iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 22, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,522 of 14,593
Is anyone using player other than mango?

Seems like not all are working with dx300 control buttons.
Amazon hd works fine for example, but Hiby music only reacts to play/pause button.
UAPP and Spotify is working fine.
except, if you have open Mango player and then you close / shift to other apps. the Control button will be emblem to it.. example, when u listen to spotify, u press play/pause in the control button, Mango player will took over, and spotify will pause.
All can work fine if you restart it...

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,523 of 14,593
UAPP and Spotify is working fine.
except, if you have open Mango player and then you close / shift to other apps. the Control button will be emblem to it.. example, when u listen to spotify, u press play/pause in the control button, Mango player will took over, and spotify will pause.
All can work fine if you restart it...
Yeh i figured that is the care. That was not the case on dx220 though but might be wrong, as i never use mango player on 220.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #2,525 of 14,593
Is anyone using player other than mango?

Seems like not all are working with dx300 control buttons.
Amazon hd works fine for example, but Hiby music only reacts to play/pause button.
I am using Neutron and it works well. On the other hand, UAPP is having issue on decoding DSD correctly.

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #2,527 of 14,593
While it is fun to look around, please keep in mind that these Fine Gold is highly praised by many, including Sony who uses it in their utmost marvelous DMP-Z1.

I had a couple PMs asking me about my Statements previously about Dx220MAX being so good, and priced at $1,800 while Dx220 is $1000 and a watered down version from MAX. Now, people may misunderstood me, then allow me to clarify. What I meant is that Dx220 could have and should have this Dual batteries system (not small components) since beginning and raised up the price , but it was too large, and the pricing may put people off, so IBasso saw the market that would welcome Dx220 as a portable player, and took it. Now, we are here, at the days and times where Dx300 has everything the Max have including dual battery, and even further, with such Low pricing that people would think it is Mid-Tier and not High-End

The Dx300 under my point of view is a very High End player, and once again, I do not know how IBasso could have kept the price this low with all the new technologies being cramped onto it.

Now, regarding little capacitors, op-amp, small components that ”modifications” most than often bring “improvements”. Well, you have to understand that “improvements” is under someone “preferences”, while IBasso have to cater to all of us as a “mass”. Ibasso has never cheap out in components, and in fact it is more expensive to “modify” than to be “manufactured“ by “Ibasso”, and that was Proven by “Amp8EX”. I could never modify an “Amp8EX“ for less than $400 in total prices while Ibasso was able to produce a limited run for “$250” including shipping by DHL. If it was being produced much more than it did, then there was no reason that Ibasso couldn’t keep it as low as the regular Amp8. That is the strongest proof I have to present to all.

Ibasso is the champion of Values for the money, no doubts, and that comes from my views. Modifications is to be different and very personal, and that is why I don’t run it as a business, but I publish DIY for all to cater to themselves.
From what I know about motherboard manufacturing I'd say its mostly down to labour times, bulk component purchases and maybe special deals from suppliers they have worked with for a long time.

A pick and place machine can assemble a board far quicker and with higher precision than any human can and wave soldering removes the need for soldering individual components.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #2,529 of 14,593
Hi all newbie here to the forum. Been following this thread for a while and have ordered the DX300 off the back of reading all the positive reviews.
As a beginner to the world of daps, I'm worried I'm expecting too much of the dx300 and will ultimately be underwhelmed when I listen to it.
I currently listen to mainly Tidal via my phone or tablet, a ifi hip dac and fiio FA3 iems. Will the dx300 be a noticeable audible improvement over this or will it be minimal?

Hi and welcome!

I too listen to Tidal and have all the items you listed but FH7 instead of FA3 and can safely say that the jump from the iFi hip dac to the DX300 is very noticable especially in the low end, soundstage, layering, transients and imaging! It's not even a fair comparison. :beyersmile:

It will be a solid investment and an excellent upgrade. :)

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #2,530 of 14,593
DX300 + PW Lucifer + Rhapsodio Infinity2. In short, a blast!!

84F790EA-D783-4354-9560-A8533FAEC35B.jpeg

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #2,531 of 14,593
A quick summary after 1 night of listening.

Very first impression - It feels light considering it's size. I had expected it to be much heavier. A huge plus

Next impressions - Screen is amazing and UI is very fast and smooth... Makes my Iphone XR feel like a grandparent

How it sounds - Extremely impressive out of the box. I actually prefer how it sounds vs stock MAX which from my memory was on the neutral reference side of things. Hence my MAX had been fiddled with in the early days by @Whitigir for conversion in MAXEX which made it sound more organic and added body while maintaining that huge sound stage. The DX300 on the other is tuned neutral warm, has really good body and weight in the mids and low end. Mids are more forward which is again a big plus for the vocal genres I listen to. Resolution and clarity is among the very best I have heard. While I feel the R8 in Turbo mode has a larger sound stage overall (Managed to audition the R8 at the deal while collecting the Ibasso), the DX300 has really good height and depth and the sound stage is very complete. There are no holes or dark spots. The other technical areas like Imaging, Layering and Separation are tops as well.

Still early days and I am sure it will open up with more use.

PS: Never thought Youtube music videos can actually sound this good as what I am hearing out of the DX300. Holographic and 3D sound stage.

Btw, has anyone managed to get Netflix to work on their unit?

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #2,532 of 14,593

Very first impression - It feels light considering it's size. I had expected it to be much heavier. A huge plus

Next impressions - Screen is amazing and UI is very fast and smooth... Makes my Iphone XR feel like a grandparent

How it sounds - Extremely impressive out of the box. I actually prefer how it sounds vs stock MAX which from my memory was on the neutral reference side of things. Hence my MAX had been fiddled with in the early days by @Whitigir for conversion in MAXEX which made it sound more organic and added body while maintaining that huge sound stage. The DX300 on the other is tuned neutral warm, has really good body and weight in the mids and low end. Mids are more forward which is again a big plus for the vocal genres I listen to. Resolution and clarity is among the very best I have heard. While I feel the R8 in Turbo mode has a larger sound stage overall (Managed to audition the R8 at the deal while collecting the Ibasso), the DX300 has really good height and depth and the sound stage is very complete. There are no holes or dark spots. The other technical areas like Imaging, Layering and Separation are tops as well.

PS: Never thought Youtube music videos can actually sound this good as what I am hearing out of the DX300. Holographic and 3D sound stage.

You need to get Netflix 4.16.13 build 15172. It should be found by APKpure.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #2,534 of 14,593
Jan 23, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #2,535 of 14,593

OMG!!! Thanks for the impressions!!!
What more could I have asked for ? The MAXEX portable, right out of the box at an affordable Price!!!!!
WwwwwoooooHhhhhoooooo!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back