iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2,911 of 14,596
The DX300 has landed. Initial impressions... Wow! I think this is the least compromising dap I have ever owned. Flawless quick charge, beautiful screen, snappy OS, very good sound. Nice work @Paul - iBasso !!!!!

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,912 of 14,596
First time using the SR2 today with the Dx300. I have been using the Mr. Speakers E2. The SR2 have better attack and I noticed that right away when listening to Kieth Jarrett with 1975 live recording. The piano has the more realistic sound on the SR2 but I enjoy both headphones. Great music and lots of fund. The DX300 seems to do so much and do it well.

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,913 of 14,596
So first quick feedback DX Max (burned in dunno several hundred h) vs DX300 (5h burn in)

Denon AHD9200 running on balanced out, digital filter on both player on slow roll off (they don't share the same filters due to different DAC vendors/chips)
MAX: Med Gain, Slow-Rolloff (Linear), DX300: Med Gain: Slow-Rolloff

playing Beyonce 4 (my wife's music :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) in Mango running in Android mode
- DX300 playing warm and nice, bass impact good, mids thick and clear, good bass impact
- DX Max playing clear with authority, bigger bass impact, clearer high registers, more holographic soundstage

playing Billy Talent - devil on my shoulder
- DX Max playing clear with defined bass, high hats can be recognised and clearly separated from the rest
- DX300 playing not as clear as max, high hats can be separated but sound more melted into the rest

playing Birdy - Skinny Love
- DX300 showing nice deep stage, piano sounds a bit thick and congested, voice nice and unfatiguing
- DX Max playing clear and holographic right from the start, piano is clear, voice getting higher and airy but not piercing

playing London Grammar - Hey Now
- DX Max playing clear and holographic right from the start, voice is vibrating into the listener, punchy bass, good seperation
- DX300 deep stage, voice sounds darker in comparison, doesn't get as airy as max, bass more muddy and congested in comparison

so right from the start I would say the DX300 doesn't sound bad, but in comparison to DX MAX congested, I would even say in that condition it's an unfair battle.
Will burn in more and then check again at the weekend

Not so interesting for most of you but wanted to mention: seems bluetooth implementation hasn't been progressed since DX2xx, still only Apple devices could send their audio to the Ibasso device, my soundbar doesn't recognise the DX300.
So for watching TV I will still need to use my tiny Qudelix5k.

Keeping on listening on the DX300 is satisfying, it isn't really sounding bad, on the Denon phones it really sounds more tube-like in the early condition vs reference-authority-max-sound.
That can also be a plus depending on the music mix.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #2,914 of 14,596
So first quick feedback DX Max (burned in dunno several hundred h) vs DX300 (5h burn in)

Denon AHD9200 running on balanced out, digital filter on both player on slow roll off (they don't share the same filters due to different DAC vendors/chips)
MAX: Med Gain, Slow-Rolloff (Linear), DX300: Med Gain: Slow-Rolloff

playing Beyonce 4 (my wife's music :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) in Mango running in Android mode
- DX300 playing warm and nice, bass impact good, mids thick and clear, good bass impact
- DX Max playing clear with authority, bigger bass impact, clearer high registers, more holographic soundstage

playing Billy Talent - devil on my shoulder
- DX Max playing clear with defined bass, high hats can be recognised and clearly separated from the rest
- DX300 playing not as clear as max, high hats can be separated but sound more melted into the rest

playing Birdy - Skinny Love
- DX300 showing nice deep stage, piano sounds a bit thick and congested, voice nice and unfatiguing
- DX Max playing clear and holographic right from the start, piano is clear, voice getting higher and airy but not piercing

playing London Grammar - Hey Now
- DX Max playing clear and holographic right from the start, voice is vibrating into the listener, punchy bass, good seperation
- DX300 deep stage, voice sounds darker in comparison, doesn't get as airy as max, bass more muddy and congested in comparison

so right from the start I would say the DX300 doesn't sound bad, but in comparison to DX MAX congested, I would even say in that condition it's an unfair battle.
Will burn in more and then check again at the weekend

Not so interesting for most of you but wanted to mention: seems bluetooth implementation hasn't been progressed since DX2xx, still only Apple devices could send their audio to the Ibasso device, my soundbar doesn't recognise the DX300.
So for watching TV I will still need to use my tiny Qudelix5k.
I just got it as well, and you have said all I could say. I totally agree with your views.

For better impact on Dx300 though and more airiness, balances, do the D3 (Short Delay , Fast Roll Off)
57495BA1-C962-4C9A-8F73-FF90E1CD0306.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #2,915 of 14,596
interesting, the D3 filter is indeed immediately recognisable, and getting closer to the max sound, thx for the hint, I will keep it!

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #2,916 of 14,596
Can some other people test is video is out of sync with audio?
Maybe there is somthing wrong with mine.
Reinstalled youtube cleared cache. Still like almost 1s out of sync.
Played the same youtube vid on other devices (pc, android phone and tablet) and no issues.

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,917 of 14,596
interesting, the D3 filter is indeed immediately recognisable, and getting closer to the max sound, thx for the hint, I will keep it!
Also, there are better transparency, clarity and extensions with MangoOS rather than Mango APK in AndroidOS :). It is a clear distinction in better sound performances over OS system.

If anything, the MangoOS is worth every pennies

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #2,918 of 14,596
Played the same youtube vid on other devices (pc, android phone and tablet) and no issues.
same here

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #2,919 of 14,596
Getting the same issue with mine, Youtube video out of sync.

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,920 of 14,596
Also, there are better transparency, clarity and extensions with MangoOS rather than Mango APK in AndroidOS :). It is a clear distinction in better sound performances over OS system.

If anything, the MangoOS is worth every pennies
is there a known limitation with SD cards? my SanDisk 256GB isn't recognised in Mango OS but it is recognised in Android, in Mango App

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #2,923 of 14,596
Safe delivery here in Northville, MI! Thanks @Andrew DiMarcangelo and Bloom Audio!!! Time for some burn-in!!!
57EC324A-862E-4FA5-B2C8-BC484C54E863.jpeg

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,924 of 14,596
not that I have known of. I have Sandisk Edge 400Gb and Extrem Pro 1Tb, both can playback nicely on it.
Maybe takes time for recognition, respectively scanning?
But when selecting the sd card, scan is finished after 1 sec, selecting file system for scan doesn't show any content.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back