iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #2,491 of 14,593
Sorry it's not clear for me :) I've to press the power button together with skip back button for 5 seconds, the release the skip back button (power button always pressed) and then press again on the back button?
all are in just power button...

From ur current condition... press the power button for or around 5 sec, until the screen become blank... release the power button, and try press it again until its on... then release...
this is based in DX220...

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #2,492 of 14,593
By the way, anyone having any issues with the forward and previous button whiles using Mango OS? The forward button is acting like previous button and previous working like forward function. However, there is no problem if using in android OS.
Ibasso never fails to disappoint me again. Apparently, this issue is appearing in quite a few units. I heard from seller that there are some other issues. Need to wait for next fw to fix.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #2,493 of 14,593
Ibasso never fails to disappoint me again. Apparently, this issue is appearing in quite a few units. I heard from seller that there are some other issues. Need to wait for next fw to fix.
hmm.. sad to hear that... Hope you manage to solved it ASAP... I know that it will be irritating...

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #2,495 of 14,593
all are in just power button...

From ur current condition... press the power button for or around 5 sec, until the screen become blank... release the power button, and try press it again until its on... then release...
this is based in DX220...
So I tried it again...I've to press the power button at least 25 seconds until the screen blanks out..then another 25 seconds to turn it on again... no changes, always stuck on the ibasso audio screen :frowning2:..and I can't charge the player anymore..nothing happens only black screen. Maybe Paul from Ibasso has a solution? I hope i'ts not bricked..beautiful sounding player! Further help highly appreciated :) Thanks for your help!

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #2,496 of 14,593
So I tried it again...I've to press the power button at least 25 seconds until the screen blanks out..then another 25 seconds to turn it on again... no changes, always stuck on the ibasso audio screen :frowning2:..and I can't charge the player anymore..nothing happens only black screen. Maybe Paul from Ibasso has a solution? I hope i'ts not bricked..beautiful sounding player! Further help highly appreciated :) Thanks for your help!
Hmm... we can try to summon him... @Paul - iBasso
Hope it solved quick..

Btw, can you try it again.. but the different, the 2nd press you just press for 2-3 sec then let go...

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #2,499 of 14,593
I don’t think so, i apply the protector
AAAAA.. hate this part.. this is my sloppy side..
looks like need to visit my accessories Smartphone counter, and asked for help to apply this.. *forgot... LOCK DOWN... :mask:

BTW.. if I used the jelly screen protector... sounds interesting, since its much better sensitivity in touch screen then tempered glass...
hmmm.. unusual size... well lets search then.. while leave DX300 cooking ....

@Whitigir
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 20.06.13.jpeg

know the value of this one...???
I dont have any Star hex with me.. can't open my AMP....

different topic, regarding double tap screen to open.. Since I used Note20u.. I am quite often to do this to DX300.. hahaha.. nice feature if applicable in the future though...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #2,500 of 14,593
AAAAA.. hate this part.. this is my sloppy side..
looks like need to visit my accessories Smartphone counter, and asked for help to apply this.. *forgot... LOCK DOWN... :mask:

BTW.. if I used the jelly screen protector... sounds interesting, since its much better sensitivity in touch screen then tempered glass...
hmmm.. unusual size... well lets search then.. while leave DX300 cooking ....

@Whitigir

know the value of this one...???
I dont have any Star hex with me.. can't open my AMP....

different topic, regarding double tap screen to open.. Since I used Note20u.. I am quite often to do this to DX300.. hahaha.. nice feature if applicable in the future though...
I don’t have dx300 yet , and from what collectively I have seen, look like 100uF/10V Fine gold series, which is a very well known Audiophile grade Nichicon.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #2,501 of 14,593

Afraid so, common 'issue' with CA IEMs. Silly design if you ask me.

This will only work if iBasso included the right sensors with the hardware. This is one of my favourite features on the HiBy R8 (new R6 has it too), along with double tap to sleep. Especially with a big device like this.

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #2,502 of 14,593
The real modder can always see any capacitor specs via naked eyes. Look likes he could sees its number through Dragon ball Z scouter. Clap my hands three times. :clap::clap::clap:

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #2,503 of 14,593
I don’t have dx300 yet , and from what collectively I have seen, look like 100uF/10V Fine gold series, which is a very well known Audiophile grade Nichicon.
While it is fun to look around, please keep in mind that these Fine Gold is highly praised by many, including Sony who uses it in their utmost marvelous DMP-Z1.

I had a couple PMs asking me about my Statements previously about Dx220MAX being so good, and priced at $1,800 while Dx220 is $1000 and a watered down version from MAX. Now, people may misunderstood me, then allow me to clarify. What I meant is that Dx220 could have and should have this Dual batteries system (not small components) since beginning and raised up the price , but it was too large, and the pricing may put people off, so IBasso saw the market that would welcome Dx220 as a portable player, and took it. Now, we are here, at the days and times where Dx300 has everything the Max have including dual battery, and even further, with such Low pricing that people would think it is Mid-Tier and not High-End

The Dx300 under my point of view is a very High End player, and once again, I do not know how IBasso could have kept the price this low with all the new technologies being cramped onto it.

Now, regarding little capacitors, op-amp, small components that ”modifications” most than often bring “improvements”. Well, you have to understand that “improvements” is under someone “preferences”, while IBasso have to cater to all of us as a “mass”. Ibasso has never cheap out in components, and in fact it is more expensive to “modify” than to be “manufactured“ by “Ibasso”, and that was Proven by “Amp8EX”. I could never modify an “Amp8EX“ for less than $400 in total prices while Ibasso was able to produce a limited run for “$250” including shipping by DHL. If it was being produced much more than it did, then there was no reason that Ibasso couldn’t keep it as low as the regular Amp8. That is the strongest proof I have to present to all.

Ibasso is the champion of Values for the money, no doubts, and that comes from my views. Modifications is to be different and very personal, and that is why I don’t run it as a business, but I publish DIY for all to cater to themselves.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,504 of 14,593
Hi all newbie here to the forum. Been following this thread for a while and have ordered the DX300 off the back of reading all the positive reviews.
As a beginner to the world of daps, I'm worried I'm expecting too much of the dx300 and will ultimately be underwhelmed when I listen to it.
I currently listen to mainly Tidal via my phone or tablet, a ifi hip dac and fiio FA3 iems. Will the dx300 be a noticeable audible improvement over this or will it be minimal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back