iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #2,896 of 14,596
You can use the official Tidal app instead?

For me I think the Tidal app finally works well on a Dap running Android. If you use MQA, the DX300 appears to fully unfold now

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #2,898 of 14,596
Nope, you should be good to use stock tidal app versus UAPP as per below

This is app dependent though. With Tidal you should be ok but some apps (Plex/Plexamp for example) downsample internally so no matter what you play through them you'll always get 44.1/48 output. That's not the DAP's fault, rather the app's.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2,899 of 14,596
This is app dependent though. With Tidal you should be ok but some apps (Plex/Plexamp for example) downsample internally so no matter what you play through them you'll always get 44.1/48 output. That's not the DAP's fault, rather the app's.
And not to open a can of worms, but at least with Qobuz, I can hear a difference with the native qobuz app vs UAPP even though they are both playing back natively. The native qobuz app is a bit warmer compared to the higher detail and separation I get form UAPP. Honestly with some IEMs I prefer qobuz, but for the UM MEST I prefer UAPP (I think). Really depends.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #2,901 of 14,596
Ok, i got mine to some quick impressions:

Screens is great.
As already sead Tidal works great on it full unfolding of mqa.
So far for the good considering the apps i tested.

Roon, also as aready mentions only works with 16 bit setting and no mqa.
Plexamp plays noice in my left channel for some reason on all files i tested.
Synology Dsaudio always transcodes to wav at 48khz max.

Tested some video playback and with all tested apps video seems out of sync with audio. (might not matter for audio but some people wanted to use it as a media player)
Youtube video/audio out of sync
Emby video/audio out of sync
So i tested some local files instead of video streaming with mxplayer with various file/codec types -> audio out of sync.
I'm prety sure it's not related to processor power. I got some sneeky suspission that it's got to do with the fpga master mode. (So maybe they should make a mode to turn that off)

Don't get me wrong it's a great player it just seems to need some software fixes.
Now off to find a sub 1000 headphone that does it more justice tha tmy Fidelio X2.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #2,903 of 14,596
Ok, i got mine to some quick impressions:

Tested some video playback and with all tested apps video seems out of sync with audio. (might not matter for audio but some people wanted to use it as a media player)
Youtube video/audio out of sync
Emby video/audio out of sync
So i tested some local files instead of video streaming with mxplayer with various file/codec types -> audio out of sync.
I'm prety sure it's not related to processor power. I got some sneeky suspission that it's got to do with the fpga master mode. (So maybe they should make a mode to turn that off)

i did encounter audio out of sync with video by about 2 or 3 sec on youtube. i cleared the cache, uninstall and install again. seems to fix the audio/ video sync. i also tested netflix and its fine.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,905 of 14,596
What is better than Ibasso SR2?

...speaking of which, a very trusted German review site I know says very good things about SR2: "This is great cinema and leaves me speechless for the first few minutes of listening. Quite a few manufacturers would charge a four-digit amount for this acoustic performance. Because the SR2 undoubtedly goes far beyond its price tag and easily positions itself in the EUR 1,000 + class."

If you guys haven't seen the review, you can use the Google translate:

https://musicalhead.de/2020/08/27/test-ibasso-sr2/

OK, back to DX300.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #2,906 of 14,596
...speaking of which, a very trusted German review site I know says very good things about SR2: "This is great cinema and leaves me speechless for the first few minutes of listening. Quite a few manufacturers would charge a four-digit amount for this acoustic performance. Because the SR2 undoubtedly goes far beyond its price tag and easily positions itself in the EUR 1,000 + class."

If you guys haven't seen the review, you can use the Google translate:

https://musicalhead.de/2020/08/27/test-ibasso-sr2/

OK, back to DX300.
It also combines extremely well with the DX300.

Why you don't hear more about the SR2 is beyond me. It trounces the HD650, which has sold in the 100s of 1000s. It is different but as good as my Utopia and any other top of the line headphones I have. The problem, it is being sold too cheap.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #2,907 of 14,596
As an update, I reached out to IBasso about the issue I was having with Amazon Music not bypassing the android audio and it resampling everything to 48khz and the IBasso folks said that this will be fixed with the next firmware update--so great news there.

I tried to load netflix onto the DX300 yesterday, but got an error when I tried to open it saying it didn't work with the hardware. I saw the recommendation earlier in the thread to download a specific build of netflix to fix this, but I haven't been able to find that version in apk pure (it seems that was too many versions ago to be listed). Any ideas where else to find the correct version? I didn't get the DAP for netflix, but I'm curious to try it out

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #2,908 of 14,596
As an update, I reached out to IBasso about the issue I was having with Amazon Music not bypassing the android audio and it resampling everything to 48khz and the IBasso folks said that this will be fixed with the next firmware update--so great news there.
Great news! Thx for the update!

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,909 of 14,596

I tried to load netflix onto the DX300 yesterday, but got an error when I tried to open it saying it didn't work with the hardware. I saw the recommendation earlier in the thread to download a specific build of netflix to fix this, but I haven't been able to find that version in apk pure (it seems that was too many versions ago to be listed). Any ideas where else to find the correct version? I didn't get the DAP for netflix, but I'm curious to try it out

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-4-16-3-build-15172-release/ - Netlfix 4.16.3, build 15172, tested and works!

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #2,910 of 14,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back