iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 9, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #5,296 of 14,618
This is concerning, I am thinking of cancelling my pre-order. It has been several weeks since the pre-order and the new shipment has faulty units, exchanging units seem almost like impossible when the stock is non-existence.
Agreed with the posts aboves. These things happen with all brands, even with the ones that cost several thousand dollars and "Made in Germany". I would suggest to be patient and make your own judgement. It is a good player.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #5,297 of 14,618
Have you done a factory reset? You can also go into the Recovery mode by having the DX300 off, hold down and hold the forward button and then plug it into a charger.
I have made the Factory reset in recovery mode and installed everything new. The device is still crashing. So it might have some hardware issue.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #5,298 of 14,618
Basically Amp 11 MK 1 is now a limited edition..:)

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #5,299 of 14,618
Agreed with the posts aboves. These things happen with all brands, even with the ones that cost several thousand dollars and "Made in Germany". I would suggest to be patient and make your own judgement. It is a good player.
It is not about the failing rate. The main concern is low/non-existence stock, if you received a faulty device, you are going to wait for a very long time for a replacement unit. In this case, why not just purchase it later when there are plenty stock? Meanwhile, there are a lot of new devices are going to release soon. On the other hand, I rarely hear complains about AK/Sony devices' QC problems. This is tricky.

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #5,300 of 14,618
It is not about the failing rate. The main concern is low/non-existence stock, if you received a faulty device, you are going to wait for a very long time for a replacement unit. In this case, why not just purchase it later when there are plenty stock? Meanwhile, there are a lot of new devices are going to release soon. On the other hand, I rarely hear complains about AK/Sony devices' QC problems. This is tricky.
I think there seems to be stock now of Amp MKII DX300. I just had a notification of shipment from Hifigo today (for an order placed 10 days ago). They also told me they are receiving more units with the new amp. Regarding A&K, you only need to see the discussion in the respective thread here about the Kahn Cube (released about a year ago and priced at about the same range as DX300, a bit more expensive in fact). It was riddled with QC problems (I was considering it along with DX300, so I read the whole damn thing). Finally, other, even much simpler, devices, like the Cowon PD2 can have QC problems. This is a fantastic little player with very decent sound and power, just not a reference DAP, and completely lacks web features (wifi, web apps, etc.), having a very basic OS. Yet the first device I got was faulty.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #5,301 of 14,618
Sony has it own problems. It is just that you are not into it much, and so is AK. I have seen DMP Z1 with batteries not charging and failed to turn on, also SP2000 with dead screen and so on... the universe is not perfect, so nothing can be perfect. There is no such thing as “0 QC issues”. That is why we have warranty.

Dx300 and other devices at this moment are slow in stocking and inventory, and that is global wise. It is the Covid and chip shortage. Hell, even Tesla , BMW, Mercedes, GMC are all falling victims, that they have to cut productions.

Cayin limited the release of A02, and C9 amplifiers are very slow in productions, that many have had it preordered and still waiting, some defective units are not seeing replacements for a month or so already

If you are looking for a way to negatively impress on the Ibasso and Dx300, then you can do whatever float your boats. I am just stating the truth.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #5,302 of 14,618
Sony has it own problems. It is just that you are not into it much, and so is AK. I have seen DMP Z1 with batteries not charging and failed to turn on, also SP2000 with dead screen and so on... the universe is not perfect, so nothing can be perfect. There is no such thing as “0 QC issues”. That is why we have warranty.

Dx300 and other devices at this moment are slow in stocking and inventory, and that is global wise. It is the Covid and chip shortage. Hell, even Tesla , BMW, Mercedes, GMC are all falling victims, that they have to cut productions.

Cayin limited the release of A02, and C9 amplifiers are very slow in productions, that many have had it preordered and still waiting, some defective units are not seeing replacements for a month or so already

If you are looking for a way to negatively impress on the Ibasso and Dx300, then you can do whatever float your boats. I am just stating the truth.
I am just worried not to put a negative impression on ibasso. I have a pre-order placed with MoonAudio which was promised to arrive by end of March but is still enroute. I am going to have a months long trip soon so if I received a faulty unit, I do not know if I can get a replacement unit in time. @psklrdk 's experience made me worried. I am sorry, my worries should be rhetorical not to publish to public but my intention was to seek for guidance or assurance from iBasso.

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #5,303 of 14,618
I am just worried not to put a negative impression on ibasso. I have a pre-order placed with MoonAudio which was promised to arrive by end of March but is still enroute. I am going to have a months long trip soon so if I received a faulty unit, I do not know if I can get a replacement unit in time. @psklrdk 's experience made me worried. I am sorry, my worries should be rhetorical not to publish to public but my intention was to seek for guidance or assurance from iBasso.
Not sure how they're going to give you any more assurance than is already stated...

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #5,305 of 14,618

Yeah my Kann Cube had a dead pixel on the screen right in the middle of Covid, which they told me should take 9 weeks for a check and potential replacement. So there we go for AK...

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #5,306 of 14,618
Don't base your cancellation on 1 or even 2 people who are having a bad time. Not to diminish their experience, but for every DX300 in this thread that has had a problem, there are a much larger number that have had no problems. From what I have read, most owners are very satisfied with the unit. I am one of them. I would wager the satisfaction rate is in the 90s.
I agree, My dx300 which i just recently received sounds better than my more expensive Astell and kern Sp1000M which costs more. My only gripe with the DX300
is i wish they downsized it a little more

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #5,308 of 14,618
Demo time..
IMG_20210410_185111.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back