iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 13, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #5,360 of 14,593
This MkII is extremely good. Yet while it has a different signatures than Amp8EX and DX220. It actually is also an improvement in technicalities. The sections of lower trebles is with much more defined textures and vivid extensions that are packed with full energies. The synthetic EDM plays and cymbal splashes are very satisfying, the wind and brass instruments are excellent in their own portrait

it is doing that while remaining so clean and clear with the cleanest background compare to MKI , expansive soundstage in Low gain and NOS mode.

The limited Amp8EX while was great for the older flagship, is actually surpassed with this Amp11MKII by textures and resolutions

I don’t want to even think about places or any possibilities to modify this Amp11 MKII anymore. Any changes would be “messy”, it is just perfect “as is”

So if you already have MKI, you would probably feel offended. You shouldn’t be, the idea of being modular is exactly this, to be able to roll your most cherish and enjoyable signatures for yourself with the amp module. Amp11 MKI can no longer be purchased, where as my personal opinion, the MKII is the one that DX300 deserves to be with and heard. However, it is an on going productions. So, if you love Limited edition, nothing is as limited as Amp8EX (dx220) and MKI (dx300)

This new MkII has proven to me that Ibasso has always been pursuing relentlessly for audio performances, and will do everything Ibasso could to bring the most “joys” for the customers. While it isn’t officially listed on the website yet, which I hope @Paul - iBasso will have it listed soon, I have seen a few people to confirm that they could email Paul and place an order, which I did. With the excellent customer service and fast respond time (sometimes too fast that I think Paul is a bot), you as a customer are much more satisfied with Ibasso than any other brands.

The DX300 originally was the most diverse signatures derived away from Ibasso sound signatures that I have known by far. However, with the MkII, I can see that Ibasso is back at the top of the game, yet with a bit of differences such as density (as dense as Dx160 or even denser) while being accurate which is almost spot on in transients, decays, density, and most overall the tonal balances. The Dx300 with MkII is with pumping but satisfying bass quality and quantity that would make you question yourself....Had you been compromised with the previous flagships from other products ? Or is Dx300 and MKII a bassy player ?
For my own opinion, the answer is pretty easy, we had not been able to achieve this level of spot on density, energy, decay, speed as in Live Performances by digital player yet, well....except the DMP Z1 (Also, the Max is great but it speed and decay is still a bit too fast, still is the indisputable champion of dx200 platform). The DX300 and MKII actually open a new path of performances which will aim even higher than what we have known and adored with DX220, and the build quality of SOC, UI, MangoOS, modular amp, are the indicators that the Dx300 is here to stay future proof for at the least another 5 years as a platform. If I do not see any possibilities to tinker with, then I am not sure what more is to expect from Ibasso from here on. However, with their own motto and love for the music performances. I am sure Ibasso will continue to strive for the better.

I have been asked to compare between Dx300 MkII and M8. All I can say is that the latest Chinese DAP are excellent. We may have been forsaken by other big brands and countries such as Japan, EU (which is mainly focused on monitors, phones, and DAC), we are being catered to and spoiled by Chinese brands and their love, pursuing the DAP world, which keeps on improving in different paths. Yes, back to the point that I will say as much as that M8 and Dx300 MKII are both excellent player, with M8 has a better mid and focused upon strings and wood instruments where DX300 and MkII are focused on into upper mid/trebles, the blending of speed, density, energy, hence brass and organic instruments are to crave for with the musicality and fluidity, as much as even EDM and modern pop. Don’t forget the blazing fast UI and the speedy development of Firmwares, the excellent customer services *focused on the performances and beautiful textures/fidelity and not emphasizing*

Thanks for spending your time and reading

The conclusion: Amp11 MKII brought all the attentions from me and adhered it upon the Dx300 alone by itself..... I haven’t been using my C9 and A02 for the last few days as I keep slamming my ears with beautiful tunes and performances of DX300 MKII.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,363 of 14,593
I think there is some confusion. Just to clear things up, AMP11 MKII is a stock default DX300 amp now, released due to a shortage of components which forced iBasso to update the original one, and AMP11 MKII will have all the same ports as the original AMP11. From what has been shared in the thread already, the next new amp (AMP12, I assume) should have a dedicated balanced 4.4mm LO and phone output, assuming balanced as well. The next amp card is not LO only.

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #5,364 of 14,593
I think there is some confusion. Just to clear things up, AMP11 MKII is a stock default DX300 amp now, released due to a shortage of components which forced iBasso to update the original one, and AMP11 MKII will have all the same ports as the original AMP11. From what has been shared in the thread already, the next new amp (AMP12, I assume) should have a dedicated balanced 4.4mm LO and phone output, assuming balanced as well. The next amp card is not LO only.
I am interested in purchasing a DX300. So, will the "AMP12" be sold as an option to the DX300 in lieu of the AMP11? Or, will it be a separate add on purchase? I realize that this is a product packaging decision TBD by iBasso, but it's an important question to answer because the answer could have people waiting to make the purchase until the "AMP12" is available.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #5,365 of 14,593
Amp12 is probably the upgrade module which is probably being in plan and hatching from eggs.

Amp11 MKII is stock for new DX300. Older DX300 has Amp11 MKI. If people who has MKI and want to buy MKII, they can email Paul and request to see if Ibasso has stocks

I expect Amp12 will be an additional purchase as how dx200 and 220 with it modular amp were

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #5,366 of 14,593
Amp12 is probably the upgrade module which is probably being in plan and hatching from eggs.

Amp11 MKII is stock for new DX300. Older DX300 has Amp11 MKI. If people who has MKI and want to buy MKII, they can email Paul and request to see if Ibasso has stocks

I expect Amp12 will be an additional purchase as how dx200 and 220 with it modular amp were
Yeah, but why would I want an extra AMP that only has an extra port? Why not just create an option with the extra LO feature as an optional upgrade at time of purchase so you don't have this spare Amp that you don't need?

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #5,367 of 14,593
Yeah, but why would I want an extra AMP that only has an extra port? Why not just create an option with the extra LO feature as an optional upgrade at time of purchase so you don't have this spare Amp that you don't need?
Different amp, different design, different implementations, different sound, and so different spaces being utilized, which resulted in different features as well

If you are one of the people who take all amp and DAC sound the same then I would understand your concern. If you are, then I recommend the Dx160 as it has everything that you would need. You can also go with other brands such as Cayin N6 ii E02 and so on. Also, if you are, then even the stock Amp11 MKI-MKII are able to be Line Out at the flip of your finger by the drop down menu, period.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #5,368 of 14,593

I can't speak for iBasso, but this is how it was with DX200, DX220, DX150, and could be with DX300. Each DAP comes with a stock amp module that covers the original intended sound signature of the player. Especially with AMP11x they made it appeal to everybody by covering 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm with phone outputs and Line Out on each port. Other amp modules in previous releases were optional upgrades with either a different sound signature or a different functionality.

The only reason I posted above was for clarification since a few people pinged me about it already, thinking that AMP11 MKII is a new amp with a separate LO :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #5,369 of 14,593
I can't speak for iBasso, but this is how it was with DX200, DX220, DX150, and could be with DX300. Each DAP comes with a stock amp module that covers the original intended sound signature of the player. Especially with AMP11x they made it appeal to everybody by covering 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm with phone outputs and Line Out on each port. Other amp modules in previous releases were optional upgrades with either a different sound signature or a different functionality.

The only reason I posted above was for clarification since a few people pinged me about it already, thinking that AMP11 MKII is a new amp with a separate LO :)
Maybe I am missing something. What does this dedicated LO offer you that is different than the non-dedicated line out that is offered with the stock product? If I compare the AMP 11 with the AMP 12, what exactly is different about them? Is it only the dedicated LO port? If the only difference is a port, then selling it as a separate amp is a bad product decision. I can see if there are other features of the AMP12 that are different than AMP11 then it might make sense. But, if it is just a single port, that's bad design. It's terribly inefficient to have a separate part number that requires inventory for distributors and service centers and it makes customers buy something with marginal incremental utility. I guess this answers my own question. IF iBasso creates a dedicated line out feature, it will bundle in other things as well so that it can be sold as a true upgrade. But that begs the question once again. Should a customer have to buy both AMP11 and AMP 12 to get AMP 12 features? Or, can it be offered as an option at time of purchase DX300 vs DX300 SE?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #5,370 of 14,593
Amp11 MKII has LO as much as Amp11, just it isn’t dedicated
Maybe I am missing something. What does this dedicated LO offer you that is different than the non-dedicated line out that is offered with the stock product? If I compare the AMP 11 with the AMP 12, what exactly is different about them? Is it only the dedicated LO port? If the only difference is a port, then selling it as a separate amp is a bad product decision. I can see if there are other features of the AMP12 that are different than AMP11 then it might make sense. But, if it is just a single port, that's bad design.
Line Out means that it only output the Signals purely right after the DAC Low pass filters and Line buffers. Usually Line Buffers have different voltages output as an options, some is with very low voltage and some is with higher voltage with the typical of balanced to be 4.0V or even higher. This is dedicatedly measured and engineered by the engineering teams to achieve the lowest noise floor and highest dynamic range without clipping....However it does not get any other amplifications done. It means that You will need an external Amplifier in order to use this Line Out features

There are Pseudo Line Out, which also tap into the same Signal chains of the built in amplifiers....However, it isn’t dedicatedly built to achieve the mentioned above goals, and it also go through the same decoupling, coupling circuitry as the amplifiers, which also influences the sound performances.

In practicality, it isn’t easy to be able to tell the differences between pseudo LO vs Dedicated LO, unless you have sensitive and High performances Amplifier, DAC/DAP, Interconnect, Cables, and Earphones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back