iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 6, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #4,681 of 14,593
I've demoed (a demo) M8. It's painfully slow and hence basically unusable for tidal.

No its not.

There must have been an issue with the demo Wi-Fi OR the unit you demoed because I owned both on the latest (as in now) released firmware and the M8 was and still is fast.

Just did a short video demoing the speed of the M8

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,685 of 14,593
I don't understand this speedy Gonzales thing, sound is my main thing
download.gif

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #4,686 of 14,593
You guys should focus on Ibasso Dx300. I have the Shanling M8 myself and it is not perfect, I don't believe any dap is. Different people prioritize different things and I believe nowadays most totl daps sound good, it is the flavor of sound that you are after that is going to make you choose one or another. I personally didn't have the chance yet to try the Dx300 and I am still curious about it because of the Cirrus dacs.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #4,687 of 14,593
@subguy812 That's ^ my point...

Because of the chip, I expected it to be faster than certain elements of the competition, and happily based on the demo it is.

It's not uniformly as fast as my 12 pro, because it does sometimes bog down, but it's usually as fast.

The M8 was painfully slow in comparison.
It is all relative. My shanling m6 pro is better compared to dx200. But for use with tidal or similar applications it is just question about sound signature. Another point of view is if you want a dap for youtube, netflix, etc. And tomorrow for games

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #4,688 of 14,593
You guys should focus on Ibasso Dx300. I have the Shanling M8 myself and it is not perfect, I don't believe any dap is. Different people prioritize different things and I believe nowadays most totl daps sound good, it is the flavor of sound that you are after that is going to make you choose one or another. I personally didn't have the chance yet to try the Dx300 and I am still curious about it because of the Cirrus dacs.
Have you tried dx160?
Here is a good point to refer to, the dx160
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...om-new-firmware-2-6-2021.943221/post-16210226

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #4,689 of 14,593
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #4,690 of 14,593
No, I have never had the pleasure to try anything that has the Cirrus DACs that is why I am curious, but I believe it is an interesting proposition since they have the same dac and I can always add the BX-2 and Woo audio wa8 amps to enhance the sound
It is a little more than that as the architecture of utilizing 4 DAC with each dedicated per active signal lines. Especially the inverted phases (+/-) which can theoretically enhance and 2X multiply whatever is already there.
Just try the dx160 to see if you like what it has to offer, then you will like the steroids version dx300.

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #4,691 of 14,593
Yes, this demonstrates how painfully slow it is..

You're free to think this isn't slow..

😉

(edit: I only watched tidal opening and operation).

My point is when you make a statement such as "painfully slow" you are making an inaccurate statement as is proven in the video.

Is your definition of painfully slow different compared to most reasonable people - Probably

But most "reasonable people" would have most likely used the term "slower"

That's all I have to say I'm out.

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #4,692 of 14,593
It is a little more than that as the architecture of utilizing 4 DAC with each dedicated per active signal lines. Especially the inverted phases (+/-) which can theoretically enhance and 2X multiply whatever is already there.
Just try the dx160 to see if you like what it has to offer, then you will like the steroids version dx300.
I have been trying to find a used DX160 for awhile..

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,693 of 14,593
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,694 of 14,593
I HATE THESE FORUMS THEY JUST SUCK YOU IN.

So I have dx228 exFAN and Amp9. I was one of the lucky ones to get hold of the AMP8 exFAN more then contempt with my purchase. Love the sound sig and for Dance/Pop which seems to be my goto genre in lockdown Amp8 exFan was super match and excellent sounding. I barley touched the AMP9 feel this is better for RnB which I haven't listen to for a while.

More then happy this was supposed to be my end game setup I moved away from these forums to follow my other obsession which is expresso yes there's whole detected forums to coffee geeks similar to audiophile obsessions :wink:

I decided to do a quick visit and discovered there's a dx300 I try to resist temptation. But my curiosity started wondering hey dx228 exFan sound in super quick interface, my only grip with dx220 is the interface and the speed it's adequate but I'm a impatient guy. After 5 pages in this thread I was hooked I ordered......

Skimping through the whole of this thread I expected a lot of dx300 vs dx228ex to my disappointment even after 313 pages not much on comparison lol. Guess people are waiting burn-in. My takeaway is that it's very much like dx228ex/Max but different signature in a good way just hope I'm not disappointed as I love the grandness and umpth of amp8 ex

Expected delivery from advancedMP 2-3 days, but next day and it's here even on a Sat :) now that's excellent service.
Can't wait to unpack and try it ......

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #4,695 of 14,593

This is right. After years of trying AK, Cayin, Sony, and Hiby, I have stopped at Ibasso, from owning DX120 to 160, and now 300 for the tuning that matches my preferences. For the D 300, the speed, the screen, improved connections only further consolidate Ibasso's place in my audio journey. As always, conversations revolving around the best DAP are kinda irrelevant at this price bracket. Only down to preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back