 of 14,596
And you've got a lot of toys for playing :wink:
Did you try the pairing with dunu Luna? I've seen your review of this iem.
I didn't have problem with the screws despite my big fingers :vulcan: lol
Even if you loose one there's a total of 4 screws (2 olds and the 2 news) 😁

Jun 17, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #6,588 of 14,596
Enjoying my first day with the dx300. Didnt expect that i will like the volume knob. This was the only thing which really disgusted me when looking at the photos (on pictures it looks cheap and plasticky) but wow. In person its really solid chunk of metal- brass or copper? It is mounted very securely in the case. I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I have some questions, maybe someone could clarify these things for me:

battery charging. I have standard samsung charger (for s20 model). it charges digital battery very fast. But with analog battery is different story. It charged fast and then almost stopped- was very very slow. Then I tried to charge from my pc and analog battery started chargind fast and the digital one slowed down (but still was charging at normal speed - from-pc-like). Is it normal? Or should i get some 60W charger to have this process equall for both batteries?

Jun 17, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #6,590 of 14,596
Batteries charger are related to the FPGA within the Dx300 itself. So.....just as long as it is charging both batteries, then you are all good
Thank you for your response. So i guess its normal that each battery charges at a different rate? Is battery formatting necessary? I know that this process is no longer required in new smartphones.

Jun 17, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #6,591 of 14,596
Sorry for being annoying but have one more question related to this led indicator. When i play music through dadicated Mango Mode, there is no light. When playing on Android mode- both Mango and UAPP, only the green light is on. It doesn't matter if it plays flac, mp3, dsd, hi-res flac, mqa- only green light. I have the latest soft installed.

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #6,592 of 14,596
Sorry for being annoying but have one more question related to this led indicator. When i play music through dadicated Mango Mode, there is no light. When playing on Android mode- both Mango and UAPP, only the green light is on. It doesn't matter if it plays flac, mp3, dsd, hi-res flac, mqa- only green light. I have the latest soft installed.
Mango OS Mode's LED and volume set options are different from the android app settings and you must enable/set it separately in the Mango OS. You probably have to enable LED option in Mango OS settings.

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #6,594 of 14,596
For people who have been wondering between MAX — DX300 and Amp12

The Main question “Is Dx300 on the tier and upto par ?”

The Main answer “Yes!!!!!”

Detailed impressions

the Max and the Dx300 are both an excellent offer from Ibasso as a brand itself. Needless to say that both are very innovative with dedicated batteries and so on. I am sure if you are loving and looking for these 2 players then you should already realized the differences.

The Max is very powerful for an all in one DAP, thick, heavy, where as the Dx300 now with it Amp12 is having almost similar voltage output. This is why the question existed from the first place.

If you have been waiting and you have been eyeing Dx300, then it is worth every penny. It is smaller than Max, lighter, faster , better UI, and is future proof for a few years to the least. The Amp11 MKII stock is still going to satisfy many people, and the Amp12 is another beast.

So, with all the sound signatures differences put aside. We will be looking into imagings, separations and layerings. The Dx300/12 offers a deeper depth of field with a soundstage that it even larger than Max. This is a combinations of many thing, but I suspect that the 4 DAC inside and the 4X transistors output are dedicatedly implemented to maximize the crosstalk and totally catering to each separate signals lines ? Together with the little recessed mid, the Dx300/12 is better than Max here. However, in compromises, Max seems more natural in it presentations where as Dx300/12 is a little artificial. But that is just me, nevertheless, Dx300/12 do have pretty good soundstage here VS Max, and with all things considered, I will rate Dx300/12 = MAX with different practicalities and sound signatures
Now for Layering and separations , the Dx300/12 also has a cleaner and more vivid textures with better fidelity, and especially in NOS filters, the Dx300/12 has a much more natural and musical approach rather than a little technical and analytical Max. The textures on Max in comparison seems more artificial than Dx300/12 here. So until this point, I will have to give an edges over to Dx300/12 for these points over the MAX

Yes, Max will offer a different sound signatures and was the best of Ibasso from last year and even up until now, then the Dx300/12 has caught up. I am surprised that Ibasso have caught up quickly !!! But it isn’t unexpected though.

My conclusions: Dx300 is worth it to be a flagship. I know other companies like Cayin and AK are into DAC/Amp modular designs. But from all of my experiences, the 2 most important is your Digital processor , or the digital transports, and then amplifier . Once you have these 2 done right, the result is mind boggling. Dx300 is the answer to that, an innovative quad DAC with FPGA and powerful SOC with dedicated OS dual modes. Then modular amplifier. The proof is that Amp12 is such a capable and wonderful amp that has elevated the Dx300 into similar tier and category to the former flagship Dx220MAX (mind you that it has different signatures)
This means that there are more to come, and with Amp12, if you are not so much into the tuning and it signatures, you can further bring it to an upgrade with an external amplifier, such as Cayin C9, which has different modes and classes to enjoy with :wink:
Yes! Dx300 is a good flagship DAP, and up until this point, it will has all of my votes for an affordable and values for the money
ED939782-DB41-470E-801E-C41ACFDD3F36.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #6,595 of 14,596
so after some (well. a little bit more than "some"...) experimentation with digital filters, I think I've settled with D4. to my ears it has a "sparky" fun tuning that I like, with a well controlled and punchy bass. closely followed by D2, little less sparky but slightly more refined mids and bass.
could be my specific setup (cables-iems-ears) but - even if possibly the most "musical" (whatever it may means) - I find the D5 too veiled, and for this reason it's my least preferred. maybe with a different iem (specifically an iem with more extended/elevated highs) could become my preferred one. the other ones (D1, D3) is somewhere in the middle, but closer to D2 rather than to D5.
this is with DX300 Amp11MKII - Mangird Tea, cables various but mainly the one provided with the Tea.
on a A/B comparison with the same cable-iem and my secondary desktop rig (Auralic Vega+TaurusMKII) I find the DX300+D4 superior (!!!!!), and on pair with my second primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 2A3). the only desktop rig I find superior is my first primary rig (MSB Analog+Halgo 300B). of course, makes no sense to compare to my estat rigs (well, if someone knows how to connect an IEM to a KG Grounded Grid, let me know :D :D )
this DX300 is an incredible perfomer :L3000: :L3000: :L3000:
D4 for me too, for my post-punk, darkwave and metalcore collection out of Mango. I am also pondering getting the Amp12, even though I have no external amp to use the LO with. I find MKII's forward mids sometimes a bit too lively for those genres with my iems, which already have strong mids. But the clarity and separation is awesome, so much so that lower quality files can be offputting when you have listened to better ones.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #6,596 of 14,596

Detailed impressions

the Max and the Dx300 are both an excellent offer from Ibasso as a brand itself. Needless to say that both are very innovative with dedicated batteries and so on. I am sure if you are loving and looking for these 2 players then you should already realized the differences.

The Max is very powerful for an all in one DAP, thick, heavy, where as the Dx300 now with it Amp12 is having almost similar voltage output. This is why the question existed from the first place.

If you have been waiting and you have been eyeing Dx300, then it is worth every penny. It is smaller than Max, lighter, faster , better UI, and is future proof for a few years to the least. The Amp11 MKII stock is still going to satisfy many people, and the Amp12 is another beast.

So, with all the sound signatures differences put aside. We will be looking into imagings, separations and layerings. The Dx300/12 offers a deeper depth of field with a soundstage that it even larger than Max. This is a combinations of many thing, but I suspect that the 4 DAC inside and the 4X transistors output are dedicatedly implemented to maximize the crosstalk and totally catering to each separate signals lines ? Together with the little recessed mid, the Dx300/12 is better than Max here. However, in compromises, Max seems more natural in it presentations where as Dx300/12 is a little artificial. But that is just me, nevertheless, Dx300/12 do have pretty good soundstage here VS Max, and with all things considered, I will rate Dx300/12 = MAX with different practicalities and sound signatures
Now for Layering and separations , the Dx300/12 also has a cleaner and more vivid textures with better fidelity, and especially in NOS filters, the Dx300/12 has a much more natural and musical approach rather than a little technical and analytical Max. The textures on Max in comparison seems more artificial than Dx300/12 here. So until this point, I will have to give an edges over to Dx300/12 for these points over the MAX

Yes, Max will offer a different sound signatures and was the best of Ibasso from last year and even up until now, then the Dx300/12 has caught up. I am surprised that Ibasso have caught up quickly !!! But it isn’t unexpected though.

My conclusions: Dx300 is worth it to be a flagship. I know other companies like Cayin and AK are into DAC/Amp modular designs. But from all of my experiences, the 2 most important is your Digital processor , or the digital transports, and then amplifier . Once you have these 2 done right, the result is mind boggling. Dx300 is the answer to that, an innovative quad DAC with FPGA and powerful SOC with dedicated OS dual modes. Then modular amplifier. The proof is that Amp12 is such a capable and wonderful amp that has elevated the Dx300 into similar tier and category to the former flagship Dx220MAX (mind you that it has different signatures)
This means that there are more to come, and with Amp12, if you are not so much into the tuning and it signatures, you can further bring it to an upgrade with an external amplifier, such as Cayin C9, which has different modes and classes to enjoy with :wink:
Yes! Dx300 is a good flagship DAP, and up until this point, it will has all of my votes for an affordable and values for the money
@Whitigir Hey there! Something that really impresses me with the DX220MAX is the note weight/density generally and also the bass impact.
Wondering how you feel the DX300 with AMP12 compares with regards to those two things?
Am still burning mine in for a good few days yet, haha

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #6,597 of 14,596

Detailed impressions

Nice impressions! Is this out of PO or LO?

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #6,599 of 14,596
Nice impressions! Is this out of PO or LO?
PO , the LO is even more impressive. But it would heavily depend on the amplifier that you are pairing with. I thought someone shared a picture of what seems to be Ibasso external amplifier. I am not sure of what it is, but I can say for sure that a Cayin C9 and the Dx300/12 is a super nice transportable setup that can drive phones and iems

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #6,600 of 14,596
PO , the LO is even more impressive. But it would heavily depend on the amplifier that you are pairing with. I thought someone shared a picture of what seems to be Ibasso external amplifier. I am not sure of what it is, but I can say for sure that a Cayin C9 and the Dx300/12 is a super nice transportable setup that can drive phones and iems

Thanks Vince. That's really good to hear, I'll only be using straight out of the PO but will be picking one up soon :). I'm so impressed with the DX300 using AMP11 MK1 already, so much more so than M8. Such an amazing sounding DAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back