iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 21, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #2,476 of 14,593
Welp, temptation got the better of me again and I took the plunge and ordered a DX300 in blue from Bloom Audio. been curious about iBasso’s players for a while now. My main dap has been a sp1000m, which has served me well, but has always been a little on the brighter side and it’s laggy UI has worn on me in the few years since I bought it. I’ve recently been using my paw S1 more than the sp1000m because my iPhone is so much more pleasant and smooth in operation.

I’m already bought in, but would love to hear how others who have the sp1000m have found the dx300 in comparison. Ive seen a couple of mentions of comparisons in the thread already, but haven’t seen a more descriptive one. I am hoping for an improvement sound wise, but would take similar audio performance with a different flavor. I must admit, I’m a little afraid of how big the DX300 is going to be—I know it will be pretty massive compared to the sp1000m, but with Android 9 onboard and the ability to load google play store, I may use the big screen for some occasional netflixing in addition to pure audio (will be mostly using Amazon music HD and tidal)

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #2,477 of 14,593
Welp, temptation got the better of me again and I took the plunge and ordered a D300 in blue from Bloom Audio. been curious about iBasso’s players for a while now. My main dap has been a sp1000m, which has served me well, but has always been a little on the brighter side and it’s laggy UI has worn on me in the few years since I bought it. I’ve recently been using my paw S1 more than the sp1000m because my iPhone is so much more pleasant and smooth in operation.

I’m already bought in, but would love to hear how others who have the sp1000m have found the d300 in comparison. Ive seen a couple of mentions of comparisons in the thread already, but haven’t seen a more descriptive one. I am hoping for an improvement sound wise, but would take similar audio performance with a different flavor. I must admit, I’m a little afraid of how big the D300 is going to be—I know it will be pretty massive compared to the sp1000m, but with Android 9 onboard and the ability to load google play store, I may use the big screen for some occasional netflixing in addition to pure audio (will be mostly using Amazon music HD and tidal)
Netflix on the DX300 should be great! Just remember to use an older build of it that is comparable with the DX300.

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #2,478 of 14,593
Hello out there! This is my first post, so yeah, I'm a noob. To everyone chiming in on this thread for the feedback, advice etc. thank you. It's been a wild ride hearing everyone's POVs. Has anyone tried pairing a DX300, or an M8 with empyreans? Curious how those particular flavors of ice cream mix for folks.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #2,480 of 14,593
where do you get the older version as i don’t see it in google play store
I believe you can find it in APKpure (Netflix 4.16.13 build 15172)

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #2,482 of 14,593
Hello out there! This is my first post, so yeah, I'm a noob. To everyone chiming in on this thread for the feedback, advice etc. thank you. It's been a wild ride hearing everyone's POVs. Has anyone tried pairing a DX300, or an M8 with empyreans? Curious how those particular flavors of ice cream mix for folks.
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your wallet!

No experience personally, but would love to hear some impressions...

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #2,483 of 14,593
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your wallet!

851C9256-9B54-4D13-A4ED-6323679074B6.jpeg

now in Latin ‘sorry about your wallet’ - classic head-fi phrase

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2,484 of 14,593
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!
I'm also waiting for a DX300 from Bloom Audio and I plan to try out my Empyreans with it. Just have to wait a little while...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #2,486 of 14,593
The eagle just landed
its HUGE.... and Thick...
Same size as Note20ultra with double the thick...

Most companies in our hobby are tiny compared to bigger giants of mobile developers, and using the left over stocks from them, including displays, processors etc. James from FiiO wrote about the display issue before that most probably in the future finding small displays will become very difficult.

I think we can just be happy that in this small hobby there are companies like iBasso, FiiO, Shanling building such amazing products with everything they have and could find.

Enjoy your new toy! :)

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #2,487 of 14,593
20210122_180223.jpg

OTB, wow... its different... not DX220Max... but also not DX228EX...
well I am hype.. I can tell you... so just wait and see after it cooks 200 hours...

@Vitaly2017 , Tiger.. I reconfirm you. yes, there's hiss... a bit weird, only heard on my left side...
a side that... The dynamic OMG... hahaha... is above my stack... anyway, will get back again...

O yeah.. power wise... Its Huge.. Solaris OG, Mid Gain, Volume 6 only. alrd all out.. low volume listener haven...

no lied.. I grin all the time...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #2,488 of 14,593
Hello folks! I've a Problem..I switched from Mango OS to Android OS and now the Player hangs on the "ibasso Audio" screen (won't boot to android), long press to switch the device off, long press to switch it on..always stuck on the ibasso Audio splash screen! How can I do a hard reset? Thanks for your help!

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #2,489 of 14,593
Hello folks! I've a Problem..I switched from Mango OS to Android OS and now the Player hangs on the "ibasso Audio" screen (won't boot to android), long press to switch the device off, long press to switch it on..always stuck on the ibasso Audio splash screen! How can I do a hard reset? Thanks for your help!
Hold the power switch up to 5 sec... release and press again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back