iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #2,552 of 14,596
Done 2 battery cycles and got 13hrs each time playing mixed sd and hd flacs.

That is also consistent with my test results after about 4-5 full charge/discharge cycles. Either 4.4mm or 2.5mm balanced, med gain, average listening volume, mix of mp3/flac, wifi/BT off, and screen mostly off, I'm getting a solid 13hrs of play time until Analog battery goes to zero while Digital is around 30-35%. But keep in mind, display is off and wifi/BT radios are off, otherwise Digital battery would be drained to a lower level when Analog reaches zero.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,553 of 14,596
That is also consistent with my test results after about 4-5 full charge/discharge cycles. Either 4.4mm or 2.5mm balanced, med gain, average listening volume, mix of mp3/flac, wifi/BT off, and screen mostly off, I'm getting a solid 13hrs of play time until Analog battery goes to zero while Digital is around 30-35%. But keep in mind, display is off and wifi/BT radios are off, otherwise Digital battery would be drained to a lower level when Analog reaches zero.
Now I see why Ibasso went with 4000mAH on digital and 2000mAH for analog, so that you can continuously watching the movies, streaming music videos and have both of them drained off toward at the same time

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #2,554 of 14,596
For the batteries, if the analog or digital side drops to 0% while the other still has 10-20%, can the DX300 still be used?

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #2,556 of 14,596
Now I see why Ibasso went with 4000mAH on digital and 2000mAH for analog, so that you can continuously watching the movies, streaming music videos and have both of them drained off toward at the same time
Indeed. Not sure about you @Whitigir but to me the DX300, with its screen size and dual batteries, is starting to blur the lines between music player and media player. If I got a DX300 it would be just as much for video playback (YouTube/Netflix/Plex) as it would be for music. Heck I'd probably watch more video with it than listen to music since the screen is bigger than my smartphone! This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #2,557 of 14,596
For the batteries, if the analog or digital side drops to 0% while the other still has 10-20%, can the DX300 still be used?
It's probably not a good idea to let either battery drain to 0% if you want to maximise battery health. Generally don't let lithium ion batteries drop below 15% or 20% or charge beyond 90%.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,558 of 14,596
Indeed. Not sure about you @Whitigir but to me the DX300, with its s reen size and dual batteries, is starting to blur the lines between music player and media player. If I got a DX300 it would be just as much for video playback (YouTube/Netflix/Plex) as it would be for music. Heck is probably watch more video with it than listen to music since the screen is bigger than .y smartphone! This is not a bad thing, just an observation.
I agreed and I am with you in it. This is a Modern High End Media Device. You can watch movies with high quality audio. Before we are debating the Audio of the streaming file quality. I just want to lay it out that This Dx300 has DAC/Amp and can drive many audiophiles in ears or headphones to perform which typically is only for music.

So I don’t know anyone else , but for me, I have been wanting similar thing for so long. I don’t stream audio but I do movies, and I am tired of those loud speakers, or dongles ..... I want mid night movies to be all high quality while bothering no one else.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,559 of 14,596
I agreed and I am with you in it. This is a Modern High End Media Device. You can watch movies with high quality audio. Before we are debating the Audio of the streaming file quality. I just want to lay it out that This Dx300 has DAC/Amp and can drive many audiophiles in ears or headphones to perform which typically is only for music. So I don’t know anyone else , but for me, I have been wanting similar thing for so long. I don’t stream audio but I do movies, and I am tired of those loud speakers, or dongles ..... I want mid night movies to be all high quality while bothering no one else.

Netflix app in android supports Dolby Atmos, doesn't it?
Should be nice, will test it!

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2,562 of 14,596
Thanks. Do I manually raise volume to maximum when using iBasso Line Out? Astell & Kern have a button where you can max it instantly.
I am experimenting with line out and the Romi Audio BX2+. I am also accustomed to AK, when I touch the LO popup on the screen all volume is fed through the amp. With the LO on the DX300 I still control volume on both the amp and DAP.

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #2,563 of 14,596
Screen can still be on and controlled, but no sounds. The same as if you had a stack, the DaP has battery and the Amp is out

Wouldn’t the screen be on if digital still has some juice but no sound if analog at 0%?
And screen/DAP can’t turn on at all if digital at 0% although potentially there still could be sound with analog at 20%?
Not sure how i

It's probably not a good idea to let either battery drain to 0% if you want to maximise battery health. Generally don't let lithium ion batteries drop below 15% or 20% or charge beyond 90%.

Don’t plan to, but nice to know how it works though.

Netflix app in android supports Dolby Atmos, doesn't it?
Should be nice, will test it!

Only if your output supports Atmos, in this case most IEM/headphones do not support Atmos so it won’t make any difference.

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #2,564 of 14,596
I am experimenting with line out and the Romi Audio BX2+. I am also accustomed to AK, when I touch the LO popup on the screen all volume is fed through the amp. With the LO on the DX300 I still control volume on both the amp and DAP.

Is the volume control on DX300 analog or digital? Guessing It is probably the digital volume control on the DACs in both modes (PO or LO).

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #2,565 of 14,596
Wouldn’t the screen be on if digital still has some juice but no sound if analog at 0%?
And screen/DAP can’t turn on at all if digital at 0% although potentially there still could be sound with analog at 20%?
just imagine a DAP connect to External Amp

What happen if DAP is drained ? Nothing, no screen, no sound
What happen if Amp is drained ? Screen is on but no sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back